BANGKOK 23 April 2019 19:18
Thailand Outcast

The Thai Immigration Detention Process.

So if you want to put yourself in that position because too many tourist visas or exemptions, don’t go to airport ! You might be lucky and they let you fly out again pretty quickly ! So make sure you have money to buy a ticket to leave or you will be in detention . It’s simple

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

11 minutes ago, wreckingcountry said:

So if you want to put yourself in that position because too many tourist visas or exemptions, don’t go to airport ! You might be lucky and they let you fly out again pretty quickly ! So make sure you have money to buy a ticket to leave or you will be in detention . It’s simple

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Of course no one wants to be in this position, but with no official rules on the frequency tourist visas or exemption stamps can be used, and the fact that individual immigration officers make a determination with out any official guidelines, this information would be good to know.  

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, ezzra said:

Not sure what is your visa situations are, why would anyone want to be in a position to be detained at all is beyond me, if you know in advance that there's a good chance you will be detained and deported, then what's the point man...

The purpose of this thread was not to focus on me, or my visa status, or how to get a visa, or how many tourist visas yo can have, or how often you can get them, or where is best to get them, or which boarder is the easiest to enter, and all the other ways to get into Thailand.

The purpose of this thread was in preparation for the possibility of detention at an airport, and what to expect, should it happen.

I would simply like to know, and given the many threads now being started by people being refused tourist visas at consulates, as well as those being denied entry, I think information on detention may be useful, not only for myself, but for many others as well. 

Edited by Thailand Outcast
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, DrJack54 said:

OP, I have read you other current thread. At some point, perhaps already, you will have pretty much exhausted entering via air. You wish to live in Thailand and are over 50. However you state in other thread not wishing to have money in Thai bank etc etc. 

There are current threads that answer your questions in detail. One even has pictures of "detention bunk room". Another where chap, who had his phone, gave live feed. Anyway you wish to play the tourist visa and visa exempt gig then fine. Especially when you can obtain visa that suits your requirements. Enjoy the nervous flights into bkk airports and potential future thread...." Got refused at airport and flown back to ..,.please advise.

As you would know, the visa forum is moving faster and faster by the day, as more and more people are having negative experiences. 

I try to read the relevant threads to my circumstances, but missed the threads you mention.

Can you post the links?

Once again, this thread is not about me and my visa status.

I would simply like to know about the detention process.

10 minutes ago, Thailand Outcast said:

As you would know, the visa forum is moving faster and faster by the day, as more and more people are having negative experiences. 

I try to read the relevant threads to my circumstances, but missed the threads you mention.

Can you post the links?

Once again, this thread is not about me and my visa status.

I would simply like to know about the detention process.

You could start with thread "Expelled no questions asked at DM"....about page 4.

" Denied at DM because too many visa....." page 2.

There are zillion others.

Cover all your questions. Anyway at some point maybe you can start similar one

6 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

You could start with thread "Expelled no questions asked at DM"....about page 4.

" Denied at DM because too many visa....." page 2.

There are zillion others.

Cover all your questions. Anyway at some point maybe you can start similar one

I read that thread.

Perhaps this thread could consolidate the pieces of information given in several other threads, and under a more appropriate topic heading for a Google search.

I think I will be ok, but it can't hurt to have information about being detained.  It would be different if there was an official mathematical formula that one could plan their tourist visas and exemption stamps around, and immigration officers stuck to it, but that isn't the case.

48 minutes ago, Thailand Outcast said:

That's why I would like to know the process. 

Is the totty really that good here? Because I can’t think of any other reason you’d subject yourself to such risk.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dcnx said:

Is the totty really that good here? Because I can’t think of any other reason you’d subject yourself to such risk.

I was hoping this thread stayed on topic, but anywayyyyyyyy.

Ok, so let's look at the risk.

Once again, and again, there is no official rules for the frequency in which an individual can enter on tourist visas or exemption stamps, so one may not know when enough is enough, until they have landed, and by then, it's too late, you are in detention.  If there were official rules on this, there would be no need forthis thread, and many others like it that are currently running.

This is why I would like to know the process, and yes, it has been touched on in several other threads, but perhaps this thread can consolidate the information, and be placed under an appropriate topic heading. 

10 minutes ago, Thailand Outcast said:

I read that thread.

Perhaps this thread could consolidate the pieces of information given in several other threads, and under a more appropriate topic heading for a Google search.

I think I will be ok, but it can't hurt to have information about being detained.  It would be different if there was an official mathematical formula that one could plan their tourist visas and exemption stamps around, and immigration officers stuck to it, but that isn't the case.

That has been suggested many times and I agree have simple set rules in place for those using tourist visas, visa exempt etc. One often mentioned is certain number of days per calendar year etc. At least folk would know exactly where they stand rather than play Russian roulette

• Like 1