DTAC Stealing Minutes Again From My Phone???

miketu

Why has DTAC as of 14 MARCH decided to charge my mobile phone account 2.14 baht every 2 minutes for "Internet 3G Time Base"  service whatever that is?????  I checked dtac and found no games illegally attached to my account like last November, only the

Internet 3G Time Base con.

I had 390 baht on my phone last time I checked several days ago - made no phone calls and used no internet and today I checked and I had 0.00 baht???!!!

What is Internet 3G Time Base???  and why does dtac have to steal 2.14 baht from my account every  2 minutes???

Any thoughts appreciated!  Thanks!

Mike

Nothing to do with DTAC, as it can happen on any network.

You have data switched on, but no data package and your default data package is charged at 1 baht per minute(plus VAT).

To prevent this, subscribe to the Plearn package, which gives you an 'always on' data package of 64 kbps for twelve months, at a total cost of 30 baht.

In fact, the package lasts forever, but after the twelve month period, one needs to top up with at least 10 baht per month.

To subscribe, tap in; *103*55# and then press the Dial key.

This way, if you have data switched on you mobile, but without a data package, you won't have any data charges.

http://www.dtac.co.th/en/prepaid/products/sim-go-plearn.html

You can still subscribe to faster data packages as and when, but when they expire, the 64kbps connection will take over and prevent any data charges. 

To elaborate on what I wrote earlier, each month you use a minimum of ten baht, it extends the free Internet to 365 days in advance;

1. Calls to all networks at 0.69 baht per minute (excluding VAT) all through the 24 hours period (Fractions of a minute are calculated as one minute.).
  2. SMS message sent at 3 baht per phone number and an MMS message at 3 baht per phone number.
  3. Free internet with data a usage limit for 12 months on condition that users must have the remaining balance of more than 0 baht in the system and the remaining active days of at least 1 day
  4. As for the free internet with a data usage limit for 12 months non-stop in No. 3, users must reach the normal usage at a minimum of 10 baht per month (as per the calendar cycle). The system will automatically extend the time for the free internet with a data usage limit for another 365 days as of the date the user meets our conditions of usage. (This entitlement is granted 1 time a month.)

Archived