F1 2019

Mosha

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another red mist moment from SV.

Hope he gets at least one race ban, total <deleted>... After Canada you would think he would be more careful.

Total joke just given him a ten second drive through penalty, no penalty as he is at the back anyway. 

Another red mist moment from SV.

Hope he gets at least one race ban, total ... After Canada you would think he would be more careful.

Total joke just given him a ten second drive through penalty, no penalty as he is at the back anyway. 

Yup, a grid penalty at Singapore would be more fitting, as you say he’s at the back anyway so nothing to lose.

Raikkonen gets a 10 second penalty for starting on the wrong tyres !!

Farcical weekend ☹️

Glad that Leclerc got the win, gonna make the remaining races ( and next season ) less of a one horse race and bring some competition back.

Leclerc did well to hold Hamilton off, albeit with a little controversy, and this win can only improve his confidence, looking forward to some good battles over the next ( nearly ) 3 months .

Should Leclerc have been told to give that place up after cutting the chicane?

Sent from my SM-A105G using Tapatalk

I would say yes he cut a corner to maintain his position and should have been made to forfeit.
Of course if he was ordered to give away the lead then that would have led to even more controversy.
If this scenario happened further down the field then I believe the ruling would have been enforced.

But to penalise the leader and potentially lose him the race ?? , mmm a tough call indeed !!

Points on driver licence system is a farce.

Vettel has accumulated more points(24) than any other driver over the 6 years the system has been running, the highest number of any driver in F1, of which 9 are current and two of them will expire by the time the next race in Singapore starts in two weeks time.

He has now 7 so far this season, twice for unsafe rejoining of the track and once for causing a collision, yet in the 6 year of the system no driver has had their licence suspended.

Either they need to be adding more points or they need to stay current for longer, or both, Twice this season Vettel has committed a unsafe return to the track after taking the scenic route, on both occasions he nearly took another driver out.

On 9/9/2019 at 5:26 AM, Mosha said:

Should Leclerc have been told to give that place up after cutting the chicane? I bet Vettel wishes they'd kept Kimi

Hamilton tried to take the outside line on the first of the two corners so would have been on the inside for the next. LeClerc would have been forced wide. Hamilton wasn't past yet. So LeClerc did what he had to. Agreed he could have done the same by simply holding his line but he knew what was coming next. When he is eventually world champion he will face the same problem from some other up and coming guy.

• 2 weeks later...

Please after Vietnam, no more street circuits, and massive run off areas. It's ridiculous that going off has so little consequences 90% of the time. No one wants to see a driver hurt or worse, but an off should hold a significant risk of end of race. Well for all Mercs recent pace problems, it was good to see Lewis plant his on the front row. Well Charles, 4 out of 4.

Well Ferrari managed to stuff that up good and proper. I can't see Charles getting into many more pre race agreements with Vettel. I think the relationship is going to be worse than Hamilton's and Rosberg's ended up. Ferrari have always been used to an obvious #1 driver, and LeClerc has shown they don't know how to handle 2 equally quick drivers.
A good race by both Mercs, and a 5th for Albon.

Interesting race, even if Mercedes had luck on their side, it was Bottas who inspired keeping Charles behind him for last 20 odd laps.

And yes, Ferrari do not have the experience of managing two top drivers, do not know if it is Lewis that Ferrari are are eyeing up, more likely they know it is the likes of Toto they need. 

• 2 weeks later...

2 penalties cost Charles a place. 1 for the 1st lap collision, and the not putting. Apparently the stewards called the pit to be told he was putting, then he carried on. Seb was lucky not to be penalised too for that start.

Archived