Video: Pattaya "very busy and exciting" as people flee the heat to go to the sea!

rooster59

Video: Pattaya "very busy and exciting" as people flee the heat to go to the sea!

1552636925475-1-696x464.jpg

Image: The Pattaya News

In an upbeat story The Pattaya News said that Pattaya and Jomtien were very busy and exciting yesterday as people were fleeing the hot weather and going to the sea. 

They said that many were Thais with their children as the school holidays continued. 

However, their video showed mostly western tourists soaking up the rays. 

Though there were some Thai adults in the shade and a few children.

Thaivisa notes that it was a matter of opinion as to whether it looked exciting.

Source: The Pattaya News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-03-16

As I was exercising along Pattaya’s beach promenade ( 4.5 kilometers all together) it was frustrating to see many locals ( NOT farang) get up from their “picnic” / social gathering of eating their papaya salad and cluelessly leaving their trash on the beach or walkway.  There are trash bins along the curb but they don’t know how to use them. Sad when you don’t care about how your community looks. 

2 hours ago, Pilotman said:

Pattaya is a dump of a City, the beach a trash heap and the water a sewage outlet. If you go there for your 'excitement' and to get away from the heat, you are a sad individual indeed. 

many of these types of weird comments are from people who have never been to pattaya ???

i think YOU are the 'sad' individual. many people love pattaya, visit several times a year, or even live here, for many yrs..

i hope you enjoy your miserable life....

8 minutes ago, murraynz said:

many of these types of weird comments are from people who have never been to pattaya ???

i think YOU are the 'sad' individual. many people love pattaya, visit several times a year, or even live here, for many yrs..

i hope you enjoy your miserable life....

bad luck for them I say.  I live 60km from Pattaya and that is just about as close as I ever want to get. 

3 hours ago, Pilotman said:

Pattaya is a dump of a City, the beach a trash heap and the water a sewage outlet. If you go there for your 'excitement' and to get away from the heat, you are a sad individual indeed. 

Some people have very low standards when it come to exciting, a few past sell by date hookers on beach road is exciting to some.

My wife & I do think as the sun sets behind Pattaya Bay, it is beautiful to look at with the islands in the distance and the reflection of the city lights along the shoreline. Having a drink at one of the roof top bars makes it better yet. ( We choose not to swim in it.)

5 hours ago, Pilotman said:

Who appointed you the judge of what is sad and what is not?  I always had a lot of fun in Pattaya and it was a ray of sunshine after living in the smokey denizens of CM.  Many of the wealthiest people in Thailand (you know who) lives in Pattaya. The hotels are first class as is the food and have been for the past 20 years.  Pattaya would not have that many beautiful places if people were not willing to pay for them.  Pattaya is like Bangkok and Cm without all the smoke and snobs.

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

So you don't know Pattaya very well I guess.

Know it very well. So it isn't the sleaziest City in Asia?  It has a fine clean beach, not ruined 5 days a week with tatty and old deck chairs and umbrellas?  Raw sewage is not pumped into the sea then, which is Crystal clear?  The roads don't flood in the rains ,  pouring garbage out of the drains and onto the streets? The hundreds of coaches don't clog the streets with their idiotic driving and exhaust emissions?  No crooks, chancers and fraudsters there then?  No low life visitors at all? 

Oh yes, I know Pattaya very well indeed. 

6 hours ago, Pilotman said:

Can't vouch for the water but the beach is not a trash heap.

beach.jpg

2 minutes ago, newnative said:

Can't vouch for the water but the beach is not a trash heap.

beach.jpg

ha, try walking on it bare feet at any time, or after a high tide. A lot of things look good at a distance. 

I visited Pattaya by chance, did Hua Hin for a bit, then took a trip across the bay. I didn't expect to like it because I've no interest in hookers or alcohol. But I'm an open minded guy so thought I'd check it out.

It was actually a lot more fun than I anticipated. Love the 10 baht bus deal. Love the 120 baht bus to/from BKK.

The beach scene at night reminded me of an adult-only version of a Grateful Dead shakedown street.

The city is vibrant. The Thai folks were freindly, playful, polite and fun as usual. Food was cheap enough, lodging dirt cheap.

Sleeping at night wasn't easy but due to obnoxious drunk falang of course.

The beach is indeed a hot mess that I wouldn't consider getting in, but Jomtien beach, just 10 bahts away, was rather nice, way less hectic and polluted, and much more my speed.

I think the key here is different strokes for different folks, and looking at the world for the good rather than the not so much. There's lots of good everywhere. Especially in Thailand.

I now view the area as a totally cheap easy respite from Bangkok, and next time I'd take that local train back up for a new perspective, 30 baht to Bangkok! ????

4 hours ago, murraynz said:
7 hours ago, Pilotman said:

i hope you enjoy your miserable life

Sorry he is right Mr pilotman 

yes I live here over 15 years now and I not find this city so exciting anymore 

Water is polluting,  garbish every where Thai people is more angry in traffic you never know what going to happen when you are on the roads 

Thai people burning garbish every where too 

This was a paradise long time ago 

Now just a overrun of Chinese tourists in busses and air pollution is a killer, why I still here??  I really don't know but one answer could be my wife and our life but yes we had talk about leaving to another country 

But Pattaya /jomtien is not was it was as before 

P. S and i not saying anything about the nice soi dogs..... Noisy bike's...

Music on beach 

Archived