Jump to content
BANGKOK 25 April 2019 07:30
rooster59

Pattaya: Thou shalt not drink! Election booze ban in force today as cops threaten jail

Recommended Posts

My wine fridge has enough for 3 elections in case it occurs. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, AhFarangJa said:

LOL, I know the form Pilotman, I always have a few drinks in the fridge at home. My point is that this ridiculous ban is costing bars revenue for no other reason than to enforce a law that is not practical. I welcome any suggestion however,  as to how we should plan for it in order to mitigate losses, as we still have rent, salaries, (bribes ),, etc to pay. Or are you suggesting selling drinks in coffee cups for a 10,000 Baht fine........:whistling:

How about staging a 'special entertainment evening', maybe singing, dancing, some live show.  It doesn't need alcohol for that? Sorry, Im not a bar owner, so I don't know how this may work, you are clearly in the best position to judge .  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

How about staging a 'special entertainment evening', maybe singing, dancing, some live show.  It doesn't need alcohol for that? Sorry, Im not a bar owner, so I don't know how this may work, you are clearly in the best position to judge .  

I hear what you are saying, and is a good point, unfortunately, we do not have license for live music, and we are not big enough to host one anyway. On another note, I hope it is ok by your pool. I went out earlier with a nice chilled glass of chardonnay to make the most of our enforced holiday, and.............yep...............it bloody rained............first time in months in Hua hin !!!!!

Someone up there doesn't like me !!!!! :cheesy:  At least I still have the England Rugby game tonight...........unless there is a power cut at 5 to midnight..........:tongue:.......Have a good one mate...........:smile:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its only for tourists. Always has been. Not sure why either. Perhaps its a way to stop drunk tourists taking the stage at election to yell "shananigans"

People drink everywhere like fish regardless.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, AhFarangJa said:

I hear what you are saying, and is a good point, unfortunately, we do not have license for live music, and we are not big enough to host one anyway. On another note, I hope it is ok by your pool. I went out earlier with a nice chilled glass of chardonnay to make the most of our enforced holiday, and.............yep...............it bloody rained............first time in months in Hua hin !!!!!

Someone up there doesn't like me !!!!! :cheesy:  At least I still have the England Rugby game tonight...........unless there is a power cut at 5 to midnight..........:tongue:.......Have a good one mate...........:smile:

You too. First rain of the season and the mossies are like bloody Lancaster's around here, so not that good around the pool. In it is fine. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Only places this will effect in reality is the Saturday night drinking venues.. gonna hit them hard.

Everyone else will stock-up in advance & drink as usual !

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In Thailand, there is always an exception but for a price.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, jmccarty said:

My wine fridge has enough for 3 elections in case it occurs. 

10 years worth?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

just keep staying in that bullsh## communist country

  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can you imagine going to that world class resort 🤪😂 for the first time on a months vacation during this month, would you ever bother again. The lunatics are running the asylum again no wonder the place is deserted 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Caine said:

Can you imagine going to that world class resort 🤪😂 for the first time on a months vacation during this month, would you ever bother again. The lunatics are running the asylum again no wonder the place is deserted 

have you been to an Arab country lately?  

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, KMartinHandyman said:

This is a case where foreigners should be able to show their passport and buy alcohol being as they can’t vote.

One of the most sensible suggestions I have seen, tbh how many Thais do you ever see in the Bars in Pattaya apart from the Staff ?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Guderian said:

I sometimes wonder why people bother coming to Thailand when there are plenty of cheaper and friendlier places in SE Asia these days.

they arent as smart, perceptive or knowledgeable as you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...