VOA Clarification 30 days

Hi all..

If I have already stayed in Thailand  14 days this calendar year on a VOA (visa exemption- British passport) and then LEFT Thailand  , if I return again  in the next few months, do I now get 30 days again or are the previous 14 days now deducted from the 30?

In other words Is it a total of 30 days non consecutive per year?

thanks in advance !

Bill P

• Confused 1

You get a new 30 day exemption (a VOA is something different) each time you enter.

There's no official limit on how many exemptions you can have at airports but after half a dozen or so they start asking questions. 

If entering by land you are limited to two exemptions per calendar year. 

The is no limit on the number of 30 day visa exempt entries you can get. You would always get a 30 day entry no matter how many you have done.

The is only a limit of two 30 day visa exempt entries per calendar year at land border crossings.

17 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

?? "You would always get a 30 day entry no matter how many you have done"

Surely that depends on time between them. Time spent out of Thailand.

You quoted my post out of context.

26 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The is no limit on the number of 30 day visa exempt entries you can get. You would always get a 30 day entry no matter how many you have done.

11 hours ago, wakevortex said:

Thanks all...so as long as my entry is by AIR, I can get 2 or more 30 days entry with no real issue?

thats great if so..thanks a lot ????

Bill P

You get 30 days with each visa-exempt entry granted.  Immigration have no clear rules on how many they allow, of what duration and frequency, before the refuse-entry.  If you come for a week or two, go away for months, and return for a week or two, reports indicate you should be OK.  

Coming more often (closer together) and/or staying longer per-visit could lead to problems.  Unfortunately, no one can say where the "red/yellow/green line" is, because immigration at the Bangkok airports prefer to make it up as they "feel like" at that particular moment without providing anything in the way of helpful guidelines or even definitions of terms.