BANGKOK
Elkski

I worry daughter is to generous to Mom and family.

Posted (edited)
On 3/17/2019 at 9:34 AM, watcharacters said:

555     You forgot the R at the end of true which changes the post to mean basically the opposite of what you meant, I believe.    

I nevertheless don't agree with your totally negative post.   Showing some generosity and giving some help doesn't necessarily translate to being "bled dry", IMHO.

And I was always told to NEVER say NEVER..    555

My spelling is wrotten but yes thats what i meant.

I do have a very negative view with what I've experienced myself and friends have over the past few years.

"The family" dont give two shiets about the Foreigner, my case they dont even care about their own cousins, nephews...my kids...and have robbed them blind of their future with no help or assistance in anyway whatsoever, and thats not just money...I dont really know any foreigner that is happy with his wife/gf...and that's a lot of couples. Even the ones think their tirak is different, I've seen the mark up the wife does on building work or car repairs...seriously, the OP will never change his wife and better put up with it or get out now.

On a side note....my kids are viewed as future potential income and I view the "Thai family" no better than the grooming gangs of Rotheram and Bradford. There is a very dark underbelly prevailant in Thailand that revolves solely around money....very sad but also very true.

Edited by baansgr
  • Like 2

OP, you're an accountant by trade, yes?

regards

retired accountant

On 3/17/2019 at 9:20 AM, Pravda said:

I am seriously thinking about splitting with my Thai wife and dating many of the beautiful Chinese women visiting or living in Bangkok.

Relocating to China would not be an issue. At least air quality seems to be better.

Where are they hiding? 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Lady age 41 ,   time  to review  your situation .  Try Pattaya. 555

Edited by elliss
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, baansgr said:

I do have a very negative view with what I've experienced myself and friends have over the past few years.

"The family" dont give two shiets about the Foreigner, my case they dont even care about their own cousins, nephews...my kids...and have robbed them blind of their future with no help or assistance in anyway whatsoever, and thats not just money...I dont really know any foreigner that is happy with his wife/gf...and that's a lot of couples. Even the ones think their tirak is different, I've seen the mark up the wife does on building work or car repairs...seriously, the OP will never change his wife and better put up with it or get out now.

On a side note....my kids are viewed as future potential income and I view the "Thai family" no better than the grooming gangs of Rotheram and Bradford. There is a very dark underbelly prevailant in Thailand that revolves solely around money....very sad but also very true.

That must be the saddest outlook I have ever read on here. I genuinely feel sorry for you.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Baansgr,. Your input is appreciated.  I have read several cases of markups pricing by the Thai gf or wife being reported.  I have seen first hand two foreigner built mansions with the gossip that she entertains many men while the husband is back In his home country working.  the real telling part of this story is that the woman I was with told me this story while her smart college daughter who can understand English was in the backseat.  So this is something that a Thai woman of good standing and education is willing to talk about in front of her daughter as if it's acceptable or even wonderful successful behavior on the part of Thailand.  I had this feeling at that time that it's Thailand against the enemy and money is what we want. 

By the way there are theses spell checking features that you can turn on, on your phone,   I don't know how to turn them on but they seem to always be on my phones and computers.  Aother really cool feature of modern technology that I use is Google voice where I talk into my phone and it types all these words just like this last sentence. I think you have to speak English clearly but it works very well for me,  

I once read a story of a foreigner building a house with his new wife. He was still working in his country but they bought a lot in the village and were building a house together.  He was going to be very cautious to make sure the progress kept up with his payments so he had his girlfriend send pictures of each delivery of the supplies and the progress of the house. He was not able to return until the house was complete. Finally he was able to retire and was coming to see their new house.  His wife seemed to have stopped communicating with him. He finally takes a taxi and drives up to his lot and there was no house.  It turns out that his wife had built this house on her boyfriend's lot a few blocks away. 

The many stories like this one and  your stories has me at high alert in my dealings with Thai women.

Edited by Elkski

I think it needs to be pointed out that "free hospital care" for thais is not always free.  I dated a gal who was a very well known and respected anesthesiologist at a very good thai public hospital.  Her brother hurt himself in a motorbike accident and broke a finger requiring some surgery.  The brother did not get 30 baht insurance and the family had to pay thousands.  I asked her and she said 30 baht not the case.

• Confused 1

14 minutes ago, tlandtday said:

I think it needs to be pointed out that "free hospital care" for thais is not always free.  I dated a gal who was a very well known and respected anesthesiologist at a very good thai public hospital.  Her brother hurt himself in a motorbike accident and broke a finger requiring some surgery.  The brother did not get 30 baht insurance and the family had to pay thousands.  I asked her and she said 30 baht not the case.

It's always free, unless the person is really stupid, or really rich.

On 3/18/2019 at 10:06 AM, baansgr said:

You're mostly right.

1 hour ago, tlandtday said:

If it was a motorcycle accident and his "Por Ror Bor" was up to date then he would not need to pay anything.

41 yo from Isaan and been on her own for a long time- if it were me I would bail

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, isaanjohnno said:

41 yo from Isaan and been on her own for a long time- if it were me I would bail

Good idea.

Some personal attack posts have been removed. 

A post containing an unknown acronym has been removed.