Controversial Australian lawmaker 'egged' after comments on New Zealand mass shooting

rooster59

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, RJRS1301 said:

Are we also going to hold the thugs who tackled and kicked him and did neckhold retrain with using unreasonable force ??

Hardly unreasonable. They weren't even professionals, but they did an exceptionally professional job of neutralizing the threat and detaining him till police arrived on the scene. Go back and watch footage of the Reagan Assassination attempt- Hinckley was detained in almost identical fashion. 

On ‎3‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 1:18 AM, simple1 said:

Yep. The hypocrisy from the right of centre is breathtaking.

The hypocrisy, is you guys saying there should be freedom of speech, but can't handle when someone has a different opinion. They should prosecute the kid for assault.

The kid wasn't looking too cool, when the old guy bitch slapped him.

16 hours ago, Thainesss said:

Wars were fought and millions have died for people to have the right to express their opinions, and it used to be a fundamental cornerstone of western ideals. 

Now apparently it was all for nothing. 

Well as Nazi sentiment is back on the rise , it appears so.

It really is incredible that certain posters here are somehow equating the mass murder of innocent people , with freedom of speech or expression.

Call me an old cynic but somehow I doubt these same people will trott out such garbage following the next Islamic terrorist outrage.

Cherry picking terrorists is an absolute pointer to ones bigotry , hypocrisy and yes stupidity.

11 hours ago, Don Chance said:

Mass immigration and globalization are causing so much problems all over the world.

You can see many Thais are not too happy about the farang invasion either. Not justifing what that psychopath did but ask yourself if communities and culture were still intact as 100 years ago would we so many terror attacks?

How many expats would be at home now if their country's were not over run immigrants and housing or inflation were not so high?

Depends if the 18 year old local girls would sleep with them !

7 hours ago, beechguy said:

The hypocrisy, is you guys saying there should be freedom of speech, but can't handle when someone has a different opinion. They should prosecute the kid for assault.

The kid wasn't looking too cool, when the old guy bitch slapped him.

It is well acknowledged the Right constantly pushes for the 'right' for hate speech, yet forever attacks free speech when opinion does not represent their ideology; therein lies the hypocrisy. However, how long will it take for the 'right of centre' to finally understand that 'hate speech' does not, nor should not be the equivalent for 'free speech'.

31 minutes ago, simple1 said:

It is well acknowledged the Right constantly pushes for the 'right' for hate speech, yet forever attacks free speech with opinion not representing their ideology; therein lies the hypocrisy. However, how long will it take for the 'right of centre' to finally understand that 'hate speech' does not, nor should be the equivalent for 'free speech'.

Whilst I agree with your main points I would be careful about using "right of centre" as a blanket term.

There are probably many conservatives who are right of centre (it's a centuries old tradition) but are not right wing extremists.Conservatism as a whole,dos not conflate "freedom of speech" with "hate speech"

Of course we should also take into account that the Americon political lexicon is much different from ours.

1 minute ago, Odysseus123 said:

Whilst I agree with your main points I would be careful about using "right of centre" as a blanket term.

There are probably many conservatives who are right of centre (it's a centuries old tradition) but are not right wing extremists.Conservatism as a whole,dos not conflate "freedom of speech" with "hate speech"

Of course we should also take into account that the Americon political lexicon is much different from ours.

take your point, though previously attacked for saying 'far right, extreme right' - LOL

1 hour ago, simple1 said:

It is well acknowledged the Right constantly pushes for the 'right' for hate speech, yet forever attacks free speech when opinion does not represent their ideology; therein lies the hypocrisy. However, how long will it take for the 'right of centre' to finally understand that 'hate speech' does not, nor should not be the equivalent for 'free speech'.

For people like you, any disagreement is hate speech.

7 minutes ago, beechguy said:

For people like you, any disagreement is hate speech.

Deflection & incorrect. There are currently legal definitions as well as likely new definitions to be legislated in light of events in Christchurch and elsewhere to take into account violent far right ideology

3 hours ago, simple1 said:

take your point, though previously attacked for saying 'far right, extreme right' - LOL

I know..I know..

Which is why i end to the use the term "radical right parrots"

One of the best moments of Conservatism in the U.S was when John McCain gently corrected the audience in their hate speech and pathological lying about Barack Obama.

if that was my son he would be getting a proper bloody slap when he got home.  It is never ok to assault someone if you don't agree with their opinions.  A right little piece of work he is and a lot can be said about the parents who raised the thing.

15 minutes ago, wendyfromoz said:

if that was my son he would be getting a proper bloody slap when he got home.  It is never ok to assault someone if you don't agree with their opinions.  A right little piece of work he is and a lot can be said about the parents who raised the thing.

Doesn't sound like Australian speech to me..

Sounds more like the Eastenders meets the internet..

"a right little piece of work" was last recorded in 1881 (Macquarie Dic.27th Edition) near Glenrowan and glowingly refers to Ned Kelly's bush blacksmithing skills.

20 hours ago, simple1 said:

VIC Police

No they didn't.  He is being interviewed this afternoon (Tuesday)  he probably be charged with unlawful assault, a summary offence.  The matter will then probably be proven and dismissed in court. no conviction.  The judicial system has to run its course.  if Senator Anning makes a statement of no complaint then he wont be charged.

4 hours ago, Odysseus123 said:

Exactly.  I would classify myself as moderately to the right of centre, and have the same disdain and disgust for right wing extremists as I do for left wing ones.  If someone points to the ugliness (for want of a better term) of the far right, I would agree with them, and not say but, but, the far left! 

The flurry of bigots on here who rushed to excuse this mass murderer - some by posting rubbish stating he was actually an extreme leftist, and who defend the far right whenever a post attacks it, quite openly display their own position.  And it's not a particularly savoury one.  The correct response to this atrocity is not to (falsely) say "it's okay, he was really a lefty", or "but, look at what other people in some other country, who also pray in mosques, have done".  The correct response is condemnation and rejection of this person and the ideals that made him do such a thing.  It doesn't matter what side of the political spectrum he was, what colour he was, what religion he was.  He could have had a copy of Mein Kampf in one pocket, Mao's Little red book in the other, a Pol Pot hat on his head, a catholic priests collar, and wearing a Che Guevara T shirt under orange robes - it wouldn't make any difference to the correct response.  It was a disgustingly cowardly attack on innocent human beings.  And I would say, and have said, the same about terror attacks conducted by any other religious / nationalist / skin coloured group.

I always thought an egging was actually throwing the egg. Holding the egg in your hand and smashing it into the back of someone's head is a violent assault, sometimes known as a rabbit punch, king hit or more often recently lamented as a one punch when someone dies as a result. And roundly condemned by everyone especially the police. Now they are going to let this guy off and of course the loony left is idolising him funding him, whatever. Somewhat similar to when the druggo headbutted Tony Abbott, the left wing would be outraged if it happened to them but they praise it. Similarly any speech they don't agree with is hate speech, in fact anything they do not agree with is incorrect.

As far as Fraser Anning goes he will be fish and chip paper come this election and good riddance. And lastly as far as the mass shooting goes I will be waiting for all the facts to come out before thinking anything other than complete revulsion. Those facts may not all come out given the NSW police blundering around in Northern NSW and Ardern responding to Trump's enquiry about whether the US could help, when she should have said yes please, full resources of American intelligence thanks, instead she says could you love the muslims more, noble but starry eyed when pragmatism was necessary.

1 hour ago, wendyfromoz said:

No they didn't.  He is being interviewed this afternoon (Tuesday)  he probably be charged with unlawful assault, a summary offence.  The matter will then probably be proven and dismissed in court. no conviction.  The judicial system has to run its course.  if Senator Anning makes a statement of no complaint then he wont be charged.

OK. Previously reported claimed no charges by VIC Police, so must have changed their mind for some reason

8 hours ago, ballpoint said:

Exactly.  I would classify myself as moderately to the right of centre, and have the same disdain and disgust for right wing extremists as I do for left wing ones.  If someone points to the ugliness (for want of a better term) of the far right, I would agree with them, and not say but, but, the far left! 

The flurry of bigots on here who rushed to excuse this mass murderer - some by posting rubbish stating he was actually an extreme leftist, and who defend the far right whenever a post attacks it, quite openly display their own position.  And it's not a particularly savoury one.  The correct response to this atrocity is not to (falsely) say "it's okay, he was really a lefty", or "but, look at what other people in some other country, who also pray in mosques, have done".  The correct response is condemnation and rejection of this person and the ideals that made him do such a thing.  It doesn't matter what side of the political spectrum he was, what colour he was, what religion he was.  He could have had a copy of Mein Kampf in one pocket, Mao's Little red book in the other, a Pol Pot hat on his head, a catholic priests collar, and wearing a Che Guevara T shirt under orange robes - it wouldn't make any difference to the correct response.  It was a disgustingly cowardly attack on innocent human beings.  And I would say, and have said, the same about terror attacks conducted by any other religious / nationalist / skin coloured group.

Interesting that the knuckle draggers always bang on about MSM and how the press doesn't report whatever their deflection de jour is. Saw this video recently outlining how their some of their favourite reads (I use the word 'read' loosely) looks covers massacres like this:

8 hours ago, wendyfromoz said:

He's lucky this happened in Australia. In the USA assaulting someone over the age of 65 is a special kind of felony with enhanced punishments. Hopefully the roughing up he got from security taught him a lesson because it looks like Aussie "justice" sure isn't. 

8 hours ago, Bluetongue said:

I always thought an egging was actually throwing the egg. Holding the egg in your hand and smashing it into the back of someone's head is a violent assault, sometimes known as a rabbit punch, king hit or more often recently lamented as a one punch when someone dies as a result. And roundly condemned by everyone especially the police. Now they are going to let this guy off and of course the loony left is idolising him funding him, whatever. Somewhat similar to when the druggo headbutted Tony Abbott, the left wing would be outraged if it happened to them but they praise it. Similarly any speech they don't agree with is hate speech, in fact anything they do not agree with is incorrect.

As far as Fraser Anning goes he will be fish and chip paper come this election and good riddance. And lastly as far as the mass shooting goes I will be waiting for all the facts to come out before thinking anything other than complete revulsion. Those facts may not all come out given the NSW police blundering around in Northern NSW and Ardern responding to Trump's enquiry about whether the US could help, when she should have said yes please, full resources of American intelligence thanks, instead she says could you love the muslims more, noble but starry eyed when pragmatism was necessary.

NZ are part of the 5 eyes network. They are already plugged into the full resources. 

Archived