Does the 10 baht a month sim extension still work ?

oldcarguy

Hi , just wondering if the 10 baht a month top-up that you do at 7-11 still works ?

I forgot to extend my sim expiration last year and now it's dead ,

So I wanted next time to extend it a year or so with the 10 baht top-up.

Does this work with AIS, DTAC and TRUE prepaid sims ?

Thanks for your advise

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Do you guys know if you have to make a call or write a text during that time to keep it alive? What is the maximum time? 12 months? I have AIS and I need to topup for a new flat anyway and plan to do the first 100 baht in little steps to extend the validity so the card is maybe still alive for my vacation next year.

1 hour ago, deux said:

Do you guys know if you have to make a call or write a text during that time to keep it alive? What is the maximum time? 12 months? I have AIS and I need to topup for a new flat anyway and plan to do the first 100 baht in little steps to extend the validity so the card is maybe still alive for my vacation next year.

No. As long as the validity is up to date, you need do nothing more.

Just do the 12 baht top ups outside convenience stores or twenty baht machines at AIS or online banking if you have it. Extend to 365 days.

2 hours ago, JamJar said:

It's 12 baht.

For AIS:

different vending machines swallow 2 or 3 Baht as a fee for a 10 Baht top-up (so 12 or 13 Baht).

So not possible like in the past where there was no fee.

At AIS service centers they have machines where you can top-up 20 Baht with no fee resulting in one more month validity of the credit (up to 12 months).

Normally I top-up via internet banking where the minimum is 50 Baht (Bangkok Bank).

For AIS top-up at 7/11 is not possible anymore (since long).

11 hours ago, oldcarguy said:

that you do at 7-11

On 3/17/2019 at 12:24 AM, oldcarguy said:

Hi , just wondering if the 10 baht a month top-up that you do at 7-11 still works ?

Yes.

I forgot to extend my sim expiration last year and now it's dead ,

You may be able to revive it or ask someone to top it up for you. Often there is a grace period.

Does this work with AIS, DTAC and TRUE prepaid sims ?

Yes.

On 3/17/2019 at 10:08 AM, deux said:

Do you guys know if you have to make a call or write a text during that time to keep it alive? What is the maximum time? 12 months?

There may be a 90 usage requirement (top-up, outbound call) but this is rarely enforced. As we get closer to running out of numbers this may change?

IME, the maximum expiry is 366 days.

At a Boonterm machine (orange kiosk) any top-up below 100 baht incurs a fee. So twelve individual 10-baht top-up costs 144 baht and yields 120 baht credit.

Enable international roaming before leaving. Turn off mobile data with the operator. Install the mobile app, and familiarize yourself with its usage, and the web-tools.

edited to add: TrueMove H and DTAC offer the capability to buy extended expiry via IVR or USSD, again at 2 baht/30 days, with some rules. 

Went to AIS shop in Terminal 21 , 7th floor ,
You can top up for 20baht a month on the payment terminal out in front ,
But you need to do it one at a time and the terminal does not remember your phone number so you need to input for each 20 baht topup.
So I did that too many times and now it's good until next year.
They were not able to topup on the service tablets they carry around.
Not so bad and the people were nice and good English , they have 2 lines , on for Thai speakers and one for English speakers.
There may be cheaper ways , but since it's a topup all the money goes in your account which you will need to do anyway.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Archived