Visa Money Interest/Investment Earning Options

Hi,

What will Thai immigration accept for “in the bank” for the visa money stash? Are there broker accounts available? Are there CDs? Any options?

I’ve seen a few posts that lead me to believe some have discovered significant interest bearing alternatives for visa money besides standard saving account. I’d love to hear what you do with your visa money.

Thanks

FatVern

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

The only options I know are regular savings accounts, foreign currency accounts and fixed deposit accounts (similar to CDs in some countries). I don't know of any other investment vehicles that would qualify for Thai immigration. Others on the forum may know more...

Edited by JohnnyBD
  • Sad 1

• 1 month later...
On 3/16/2019 at 10:08 AM, JohnnyBD said:

The only options I know are regular savings accounts, foreign currency accounts and fixed deposit accounts (similar to CDs in some countries). I don't know of any other investment vehicles that would qualify for Thai immigration. Others on the forum may know more...

Thanks

I think your money have to be available NOW ... so it is a super low interest bank account so thai banks can profit from your deposit and giving almost nothing back for the service of you loaning them free money they can by law,  re-loan to other x 10 what you deposited ...  so they can loan poor thais up to 4.000.000 baht with your 400.000 baht deposit .... money created out of nothing, well, your deposit

I think your money have to be available NOW ... so it is a super low interest bank account so thai banks can profit from your deposit and giving almost nothing back for the service of you loaning them free money they can by law,  re-loan to other x 10 what you deposited ...  so they can loan poor thais up to 4.000.000 baht with your 400.000 baht deposit .... money created out of nothing, well, your deposit

I would agree but I’ve seen posts on Facebook (search fails me now) that suggest others have found significant interest bearing alternatives....

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app