F1 2019

Mosha

22 minutes ago, Mosha said:

That was a great race, some interesting battles up and down the grid. I'm convinced Max doesn't get irony. Boy did I laugh. Seb's last season do you think? It's looking more and more like he's lost his mojo. Ferrari are going to have to stop calling him their No. 1.

Mercedes must be talking money with Lewis for another 2 year contract, again it will be hard ball, but unless ferrari or Red Bull can convince Lewis that they will have a better car Lewis will be staying put, Lewis is in it for rewriting the record books.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am sure Lewis would have passed Vattari at some stage, The safety car just made it an uneventful pass, sorry for Max, Seb is just getting out of hand and a menis on the track, well at least he did not say his breaks fail, (leave that for Albon the Thai Driver).

11 hours ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Menis ? , surely a typo , but did you mean “ menace “ ? or “ pxxxx” ??

A Menis is an imaginary moose that has a penis shaped head.

But you was right not an everyday word in my vocabulary and it passed the spellchecker.

On 7/23/2019 at 12:07 PM, Basil B said:

OK it is the silly season, contracts are up for renewal, so whos going where?

I don't know why the sports fb pages are talking about Bottas going, although Merc are being quoted as saying they'll decide next month. He's done a great job as Ham's wing man. The drivers table shows that. IMO deserves another contract.

1 hour ago, Basil B said:

With reliability like that do you think any top tire driver will be looking to replace Seb for next year???

Silly season rumour had him at Red Bull. 555. 

Lewis is not well...

Lewis Hamilton determined to contest German Grand Prix despite illness

At one point on Saturday morning, Lewis Hamilton was not even sure he would be able to race in the German Grand Prix, so bad did he feel with an illness that has been bothering him this weekend at Hockenheim and which took a turn for the worse overnight.

His Mercedes team had prepared the car for the possibility that they might have to sub the world champion out of qualifying and replace him with reserve driver Esteban Ocon.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/49140331

One thing to pull out the magic for 2 or 3 laps when you are under the weather, I just hope he can do it for 67 today...

Managed to get that fixed, and tuned in to the repeat. It was almost at the spot I lost the signal. 

So IMO, not a great race, but not terrible either. Felt sorry for Valterie. His rase messed up and completely out of his control. Max does whine when he under pressure doesn't he? Lewis knew all he had to do was get in Max's and wait.

2 hours ago, Mosha said:

Managed to get that fixed, and tuned in to the repeat. It was almost at the spot I lost the signal. 

So IMO, not a great race, but not terrible either. Felt sorry for Valterie. His rase messed up and completely out of his control. Max does whine when he under pressure doesn't he? Lewis knew all he had to do was get in Max's and wait.

Great team work at Mercedes pulled a real flanker with the 2nd pit stop, laft Max trying to nurse home tyers that were going to lose performance towards the end of the race.

Toto says it will be one of two drivers partnering Lewis next year, talk is Vet or Ocon, wonder when the championships are in the bag which could be in the next 5 races they test Ocon in a couple of Friday practice sessions, could even replace him with Bottas in one or more races at the end of the season if Bottas performance drops off.

17 hours ago, Basil B said:

Toto says it will be one of two drivers partnering Lewis next year, talk is Vet or Ocon, wonder when the championships are in the bag which could be in the next 5 races they test Ocon in a couple of Friday practice sessions, could even replace him with Bottas in one or more races at the end of the season if Bottas performance drops off.

Vettel might not be the best choice, thinking of his past overtaking moves. Also it'd be like having Rosberg back. You need someone who's good enough to watch your #1's back, but not be too good to constantly challenge. Bottas was unlucky in Hungary. I think he deserves a chance.

Did Toto really say Vettel is being considered ?
I read it’s between Bottas or Ocon .

2 hours ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Did Toto really say Vettel is being considered ?
I read it’s between Bottas or Ocon .

Opps...

I shortened Vettari because I was not bothered to look up how to speel bottas's given name...

Got that really wrong, it was "Valtteri" :blush:

Why do so many F1 drivers have foreign names.

4 hours ago, DaRoadrunner said:

As is my nature, I would like to stir things up and bring more competition to the fore.... Alonso to replace Gasly at Red Bull would certainly do that. Problem is, on one wants his mercurial personality.

I would be surprised if teams did not have a psychologist or two who they consult on personalities, i.e. who works best with who... 

I am surprised about Albon as he has fewer points than Kvyat, but is impressing as a rookie, maybe RB are worried Max may move to Ferrari or Mercedes end of next year and want to test Albon while looking for another driver to replace Gasly.

Excellent news that Alex Albon will be taking over from Gasly for the rest of the 2019 season.   Let's hope his rapid improvement has not come to soon for him and that the challenges of racing for Red Bull will not impact what has been an  excellence performance so far.   The lad has done very well and deserves his success based on his driving performances, and has been fortunate that the media have not unnecessarily dragged up the issues of his family.

• 3 weeks later...

Belgian Grand Prix: Race Facts and Stats

An emotional weekend at Spa-Francorchamps concluded with Charles Leclerc securing his first-ever Formula 1 win after narrowly beating Lewis Hamilton, claiming Ferrari’s first win of the year in the process. We take a look at the best stats and facts from the 2019 Belgian Grand Prix.

Charles Leclerc becomes Formula 1’s third-youngest winner, the 39th driver to win a world championship race for Ferrari, and Formula 1’s 108th different winner.

Leclerc also joins an illustrious group of drivers to take their first victory at Spa: Peter Collins (1956), Jim Clark (1962) and Michael Schumacher (1992) all broke their ducks here

Lewis Hamilton led his 141st Grand Prix, meaning he’s one shy of Michael Schumacher’s all-time record for Grands Prix led.

Sebastian Vettel has now gone a full year without a Grand Prix victory.

Read more here.

Archived