Mobile Wifi Router

5 hours ago, Pilotman said:

we bought a 'D' Link at Tech City (3,500 Baht) that works with a AIS SIM.  600 Bhat per month for the sim and gives us unlimited download and high speed.  never regretted it. We do our internet stuff off it, including streaming movies and of course, it fits in the pocket so goes everywhere with us. Great bit of kit. . 

Can you please mention the 'D' Link model?

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, marcusarelus said:

I have 4 cams that watch over my property and I access them through an app on my phone from anywhere.  Why would I need another piece of equipment? 

me too, excellent for watching the cat when we are away. App works well, except a little slow to turn the camera remotely.  Has a microphone too.   

6 hours ago, JamJar said:

I think i know exactly how they all work, so quoting 'unlimited' without parameters is wholly pointless.

New SIMs don't have truly unlimited data. So a lot of the advice here is completely misleading.

Consistent with what you've been saying, in my experience, the Thai mobile providers most of the time (always?) are doing one of two things:

1. they'll offer an unlimited (I think always with "fair use" provisions) data plan that's capped by speed.

or

2. they'll offer a speed unlimited data plan that's capped as to the amount of data.

I can't recall ever seeing a Thai mobile plan here that was uncapped as to both speed and data quantity.

5 hours ago, JamJar said:

Show us the data limit of this plan before the speed is capped(you mean throttled anyway) ; http://www.mybycat.com/en/PrePay.php?package=90_แพ็กเกจเสริม-my-เน็ตเพลิน-1,-4,-6-Mbps

There are these limits in the T&Cs on the CAT page via Google Translate:

Cannot be used for commercial purposes Or using large amounts of data that may affect other users such as Bit Torrent or sharing via Hotspot or using electronic devices that require connection In the event that the Company detects such use, the Company will automatically suspend its use.
• If the company Detected that the user has downloaded Or upload large files Or use any With continuous high-volume data transmission In a manner that is not as normal as the general public uses Or have usage behavior that may affect the use of services of other users Or have an impact on the network and overall service provision.

The company has the right to manage the network as appropriate. In order to maintain service quality standards And to help the overall service users to use effectively, the company can change the promotion Or limit the amount of usage of users and the speed of the internet as appropriate

8 hours ago, tomazbodner said:

Connected to gigabit fiber or AIS NextG 4G+Wifi?

Couldn't image that speed on 4G alone. In Thailand (and most other places) 4G is running on far lower frequencies - DTAC uses highest frequency at 2.3 GHz, the rest are 2.1/1.9/1.8/0.9/0.85 GHz.

I get a little over 1 gbps up and down with AIS 1000/1000 fiber but nowhere near that (more like 30-50 mbps on average) on 4G in center of Bangkok (AIS/True and a little slower DTAC).

D-Link Dir 825 with the standard Huawei all from 3bb  went up to 500/500 just recently for the same price I was paying before

1 hour ago, tomazbodner said:

That's fiber connection then, not 4G connection. The OP was inquiring about 4G.

About 3BB though - I used to use them after moving there from dreadful service of True. Years back, when inquiring about anything faster than 16/1.5 mbps ADSL, they told me to move to the other side of the road. After years of battling with them, I passed 3BB shop and asked. They told me no available slots but come back in a week to check again. Next day I saw 3BB truck near my place and that evening passed by 3BB shop to inquire when I was told - yes, we have now. A day later and I had 3BB VDSL (was no fiber on offer yet then). And I do remember they kept upgrading me every time they lowered prices to the next package at the same price, so I ended up with 75/30 package. But then cables were moved underground and I think something got messed up so it became really unstable and with all the attempts they could not fix it. As I tried to get rid of TrueVisions anyway I've installed AIS Fiber mainly for TV but as AIS also kept upgrading me, I've ended up on a far more reliable and fast connection so after paying 3BB for kindness another year, I've cancelled it. Would not hesitate to give them another try if I got a new place.

True though... would never even inform you of any changes. If you went there and want to cancel the thing because they were ripping you off for past few years, they'll say - OK, we adjust the price from next month... If anything broke down, they threatened with fees for sending engineer in case this was my problem. Basically trying to intimidate users to put up with crap service. I'm very happy I got rid of them both for internet and TV. So stick to 3BB. They're good. Or if you have to change one day, don't downgrade yourself to True.

Yes fiber and router puts out 2.4 and 5K WiFi

23 hours ago, Happystance said:

You are funny. You seek conjecture via comments made anonymous forum members to trump actual TOS. 

I've read scores scathing reviews of people who have been cut off by various other providers. It can and does happen all the time.

Clearly tho you cannot be wrong, even when you so clearly are ????

I've had my fun paddling your arrogant pooper. ????

You have the information.

Ignore it and bask in your malinformed delusions at your own peril. ????????

Adios!

So link to one of the reviews from any of the providers in Thailand.

Surely if you have read scores of them you can publish one here.

I'm sure it will be informative to the readers here.

Anyone can make things up, as you have there..

I stand by my statement that they are truly unlimited products.

Whereas you are simply trying to move the goalposts from your initial claim that a volume data product which is then throttled to perhaps 384kbps is somehow 'unlimited'.

The fact is that you know nothing and the only person agreeing with you appears to know just as much as you, since they are paying 600 baht a month for a product about which they know nothing.

Ignorance is bliss. Enjoy.

21 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

There are these limits in the T&Cs on the CAT page via Google Translate:

It had already been posted, by myself in an earlier post. But it means nothing, since absolutely everyone who purchased the capped speed products, tether from them.

The T&C are there to protect the networks so they can reserve the right to do so. But it has never been acted upon. Which is why Happystance cannot find a single example in Thailand, whilst claiming to have read scores.

Lies.

We had the tethering discussion a while ago and everyone who has the products is still happily tethering.

No one, has ever been thrown off of singularly nor throttled.

The only people who are being throttled are the people who buy packages with throttling(SIMs registered after the 1st of Feb. other than myCAT).

21 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Consistent with what you've been saying, in my experience, the Thai mobile providers most of the time (always?) are doing one of two things:

1. they'll offer an unlimited (I think always with "fair use" provisions) data plan that's capped by speed.

or

2. they'll offer a speed unlimited data plan that's capped as to the amount of data.

I can't recall ever seeing a Thai mobile plan here that was uncapped as to both speed and data quantity.

Perhaps you should peruse the thread, before re-posting what has gone before or simply repeating things that have already been proved.

Once again;

if you are looking for truly unlimited in both bandwidth and volume, click here and scroll down to the Internet 4G Unlimited Internet at Max Speed of 300 Mbps @ 1500 baht

Unlimited in both speed and volume. Now you know.

22 hours ago, ravip said:

Maybe they tagged the SIM number to the router IMEI number? It is possible...

Nope. Absolutely no reason to do so and never been done before in Thailand. Is the Router even a branded AIS model? It's more likely that the owner does not have a clue.

23 hours ago, marcusarelus said:

I have 4 cams that watch over my property and I access them through an app on my phone from anywhere.  Why would I need another piece of equipment? 

Why are you making it about you? You already have your setup. This is for FatProphet.

Archived