Cannot meet the requirement of 65000 or 800000. Options please

On 3/16/2019 at 3:43 PM, norfolkandchance said:

Thanks everyone for their input. Looks like Tourist Visa’s for me.

There's a limit to tourist visa per year. I think it is 2 times maximum per year.

Can anyone confirm?

Furthermore, they might not grant you the visa if they think you are not a genuine tourist.

Just now, norfolkandchance said:

Thanks for that. I am already a resident in Italy

Italy has some really beautiful small towns to choose from.  When I was in Italy, I was never a fan of having to pay to use the restroom or stand to drink coffee but there are no 90 day checkins, TM forms for all of your movements, and visiting immigration year after year to meet more ridicules rules and regulations.  You are very lucky ????

• Like 1

On 3/21/2019 at 3:08 AM, Jiggo said:

Just come back after a month, fake news can not get business visa from an agent only a company....tried a few agents and spoke to expats, 2 year residence costs 1500 usd, one year tourist Yanks only...

This company is offering 6 month multiple entry business visas to Vietnam.   $220USD and $95 Stamping Fee at the airport.  

This one was on the first page of a Google search, but there are many more.

The visas can be extended inside Vietnam. 

I'm sure the 1 year multiple entry business visas will be available again soon.  

https://www.myvietnamvisa.com/vietnam-visa-cost.html

Even their basic 3 month multiple entry tourist visa can be extended 3 times inside Vietnam, which is a 1 year stay.  

Edited by Leaver
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, EricTh said:

There's a limit to tourist visa per year. I think it is 2 times maximum per year.

Can anyone confirm?

Furthermore, they might not grant you the visa if they think you are not a genuine tourist.

There is no limit to tourist visas. However you are correct in that you may be refused entry especially at airports if it appears your using TV to live in los.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Italian chap lives down the road from me with his Thai wife.

He seems to prefer Thailand to Italy or he wouldn't have retired here.

I think if you were to ask the Italian chap who lives down the road for you, the problem might be getting his Thai wife to move to Italy.  The Thais tend to have extended families which can make relocating to another country more difficult. ????

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CMNightRider said:

I think if you were to ask the Italian chap who lives down the road for you, the problem might be getting his Thai wife to move to Italy.  The Thais tend to have extended families which can make relocating to another country more difficult. ????

They lived in Italy for 10 years, she speaks perfect Italian and has citizenship, he speaks no Thai and hardly any English.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi Joe.  I am extending permission to stay retirement. I Have 50,000 Baht per month income Verification from Embassy.More than the difference in bank to reach 65,000 per month. I will have also transferred 70,000 Bht for 7 months before Extension date.This is hopefully using Combo method at Jomtien Imm. Any Problems you can see?  I Am in Canada now.Maybe just get a new O-A Retirement at Consulate here.Thanx

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, elliss said:

Cambodia is  First on my list , if gbp lows  @35 ,

i will not have the funds , to meet the reqs , after 16 years in Thailand . 

I have to go , i cant be arsed anymore.

In 16 years you didn't save any money? ...

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Nope.
 I spent and enjoyed,  what i worked for and paid taxes on , no regrets .
  Money is off little use , when you are old , and  now incapable of ?, i know 555
  Why come to Thailand , paradise, to save money,  so sad ...
    Shrouds , not have pockets .

Well i was just pointing out in the direction of the combination method if the baht goes lower.

Moving away also costs money[emoji6]

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, pork hunt said:

can you get a 90day non-o retirement on combi method for total of 400k? from savanakhet or vientiane? what do you need to show? would also like to be able to do continual visa runs on this

Vientiane , and  Savana ,  used to be easy options for any Visas. 

Those days , have now sadly gone .

PS , you would need to make an appointment for Vientiane immi . 

Unless , you use the other route ?

Good luck...

Edited by elliss

44 minutes ago, pork hunt said:

thanks ubonjoe for making it clear that Thailand is not for pork hunt. saved me the trip to Laos. I shall instead spend my meager resources at the 7-elevens in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam utilizing my no questions ask $50 for 3 months Vietnam visa. cheers.

Good info thx .  now i drink Leo in a can @ 7-11  ,  shared with my brit mates . 

PP. now  have  Makro ,  lotus and 7-11,   be there soon ..

Edited by elliss

• 2 months later...

Update.

In April I contacted our local immigration office and spoke to a Captain regarding how many payments of 65000 in a Thai bank    they would except this year. Was informed that 5 payments would be excepted for this year only. I managed to do this. My GF rang the office last week to confirm everything and guess what ? Whole new staff change over. This time they would only except 12 months. GF explained what we had been told originally. Long story short. Was told to bring all paperwork when applying for the extension.

Yesterday attended immigration. All female staff at the desks. Lady went though all paper work and said that I was short of a yearly bank statement and a letter from my Embassy ! GF then took over in Thai for 5 mins and then they both went into the back office. After another 5 mins was called into the office to meet the Head. She was also female and spoke good English. I was informed that they would honour the 5 payments this year.

Than back to fill out the forms and extension granted.

Whole process took an hour.

Gives me another year to consider my options.

All staff friendly and helpful.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, norfolkandchance said:

Update.

In April I contacted our local immigration office and spoke to a Captain regarding how many payments of 65000 in a Thai bank    they would except this year. Was informed that 5 payments would be excepted for this year only. I managed to do this. My GF rang the office last week to confirm everything and guess what ? Whole new staff change over. This time they would only except 12 months. GF explained what we had been told originally. Long story short. Was told to bring all paperwork when applying for the extension.

Yesterday attended immigration. All female staff at the desks. Lady went though all paper work and said that I was short of a yearly bank statement and a letter from my Embassy ! GF then took over in Thai for 5 mins and then they both went into the back office. After another 5 mins was called into the office to meet the Head. She was also female and spoke good English. I was informed that they would honour the 5 payments this year.

Than back to fill out the forms and extension granted.

Whole process took an hour.

Gives me another year to consider my options.

All staff friendly and helpful.

Congratulations, cobber. So glad it all worked out for you.