19 million Thais suffer from insomnia, says hospital director

snoop1130

17 hours ago, DrTuner said:

That's surprising. I've seen Thais sleep on back of a motocy, standing in a bus, etc. They seem to have a supernatural ability to fall asleep within a second anywhere.

Maybe they slept so much during waking hours that they could not sleep at night. Misplaced priorities. 

19 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Psychiatric Hospital revealed that up to 19 million Thais suffer from sleep deprivation.

But half of that number catch up the short-fall by sleeping at the steering wheel of vehicles !

They should stop staring into the blue light-emitting screens of their devices for a start - blue light at night inhibits the release of melatonin, the hormone that helps you sleep. I use the f-lux program on my computer to reduce blue light on my laptop. I can fall asleep fast now (usually within 5 mins of putting my head down). I can recommend this program.

image.png.462065c4d0da44ffd23bd8f40bf384d6.png

On 3/15/2019 at 9:36 PM, DrTuner said:

That's surprising. I've seen Thais sleep on back of a motocy, standing in a bus, etc. They seem to have a supernatural ability to fall asleep within a second anywhere.

It must have been some of the other 50m persons you have seen … :thumbsup:

On 3/15/2019 at 8:23 PM, snoop1130 said:

environment factors such as noise. 

Thais must be the noisiest nation on earth.  They suffer from/allow incessant barking dogs or crowing pet roosters; unsilenced motorbikes; boom box pickups with the 'music' volume set to deafening; karaoke; temple festivities; night clubs permitted way past bedtime.  It's a wonder the police get any sleep at all after a rigorous four hour day robbing motorists.

Archived