BANGKOK
norfolkandchance

Cannot meet the requirement of 65000 or 800000. Options please

18 hours ago, donnacha said:

it currently boils down to how often you visit and how close together those visits are.

And the duration of previous visits (weeks vs months).  Even with a Tourist Visa you can have problems, if your "stuck around too long the last time," in the mind of the IO in charge.  There are no guidelines - just lawlessness at the Bangkok airports - so it's always dangerous, whatever the odds.

8 hours ago, SEtonal said:

An Australian (former Dutch/Netherlands citizen) was refused the combo method at Chiang Mai.   He will go back to Australia, apply for a 90-day non-O, top his Thai bank account up to 800K baht, and apply for an extension once his funds are properly seasoned.  

If traveling to one's passport-country (or where one has legal residence), a Non-OA is the best deal, now.  Immigration here is best avoided if at all possible - and you can keep you money invested wisely, and in a country where you have the permanent right to "be" / have access to it.

Why be held-hostage by the deteriorating conditions of Thai immigration if you have an alternative, and are already in or going to where you can obtain a Non-OA?  Soon, the majority of folks still obtaining "extensions of stay" from immigration here will be the ones faking the money with agents - which seems to be the point of the exercise.

6 hours ago, sometimewoodworker said:

I have heard a report a few days ago of an offer of ฿25,000 from an agent in Bangkok "all you need is passport 3 photos and 25,000 + 4,000 for multiple re-entry permit + EMS cost. You do not need money in the bank we take care of that" the person who received the offer lives in the Northeast

They should call it the "New Rules Special".  I have to wonder if that agent actually uses CW immigration, though - I would bet pocketing 7K extra and doing it via a Jomtien agent.  Doing the 90-day reports might be interesting - or he could border-bounce to avoid them, like those of us on Non-O-ME Visas.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Ej2562 said:

Currently I possess a O-A non immigrant long stay visa, 1 year with multiple entry, issued June 8, 2018. First used to come Thailand 12 Dec 2018. Will the current visa still expire on June 7, 2019?

The visa's expiration date should be printed on it - should be on that date.  If you enter on that date or before, you will get a NEW 1-year permitted stay, which you can keep alive for trips in and out with a re-entry permit.

4 hours ago, Ej2562 said:

I want to convert to retirement visa or extend O-A, 1 year visa when I return to Thailand in June, before 07, if feasible.  By early June, 2019, I plan to have deposited 65000 baht in a Thai bank every month starting March 2019.

If the IOs at your local office will accept deposits from March 2019 through June 2019, then you could opt for the 1-year extension of stay, but some are demanding 12 months of deposits - even for those applying currently. 

As I wrote above, a border-run before your Non-OA Visa expires would give you a fresh 1-year permitted-stay - same as what you would get from going through the rigamorole with immigration.  The only difference, is you would have to do a border-run to get it - unless entering close to that date, in which case you get 1-year permitted-stay from that date -and are set. 

Just don't forget to get a re-entry permit to keep it alive for that year, after the "Visa" has expired.

---------

As to the discussion about entry-types - the entries do not have to be back-to-back to be a problem if entering at lawless entry points like the Bangkok Airports. They don't follow the law or even a consistent-standard of illegal rules - so anything could happen.

If willing to enter at law-abiding land-borders, then flying domestic, there is not a problem regardless of if entries are "back to back" or not - since "when you were last here" or "how much time you spent here before" are not legal reasons for consideration by a law-abiding IO.  The only limitation to be concerned with, in this context, is a valid police-order limiting Visa-Exempt land-border entries to 2x per calendar year.  Of course, always have the required items depending on if entering Exempt or with a Visa - money, flight, hotel-booking, etc.

Edited by JackThompson

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Jerry787 said:

Vietnam. Laos, Cambodia 450USD per year, multi entry 1 year visa.

not easy, unless ur over 55, to get a 1 year ER extension in Cambodia an its around $390 not $450... BUT its multiple entry an no need any $$ in any Bank,  although banks pay up to 8% ( - 6%tax) on 1 year deposits ( vs 1.5% in Thailand)
no retirement visa for Laos and hard to get 1 year unless legally working or married.

Edited by phuketrichard
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, brokenbone said:

do report back, we need a vietnam topic more then ever

OK.  I will be flying to Da Nang & spending half my time there & half in Hoi An.  The hotels were incredibly cheap.  I will let you know how good they were.

• Like 1

On 3/16/2019 at 2:46 PM, elviajero said:

3 x 60 day Single Entry Tourist Visa. (recommended)

or

3 x 30 day Visa Exempt Entries with 30 day extensions.

elviajero:

Am I correct in saying that the 60-day SETV cannot be extended by 30 days in-country, whereas the Visa Exempt 30 days can?

Paul

35 minutes ago, PaulinSaphanKwai said:

Am I correct in saying that the 60-day SETV cannot be extended by 30 days in-country,

Not correct. 

You can extend the 60 day entry for 30 days.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, PaulinSaphanKwai said:

elviajero:

Am I correct in saying that the 60-day SETV cannot be extended by 30 days in-country, whereas the Visa Exempt 30 days can?

Paul

Both are extendable by 30 days for the standard 1,900 fee.

1 hour ago, elviajero said:

Both are extendable by 30 days for the standard 1,900 fee.

Thanks elviajero.

Paul

On ‎3‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 12:45 AM, dcnx said:

Vietnam. 1 year multi entry visa for around $400. 

Forget Thailand. Go somewhere where you’re welcome.

Only for USA residents, Vietnam has changed there Visa requirements again, 3 month tourist visa, then enter again.

4 hours ago, Jiggo said:

Only for USA residents, Vietnam has changed there Visa requirements again, 3 month tourist visa, then enter again.

Fortunately, no problem doing them back-to-back.  The 1-year Tourist-Visa also requires border-bounces at 90-days. 
Reports indicate one can get a 1-year business-visa (no border-bounces) very easily via an agent.  I think that's the $400 option being referred to.