BANGKOK 16 June 2019 23:36
norfolkandchance

Cannot meet the requirement of 65000 or 800000. Options please

On 3/16/2019 at 3:43 PM, norfolkandchance said:

Thanks everyone for their input. Looks like Tourist Visa’s for me.

There's a limit to tourist visa per year. I think it is 2 times maximum per year.

Can anyone confirm?

Furthermore, they might not grant you the visa if they think you are not a genuine tourist.

Nowhere better than Italy, Thailand is light years behind!

• Thanks 1

Just now, norfolkandchance said:

Thanks for that. I am already a resident in Italy

Italy has some really beautiful small towns to choose from.  When I was in Italy, I was never a fan of having to pay to use the restroom or stand to drink coffee but there are no 90 day checkins, TM forms for all of your movements, and visiting immigration year after year to meet more ridicules rules and regulations.  You are very lucky 🙂

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 3/21/2019 at 3:08 AM, Jiggo said:

Just come back after a month, fake news can not get business visa from an agent only a company....tried a few agents and spoke to expats, 2 year residence costs 1500 usd, one year tourist Yanks only...

This company is offering 6 month multiple entry business visas to Vietnam.   $220USD and $95 Stamping Fee at the airport.  

This one was on the first page of a Google search, but there are many more.

The visas can be extended inside Vietnam. 

I'm sure the 1 year multiple entry business visas will be available again soon.  

https://www.myvietnamvisa.com/vietnam-visa-cost.html

Even their basic 3 month multiple entry tourist visa can be extended 3 times inside Vietnam, which is a 1 year stay.  

Edited by Leaver
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Orton Rd said:

Nowhere better than Italy, Thailand is light years behind!

Italian chap lives down the road from me with his Thai wife.

He seems to prefer Thailand to Italy or he wouldn't have retired here.

2 hours ago, EricTh said:

There's a limit to tourist visa per year. I think it is 2 times maximum per year.

Can anyone confirm?

Furthermore, they might not grant you the visa if they think you are not a genuine tourist.

There is no limit to tourist visas. However you are correct in that you may be refused entry especially at airports if it appears your using TV to live in los.

Some off topic posts and replies to them have been removed.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Italian chap lives down the road from me with his Thai wife.

He seems to prefer Thailand to Italy or he wouldn't have retired here.

I think if you were to ask the Italian chap who lives down the road for you, the problem might be getting his Thai wife to move to Italy.  The Thais tend to have extended families which can make relocating to another country more difficult. 😞

2 minutes ago, CMNightRider said:

I think if you were to ask the Italian chap who lives down the road for you, the problem might be getting his Thai wife to move to Italy.  The Thais tend to have extended families which can make relocating to another country more difficult. 😞

They lived in Italy for 10 years, she speaks perfect Italian and has citizenship, he speaks no Thai and hardly any English.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

They lived in Italy for 10 years, she speaks perfect Italian and has citizenship, he speaks no Thai and hardly any English.

Good for him then

Hi Joe.  I am extending permission to stay retirement. I Have 50,000 Baht per month income Verification from Embassy.More than the difference in bank to reach 65,000 per month. I will have also transferred 70,000 Bht for 7 months before Extension date.This is hopefully using Combo method at Jomtien Imm. Any Problems you can see?  I Am in Canada now.Maybe just get a new O-A Retirement at Consulate here.Thanx