Chiang Mai: Filmmaker calls for urgent action on smog as trainee coughs up blood

rooster59

Chiang Mai: Filmmaker calls for urgent action on smog as trainee coughs up blood

cm.JPG

Image: Daily News

A Chiang Mai filmmaker put pictures online of a trainee at his company coughing up blood.

He claimed this was a result of the appalling air quality in the northern Thai city that has seen it named as having some of the worst pollution in the world this week. 

The trainee had just popped out to buy some things and came back with blood streaming from her mouth and nostrils into a face mask. 

Nitchapoom Nicchi Chiaianun of Wayu Film called for the authorities to act and solve the problem.

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-03-16

The more pressure applied on the government, hopefully more action will be taken by them.

I have noticed a change where I live in the north-east, although some night burning still going on, but at least a 90% reduction so far.

What a difference standing outside my home at 7am breathing in fresh air as opposed to staying indoors with everything closed till 10am till the smoke would clear.

Pressure, pressure, pressure, big fines, jail time must be enforced to achieve this.

12 minutes ago, SoilSpoil said:

Among the worst polluted provinces in Thailand.

& the number one reason I never retired there, been that way for a long time! add in traffic is now a lot worse, for once I made a right decision!

5 hours ago, harada said:

Surgical masks are useless, you need an N95 mask to protect you from this soup, nice try for a bit of publicity though.

Perhaps the good film maker could make a short film about the correct face masks to wear & not the ones handed out by the authorities who seem to go for the cheapest option !

9 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

The more pressure applied on the government, hopefully more action will be taken by them.

I have noticed a change where I live in the north-east, although some night burning still going on, but at least a 90% reduction so far.

What a difference standing outside my home at 7am breathing in fresh air as opposed to staying indoors with everything closed till 10am till the smoke would clear.

Pressure, pressure, pressure, big fines, jail time must be enforced to achieve this.

Well this map doesn't seem to agree with your observations!

http://aqicn.org/city/thailand/chiangmai/city-hall/

I always enjoyed rainy season in CM (before the Chinese ruined it, along with the death of nightlife).  Will be interesting to see how it plays out, because everything was always geared towards high season...a small bump of Europeans in August, but the Summers offer very few, better climate than they enjoy in their own countries that time of year.  More Chinese seems to be the solution to all problems up there.  I sold last February and haven't returned.  The CM municipality fails miserably on easy things like garbage and rats, there is no way they will be able to significantly improve AQ.  The photo is a common nosebleed...anyone who has ever worked at a school has seen it many times, but I did notice a bad burning feeling in my sinuses a few times, there, and even a few traces of blood.

Archived