U.S. imposes visa bans on International Criminal Court investigators - Pompeo

rooster59

4 minutes ago, farcanell said:

Eschewing checks and balances is not acceptable... checks and balances are a nessesity to any acceptable “general scheme”

There are no checks and balances. There is us and the rest of you. We call the shots.

5 minutes ago, farcanell said:

Nice guys don’t protect war criminals.

We decide who are war criminals.

5 minutes ago, farcanell said:

it wouldn’t take much for an anti US collision to form a new power dynamic (which could be very very bad for us all)

Good. Get with the program then. Us or them.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Marknreston said:

China incarcerates hundreds of thousands in "re-education" camps in western China, kidnaps people from other countries because they criticize the regime; Russia either actively shoots down civilian airliners or provides the equipment to their surrogates who do so, Russia sends agents throughout the world to poison those that have escaped Putins control, specifically targets numerous hospitals in the Syrian war zone; Myanmar sends their military on killing and raping sprees and forces 700,000 to flee for their lives..........I could go on and on.  But where is the ICC in the above cases.  I don't agree with Trump on everything by a long shot but he has this right.  The ICC is a joke.  But those of you who are anti everything regarding the USA will not understand.  

Do you aspire to imitate these nations, or rather adhere to the ideals set down in your constitution, whilst bumping your gums about the land of the free, the greatness of American democracy and cherry pie?

you can’t have it both ways.... but perhaps you have to be without, looking in, to realize that.

2 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

There are no checks and balances. There is us and the rest of you. We call the shots.

We decide who are war criminals.

Good. Get with the program then. Us or them.

Yep... exactly why NK cannot give up its nukes... and I’ll pee my pants with laughter if china deploys “peace keepers” to Venezuela.

That you can boil boil things down to “us or them” speaks to irrationality.... but with every one of your “booboos” and “collateral damage”, the “us” bit is diminished.... how diminished you can become, whilst maintaining a semblance of power and influence, is the question, and the answer will determine who sides with whom, when things go pear shaped, as folk will want/need responsible truthful leaders of character that can be trusted, not morally bankrupt fools of dubious character.

31 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

Power comes grows out of the barrel of a gun- Murderous Mao

We got the guns.

You are reducing power to coercion. Coercion is usually a more costly and not necessarily more efficient form of power. In addition, it usually generates undesirable effects.The war in Irak is an excellent example of how the attitude you promote can lead to a complete disaster.

11 minutes ago, tomazbodner said:

US is really lucky. Wherever they go and bring democracy, they find oil...

Good on Thailand for having (nearly) none.

But they had a lot of flat land (albeit a bit boggy) for military airstrips.

Udorn Thani,Ubon Ratchathani,Don Muang,Korat,Nakhon Phanom,Takhli and U-Tapao to name just a few.

But you are right..very little oil.

21 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

No dude, we are engaged. We are just tired of countries taking our handouts then spitting in our faces, being criticized about Human Rights in the UN by countries that by any stretch of the imagination are sh*tholes where folks have no rights, we are tired if being accused of war crimes by folks in countries whos daddies sent folks to death camps, we are tired of spending all our money to defend a bunch of ungrateful deadbeat countries and we would like to give a great big <deleted> to the world. If we need to overthrow a crap government to get more oil, go for it. If you are a two bit dictator in a country and its in our interests to get rid of you, we will. What is the world going to do about it? Sanction us? The UN is luck we let them have such valuable real estate. Hopefully, by Trumps next term, as we are holding out the checkbook its going to be yes, Uncle Sam how may I serve.

The Chinese do it, nobody complains about them. And remember, the choices you  make today determine whether you will be speaking Madarin or English in 2100. Hey world, pick a side and keep your mouths shut, if we want your advice we will ask. War is hell, aint it?

Ever married?

On 3/16/2019 at 9:45 AM, Nyezhov said:

Good job Mike. We have our own laws to punish misconduct and dont need to play the politics game.

Yep. The big old bad USA. I love it. God Bless America and our people and screw the rest of the world unless they fall in line.

I love it when folks call us a Bully.  Yep. This isnt the Playground. Get in line now.

Your gonna hurt when China replaces the US as the World's policeman!

On 3/16/2019 at 7:29 AM, LomSak27 said:

As it was AFGHANISTAN. Yes you betcha, The US is going to send soldiers, bombers cruise missiles and AC 130 gunships,   Drones, Hellfire missiles, the usual. 

Try Iraq next time you make that argument   :thumbsup:  It works there.

But but.... 

On 3/16/2019 at 6:51 AM, rooster59 said:

I'm announcing a policy of U.S. visa restrictions on those individuals directly responsible for any ICC investigation of U.S. personnel," 

Doesn’t “any ICC investigation” cover Iraq as well?

3 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

Your gonna hurt when China replaces the US as the World's policeman!

Actually the world will. But thanks for letting us know where you stand in the Great Game. You must speak Mandarin.

On 3/16/2019 at 2:02 PM, Nyezhov said:

No dude, we are engaged. We are just tired of countries taking our handouts then spitting in our faces, being criticized about Human Rights in the UN by countries that by any stretch of the imagination are sh*tholes where folks have no rights, we are tired if being accused of war crimes by folks in countries whos daddies sent folks to death camps, we are tired of spending all our money to defend a bunch of ungrateful deadbeat countries and we would like to give a great big <deleted> to the world. If we need to overthrow a crap government to get more oil, go for it. If you are a two bit dictator in a country and its in our interests to get rid of you, we will. What is the world going to do about it? Sanction us? The UN is luck we let them have such valuable real estate. Hopefully, by Trumps next term, as we are holding out the checkbook its going to be yes, Uncle Sam how may I serve.

The Chinese do it, nobody complains about them. And remember, the choices you  make today determine whether you will be speaking Madarin or English in 2100. Hey world, pick a side and keep your mouths shut, if we want your advice we will ask. War is hell, aint it?

Actually, out of all the OECD natons, on the basis of GNI (gross national income) the USA ranks lower than all the fully economically developed members except South Korea.

And it's amazing after all the reverses the USA has suffered in its military adventures since the 1960s to see someone so ignorant as to still maintain their effectiveness.  It's like watching a dinosaur come back to life.

On 3/16/2019 at 7:17 AM, OneMoreFarang said:

Maybe the US shouldn't send their soldiers to the rest of the world. Then they wouldn't be able to behave like bad Americans while they are in other peoples counties. Go home and stay home - problem solved.

I see the My Lae? massacre all over again. Soldiers who take the fight to unarmed civilians.

And now US enacts laws to protect murderers from the Criminal Court.

Yay USA. YOU DONE IT AGAIN YOU BARBARIC COUNTRY.

4 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

Actually the world will. But thanks for letting us know where you stand in the Great Game. You must speak Mandarin.

You make the notion of “fragging” so understandable.... bless

6 hours ago, farcanell said:

You make the notion of “fragging” so understandable.... bless

Fragging? So your contention is that the murder of folks who do not agree with your political position is "understandable"?

Glad to see it. Makes my belief that many non Americans represent a personal threat to me even more compelling.

30 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

Fragging? So your contention is that the murder of folks who do not agree with your political position is "understandable"?

Glad to see it. Makes my belief that many non Americans represent a personal threat to me even more compelling.

Do you recall that it was on this very thread that you wrote this?

"If we need to overthrow a crap government to get more oil, go for it. If you are a two bit dictator in a country and its in our interests to get rid of you, we will. What is the world going to do about it?"

2 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

Absolutely not..... my comment has nothing to do with politics, per say, or wether or not we agree on anything really.... its more about the dismissiveness of your posts in response to others, including myself

Interestingly, I see you appear saddled with an overly large dose of paranoia. The apparent resultant xenophobia does provide an insight into your postings though.... which is good to know

may the blessings of allah be upon you as you go about this day.

10 minutes ago, farcanell said:

Interestingly, I see you appear saddled with an overly large dose of paranoia. The apparent resultant xenophobia does provide an insight into your postings though.... which is good to know

Thanks for the diagnosis Dr. Phil. Your comment amply demonstrates the  the problem of the contemporary Left. Judgemental, rigid, humourless, fanatic, grandiose in words, ideas and hyperbole without factual basis therefore, hypocritical and almost cult like in its attack of the "other" while promoting policies and interactions rife with Frommian Necrophilia. Your implicit threat of violence is well noted. Peace.

1 hour ago, Nyezhov said:

Thanks for the diagnosis Dr. Phil. Your comment amply demonstrates the  the problem of the contemporary Left. Judgemental, rigid, humourless, fanatic, grandiose in words, ideas and hyperbole without factual basis therefore, hypocritical and almost cult like in its attack of the "other" while promoting policies and interactions rife with Frommian Necrophilia. Your implicit threat of violence is well noted. Peace.

Lol... I had to look that stuff up.... I’m impressed.... sort of (yes... I know, you don’t care if I’m impressed etc etc)

that said.... my reading of frommonian necrophilia suggests that you are afflicted with this condition, given your posting record, which is not to suggest that liberals or illiberals suffer from this... just you.

mmm... illiberal ..... ill liberals... ill.... coincident? I think not.

now, whilst raising the topic of ill.... how do you arrive at any implicit threat of violence... ah... that’s right... paranoia.

4 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

Makes my belief that many non Americans represent a personal threat to me even more compelling.

1 minute ago, farcanell said:

that said.... my reading of frommonian necrophilia suggests that you are afflicted with this condition, given your posting record, which is not to suggest that liberals or illiberals suffer from this... just you.

Have a splendid day. Poof, your gone, consigned to an ignored corner of the internet. Toodles. Cant even copy and paste Frommian correctly LOL

On 3/16/2019 at 10:00 AM, bristolboy said:

How's that been working out? Remember how Trump was going to push Canada and Mexico into making big changes to Nafta? He couldn't even coerce them. The US couldn't have defeated Isis without the assistance of Iran. The days of the USA as uber troll are long gone.

you forgot to mention big changes to the PTT/japan, best deal with NK the love of his life, losing EU allies, pissing off Nato allies... but he didn't lose any friends because they were none to lose

On 3/16/2019 at 7:54 AM, Lungstib said:

Poor old U.S. of A. Being seen for what it really is, losing its importance as a legal and moral upholder of peoples rights, no longer democratic and slipping further away from the majority who uphold the idea of world justice. How long before they attain a position similar to how they now view Iran. A comment made on this subject, included in an international newspaper added this;

James Goldston, the executive director of the Open Society Justice Initiative, said Pompeo’s remarks reflected the administration’s view that international law matters “only when it is aligned with US national interests”. 

Which pretty much agrees with all Naom Chomsky has been saying for years. A criminal state.

World justice doesn't exist and is a pipe dream under the current global leadership whether it is usa, europe, china, russia or whomever.  Better to worry about getting your house in order first.

8 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

Have a splendid day. Poof, your gone, consigned to an ignored corner of the internet. Toodles. Cant even copy and paste Frommian correctly LOL

LOL.... copy and paste... is that how you get by?..... further evidence supporting surveys into republican IQ levels

Anyway... my computer occasionally slips word changes in when I’m not looking.... it chose to change frommian to frommonian  in deference to various Saxon search’s and readings that my browser sees, but there you go .... again, getting your panties in a bunch over a spelling mistake. Now where did I read something about this.... ????... got it

1 hour ago, Nyezhov said:

Judgemental, rigid, humourless, fanatic, grandiose in words, ideas and hyperbole without factual basis therefore, hypocritical and almost cult like in its attack of the "other" 

You were describing yourself.... and look, the apostrophe is after “therefore”, not before.... ergo.... lmao

On 3/18/2019 at 8:28 AM, Nyezhov said:

I would never agree with you. But I do now.

On 3/18/2019 at 11:39 AM, farcanell said:

Absolutely not..... my comment has nothing to do with politics, per say, or wether or not we agree on anything really.... its more about the dismissiveness of your posts in response to others, including myself

may the blessings of allah be upon you as you go about this day.

May I just say that the blessings of "Allah be with you" may not ring true with most western cultures that despise your religion.

No matter what you say, idiots of your faith are committed to mass murder.

When you can explain that, in any civil, educated or logical reasoning, please do not try to justify.

I have learned to despise your religion because you do nothing to stop the killing in the name of your religion.

For all my life I have tried to be tolerant. But your religion is tolerant?

On 3/18/2019 at 11:55 AM, Nyezhov said:

Person, you went over the top with Necrophilia.

The rest of your post as being a sound person who posts sound posts is rubbish.

And you suggest violence.

Please go and get the medication

This  is the new Trump America. We can do any thing and no one will ever challenge our methods.,

We will break every norm. We will kill civilians and any one we consider scum.

Because we are an awful country, with no respect for any one.

Go USA, WE LOVE YOU SCUM.;

AND i FOUGHT FOR YOU, you shit country 

6 minutes ago, Prissana Pescud said:

This  is the new Trump America. We can do any thing and no one will ever challenge our methods.,

We will break every norm. We will kill civilians and any one we consider scum.

Because we are an awful country, with no respect for any one.

Go USA, WE LOVE YOU SCUM.;

AND i FOUGHT FOR YOU, you shit country 

The USA will be alright. It's just got to hit bottom first. Getting pretty close as you can see, because all the bottom feeders are coming out of their hidey holes.

14 minutes ago, lannarebirth said:

The USA will be alright. It's just got to hit bottom first. Getting pretty close as you can see, because all the bottom feeders are coming out of their hidey holes.

It has got a long go a long way to hit rock bottom. And before the true scum of US is cleared with pardons. 

But with 50% of US loving the biggest scum,, the pond is still a scum pond. Do you understand that 50%  of the population disagrees with you

Archived