Video: Pattaya "very busy and exciting" as people flee the heat to go to the sea!

rooster59

35 minutes ago, hyku1147 said:

The beach looks like an old folks home. In-fact, after multiple exposures to grannies wearing one piece bathing suits, I sunk into a deep depression; however, I was restored to sanity after a great big invisible hand reached out from soi 6 - and pulled me to safety.????

Soi 6 is just full of brothels

1 hour ago, Orton Rd said:

Soi 6 is just full of brothels

Have a beer and relax and watch the comings and goings on the soi.  What do you do when you go to a bar watch some guys in short shorts run around hugging each other when they kick a ball in a net?  And when they get real excited they all jump up and down and take their shirts off.  Or American guys watch big guys do little dances after running over a line at the end of the field.  Maybe that's your idea of fun but I'd rather watch the action on soi six.  Below is a group of fellows taking a break from posting about visiting the local temples and other cultural interests. 

s6.jpg

11 hours ago, Pilotman said:

Pattaya is a dump of a City, the beach a trash heap and the water a sewage outlet. If you go there for your 'excitement' and to get away from the heat, you are a sad individual indeed. 

I'd rather fly 5 or 6 hours to Western Australia for a nice beach...miles of white sand and basically no one one it. 

The beach looks almost empty to me. Not surprising withe the sewage water and all the garbage floating in the water. Wouldn't waste my time and money. Thailand is not the place to be any more. Immigration headaches, filthy beaches, food now expensive, and loaded with free pesticides. Air polluted, traffic terrible, chance of getting killed on the roads 90%. Getting bit by packs of rabid dogs.

So please tell me what is good about this place?

Know it very well. So it isn't the sleaziest City in Asia?  It has a fine clean beach, not ruined 5 days a week with tatty and old deck chairs and umbrellas?  Raw sewage is not pumped into the sea then, which is Crystal clear?  The roads don't flood in the rains ,  pouring garbage out of the drains and onto the streets? The hundreds of coaches don't clog the streets with their idiotic driving and exhaust emissions?  No crooks, chancers and fraudsters there then?  No low life visitors at all? 

Oh yes, I know Pattaya very well indeed. 

As I always say, Pattaya is like surfing through your cable TV channels - you pick and choose what you want. For me, Pattaya is great for shopping, has an assortment of various ethnic cuisines, cinemas, fitness centers, 4-5 star hotels and close to BKK. Not as expensive as Phuket and it is friendlier.
The ones who focus on only the sleaze probably have only seen this part of Pattaya- not the other parts of the city( btw I have not been to Walking Street for years. )

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

13 hours ago, Pilotman said:

Know it very well. So it isn't the sleaziest City in Asia?  It has a fine clean beach, not ruined 5 days a week with tatty and old deck chairs and umbrellas?  Raw sewage is not pumped into the sea then, which is Crystal clear?  The roads don't flood in the rains ,  pouring garbage out of the drains and onto the streets? The hundreds of coaches don't clog the streets with their idiotic driving and exhaust emissions?  No crooks, chancers and fraudsters there then?  No low life visitors at all? 

Oh yes, I know Pattaya very well indeed. 

You said you lived 60km away and had no desire to be any closer. That could be Chonburi City which really is a shit hole. 

The Beach at Pattaya has been worked on and at the moment looks pretty good. Deck chairs are limited to the North End and it is a clear expanse of sand.

Raw sewage, there is a trickle of it again at the North End. 

Many people live here and come for a holiday, and the nightlife is good. 

It's a bit of a dump, yes, but most Thai towns are, traffic is bad, agreed, but that is because of all the tourists. I find it better to live a little out of town, not as far as you though. 

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

You said you lived 60km away and had no desire to be any closer. That could be Chonburi City which really is a shit hole. 

The Beach at Pattaya has been worked on and at the moment looks pretty good. Deck chairs are limited to the North End and it is a clear expanse of sand.

It's a bit of a dump, yes, but most Thai towns are, traffic is bad, agreed, but that is because of all the tourists. I find it better to live a little out of town, not as far as you though. 

Other way mate, toward Rayong. 

Just now, jacko45k said:

Lovely view of the refinery?

And is the traffic any better, lots of HGVs replacing the tourist coaches?

Not near me.  Imagine turning left off the Ban Chang road to Rayong and going along the minor roads there for 10km or so,  that's us.  It's a delightful area, and for some reason best known to the locals, the villages all around are full of colour from well tended surrounds.  It's a well forrested area too. Never see a coach, or a taxi, or a Baht bus. very few HGVs venture down these roads. Come see for yourself one day. 

7 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Pattaya is a dump particularly when touted as a "resort or beach or getaway" town.  Get away from what?  Clean air, clean water, safe traffic... yeah it's get away from that alright lol.

4 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

Not near me.  Imagine turning left off the Ban Chang road to Rayong and going along the minor roads there for 10km or so,  that's us.  It's a delightful area, and for some reason best known to the locals, the villages all around are full of colour from well tended surrounds.  It's a well forrested area too. Never see a coach, or a taxi, or a Baht bus. very few HGVs venture down these roads. Come see for yourself one day. 

I am near the other end of Hwy 36. Darn it is busy with Rayong traffic, and the road is being widened!

1 minute ago, jacko45k said:

I am near the other end of Hwy 36. Darn it is busy with Rayong traffic, and the road is being widened!

God I hate that road.  Right now it's a nightmare between Rayong and the 331 to Sattahip as they complete the work and very dangerous. I avoid it like the plague 

7 minutes ago, losworld said:

Pattaya is a dump particularly when touted as a "resort or beach or getaway" town.  Get away from what?  Clean air, clean water, safe traffic... yeah it's get away from that alright lol.

I am betting Pattaya will get along fine without you. 

Just now, Pilotman said:

God I hate that road.  Right now it's a nightmare between Rayong and the 331 to Sattahip as they complete the work and very dangerous. I avoid it like the plague 

It is a mess at this end too. Many smaller roads are blocked off and some death traps hiding in the dark, way to my house blocked off. It will be at least 8 lanes when done. Hwy 36 has always been awful. I stayed many times at Tamnanpar resort that way, nice beaches nearby, but never enjoyed the drive!

6 hours ago, cookieqw said:

the blue umbrella part is private if you could pan to the right you would see exposed sandbags

No the sandbag jetty has now been totally covered with breakwater rocks, the sandbags there will not be seen again. Actually it is a good work there. The rest of the beach all the way down does look pretty good. But this winter for some reason had no significant Northerly winds, waves, currents. So the beach closest to water has not been tested at all. 

Archived