F1 2019

Mosha

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Montreal

Oh dear what a tantrum...

But I agree with the stewards, last race, was it not Vestappen who got a 5 second penalty for a unsafe release and he lost a podium position.

This incident was on a par with an unsafe pit lane release but this time the driver was 100% to blame, my question is could Vettel have avoided it? I think he hesitated rejoining deciding to cut of Lewis which was an unsafe move, Lewis had to take avoiding action, if vettel had not cut up Lewis he would have passed easy.

45 minutes ago, Basil B said:

Montreal

Oh dear what a tantrum...

But I agree with the stewards, last race, was it not Vestappen who got a 5 second penalty for a unsafe release and he lost a podium position.

This incident was on a par with an unsafe pit lane release but this time the driver was 100% to blame, my question is could Vettel have avoided it? I think he hesitated rejoining deciding to cut of Lewis which was an unsafe move, Lewis had to take avoiding action, if vettel had not cut up Lewis he would have passed easy.

Lets face it, Vettel can't handle any pressure from behind (no pun intended)

He always cracks and then whines about getting a penalty !! He then claims it was "racing" but the guy can't race, he's only comfortable if he's out front with no-one near him ????

3 minutes ago, Mosha said:

Ferrari should have told Seb to give up the place.

Probably told Charles Leclerc not to get to close...

Ferrari said yesterday they were going to appeal, asked on what ground they shut up.

Seems Ferrari and their drivers no longer can just do as they like.

I know many would like to see the end of Mercedes winning every race but there again it was not that long ago Ferrari's Schumacher was winning everyrace, but until the FIA decide on whether F1 should be about who builds the best or whoever is the best driver F1 will be a mess, maybe time to allow a driver to race for a team for a maximum of 3 years or have cars all using the same engines, gear boxes and electronics. 

I didn't watch the race, but I saw the replay of the incident. Seb didn't have control of his car as he came back on track, and could easily have crashed into Lewis. I don't think he's much to moan about over the penalty. Any other 2 drivers I doubt there'd be as much fuss about it.

2 hours ago, Mosha said:

I didn't watch the race, but I saw the replay of the incident. Seb didn't have control of his car as he came back on track, and could easily have crashed into Lewis. I don't think he's much to moan about over the penalty. Any other 2 drivers I doubt there'd be as much fuss about it.

Thing is he nether even attempted to slow, it set a dangerous precedent to allow this to pass as a "racing incident", it must be if a driver goes (all 4 wheels) off circuit they must return to the track safely.

That penalty only corrected a situation had Vettel returned to the track in a safe manor Lewis would have been well in front, and not a punishment.

1 hour ago, Mosha said:

Ferrari will not appeal

AKA "We've seen the replay".

Unfortunately the 5 seconds really only corrected a unfair advantage Vettel got by reentering the track in a unsafe manor.

I am questioning did Vettel even ease off the gas while off track and did he deliberately stear to cut off Hamilton?

The latter Ferrari have confirmed, telemetry data and all the video footage should prove this conclusively, I would think if he did he should get a few points on his racing licence.

No

doubt his tantrum at the end of the race will have earned him a hefty fine...

On 6/15/2019 at 2:26 AM, Mosha said:

Ferrari will not appeal

AKA "We've seen the replay".

Ferrari did appeal and it was thrown out...

Ferrari's attempt to overturn the penalty that cost Sebastian Vettel victory in the Canadian Grand Prix has been rejected by Formula 1 officials.

The team met with race stewards at the French Grand Prix on Friday to argue for a right to review the incident.

But stewards found that Ferrari had presented "no significant and relevant new elements which were unavailable to the parties at the time".

Pitty I was hoping the race stewards would look at it again, I think they were too lenient particularly as suggested at the time he deliberately tried to run Lewis into the wall.

2 minutes ago, Mosha said:

Ferrari to demand Q3 to be rerun, because the wrong Ferrari is on row 2

About time they realised the potential of their second driver, he is their only hope, if they try to impose team orders they will end up behind 2 McLarens...

More to the point who will be Ferrari's drivers for next year?  I can see Vettel hang his helmet up at the end of the year as clearly it no the car.

Both Lewis and Bottas have 2-5 years left as competitive drivers in F1 and if they both retire or go off the boil at the same time Mercedes will have a car without drivers to get the most out of it, Mercedes must surely be looking for younger drivers with potential so Mercedes would probable let Bottas go if Ferrari made a good offer.

That had to be the most boring race ever. And it's not because of a Merc 1 2. There wasn't any drama until the last few laps. Going off there has no serious impact. It should be a serious chance of being out of the race, and I don't mean because of harm to the driver. It's a test track, and that's all it is.

Feel sorry for Noris...

Most exciting event was when the bollard want walkabout and a marchel sprinted on track to recover it.

But certainly not a challenging track, just a walk in the park for Lewis.

Just watching (recorded) highlights, Billy Monger interviewing Vettel, Hamilton walks by Vettel stops the interview to grab Lewis and shakes his hand,  really warm handshake and certainly no animosity.

Vet-Ham.jpg.9373ca9fbf1744acf2dadacd73ae5545.jpg

image.png

image.png

Leclerc on pole, Max now 2nd, Bottas 3rd, Lewis Hamilton Starts 4th after qualifying 2nd.

Impeded Raikkonen on a flying lap on Q1.

Hamilton, who also received one penalty point on his licence, pre-empted the official announcement of his grid drop by several minutes by writing "3 place penalty..." on an Instagram post.

In a separate post, he conceded that he "totally deserved the penalty today and have no problem accepting it".

He added: "Was a mistake on my behalf and I take full responsibility for it. It wasn't intentional. Anyway, tomorrow is another day and an opportunity to rise. These things are sent to try us."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/48811784

"totally deserved the penalty today and have no problem accepting it" a dig at Ferrari and Vettel by any chance? who now starts 9th after failing to compete in Q3. 

20 minutes ago, Basil B said:

Leclerc on pole, Max now 2nd, Bottas 3rd, Lewis Hamilton Starts 4th after qualifying 2nd.

Hopefully be an interesting race, especially considering Leclerc is starting on the soft tyres....

Lewis will be aiming to get ahead of Bottas from the start again, if not it could be a long afternoon for him 

As for Vettel.... ????

4 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

Hopefully be an interesting race, especially considering Leclerc is starting on the soft tyres....

Lewis will be aiming to get ahead of Bottas from the start again, if not it could be a long afternoon for him 

As for Vettel.... ????

I think team orders will come into play, Bottas will be told he must be aggressive and get past Max quick as he will not be allowed to hold up Lewis, again He will not be allowed to hold up Lewis if he is faster to prevent Leclerc gaining when he goes in for a early change of boots. 

But there again Bottas Has been better than Lewis all weekend so posible another pep talk from Toto telling him he can do it, could bring in another Mercedes 1-2 with Bottas taking the crown.

Leclerc has had a good weekend so far and is proving to be a better driver than Vettel, had not Vettel had issue with his car I think it would have proved Leclerc is a better driver and just another indicator that Vettel just does not have it any more.

Of course if Max takes out Leclerc I will be happy to see Bottas, Lewis and Norris on the podium (Norris starting from P5).

A much better race, I'm not sure what to make of Max forcing Charles off. Charles was following the line of the outside of the corner though. Max must've been possessed by Rosberg.

37 minutes ago, Mosha said:

A much better race, I'm not sure what to make of Max forcing Charles off. Charles was following the line of the outside of the corner though. Max must've been possessed by Rosberg.

It took the stewards over 3 hours to come to a conclusion, I think everybody other than Leclerc and and Ferrari thought they made the right decision, even Vettel agreed with them, well at least Max did not try to push Leclerc into a wall. 

Mercedes and Hamilton not so good weekend, Silverstone next, Lewis will want to do well, Started poll last year but flunked it with a poor start Raikkonen ran him off the track and returned to the track (safely) at the back off the pack.

Not winning at Silverstone may have been embarrassing for Lewis but not as embarrassing as Lewis's win at Monza was for Ferrari, Lewis starting 3rd behind both Ferraris...

• 2 weeks later...

No one can call the race boring...

I was going to say if Max & Vet... but they did so will Lewis be coming in for softs towards the end of the race for softs and get that extra point?

Edit in:

Got the fastest lap on worn hards...:clap2:

That was a great race, some interesting battles up and down the grid. I'm convinced Max doesn't get irony. Boy did I laugh. Seb's last season do you think? It's looking more and more like he's lost his mojo. Ferrari are going to have to stop calling him their No. 1.

Archived