Thai non o visa Vientiane booking

Tried this Vientiane booking system. Slightly alarmed as:

If you have no middle name you cannot get past the sign up.

The booking system seems to have 0 slots available on any day between 20th march until 4th April.

I checked each weekday between those dates. Zero slots available.

I requested non immigrant visa which I believe is the same as non O. Seemed like the only choice of three that applied to my need.

What is more alarming is the lack of reports on here from users. I am having trouble believing this system is so widely publicised and all travellers to Vientiane are aware of this.

Surely this system is not operational and the old system still applies?

The system is in operation. Reports are that, without a booking and queue number, you will not be allowed inside the consulate. I think you will need to find an alternative if you need to do your application between the dates you specify. There is a particular reported problem now that existing bookings cannot be cancelled. Thus, while in the past repeatedly checking for released slots might get you a slot, there is now no possibility of this (unless, perhaps, someone calls the consulate to report that they cannot make their application and request cancellation, presumably rare if it happens at all).

2 minutes ago, BritTim said:

The system is in operation. Reports are that, without a booking and queue number, you will not be allowed inside the consulate. I think you will need to find an alternative if you need to do your application between the dates you specify. There is a particular reported problem now that existing bookings cannot be cancelled. Thus, while in the past repeatedly checking for released slots might get you a slot, there is now no possibility of this (unless, perhaps, someone calls the consulate to report that they cannot make their application and request cancellation, presumably rare if it happens at all).

What reports are they? I cannot see any reports indicating this.

Its been reported that there are only 250 slots available per day to book , previously on somedays at Vientiane there were 600 people getting visas , usually around the 400 mark , which would explain why they are fully booked

we check every day and all people are aware that a major problem has been the fake bookings. I do not know if this is ongoing. Problem is also that communication is difficult as "[email protected] is not reachable. In the beginning the Embassy thought is was us agencies that do that, but now they realize that must be an outsider. Last week THREE companies from Pattaya, which are fierce competitors, came together to Vientiane in one van. 

While the system is working as designed we should see improvement soon. Embassy was also busy with pre-election and we believe that they work on a solution on how to clear these fake bookings.

In the meantime we also get enquiries that people out of desperation booked any date available, one guy from Maldive called and asking for help, his visa expire 19th March and he booked 2nd April as no other slot, we tried to tell him to go to another Consulate or get a new visa on arrival. Now he is afraid that, if he not go on 2nd April that he will be blacklisted from entering Thailand. Because once booked you can not cancel or change booking.

To answer your question re the middle name, just hit the space function and jump to the Family name.

IMG-8127.JPG

6 hours ago, sanemax said:

Its been reported that there are only 250 slots available per day to book , previously on somedays at Vientiane there were 600 people getting visas , usually around the 400 mark , which would explain why they are fully booked

Yes, that is the logic, but as pointed out in my other reply the system is still full with many fake bookings which not yet cleared. Also some people would like to change the bookings but can not. 

1 hour ago, Rc2702 said:

Just seems weird that there is not an influx of bad experiences being detailed online by people unaware of the change being rejected.

Many people using Vientiane for visa runs use visa run companies. Those doing so will have been informed of the rules by the company, and in many cases assisted by the company in getting a reserved slot. Also, at least until a few days ago, it was possible to purchase a queue ticket from touts outside the consulate.

17 minutes ago, BritTim said:

Many people using Vientiane for visa runs use visa run companies. Those doing so will have been informed of the rules by the company, and in many cases assisted by the company in getting a reserved slot. Also, at least until a few days ago, it was possible to purchase a queue ticket from touts outside the consulate.

Very odd. Still concerned with the lack of real info. 

8 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Nah I think Vientiane is open for biz as usual.

Not without an appointment. People have been turned away for not having an appointment.

There has been at least one topic about it.

16 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Not without an appointment. People have been turned away for not having an appointment.

There has been at least one topic about it.

1 topic don't cut it UJ as sanemax says even if the booking slots were full that would leave over 25% of daily arrivals in Vientiane in uproar. The lack of feedback on all platforms suggests something is amiss.

1 minute ago, Rc2702 said:

1 topic don't cut it UJ as sanemax says even if the booking slots were full that would leave over 25% of daily arrivals in Vientiane in uproar. The lack of feedback on all platforms suggests something is amiss.

I think a large number of people applying there use a visa run company to get there. The companies made sure people had appointments before the started the trip.

It was mentioned there were some tauts offering appointments which has caused problems this month with getting appointments. They have changed the system since then.

31 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Nah I think Vientiane is open for biz as usual.

If people went to Vientiane to get a visa and were unable to, because of the online appointment requirements , the probably just got on a bus to Savanakhet to get a visa , hence theres been no uproar from people being stranded in Vientianne/Laos 

3 minutes ago, sanemax said:

If people went to Vientiane to get a visa and were unable to, because of the online appointment requirements , the probably just got on a bus to Savanakhet to get a visa , hence theres been no uproar from people being stranded in Vientianne/Laos 

It's worth checking out than listening to 3rd hand opinions

2 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

It's worth checking out than listening to 3rd hand opinions

Well, the visa run companies are not taking those without bookings. I would expect them to know the current situation, and unlikely to unnecessarily turn away customers. However, if you want to ignore the official announcements, and a couple of first hand reports on here, assuming the visa run companies are idiots, then that is up to you.