Tourist visa

I arrived on 14 March 2019 and got a permission to stay just till 12.4.2019?!?! 

(Why not until 14.4.2019?)

The problem is that I will leave the country on 14.4.2019 due to my booked flight

Now it looks like I gonna get a 2 days overstay fine?

Or what could I do?

Thanks for your advices

Adds up right by my count.  30 days, starting from the day of entry.  If March 14 is Day 1, then April 12 is Day 30.  Don't cut it so close in the future, and do the math. 1900 baht will get you a 30-day extension, and avoid an overstay "black mark". 

• Like 2

Here's an idea. If you depart immigration at Suvarnabhumi on 13 April, even if it's just before midnight, you won't get an overstay stamp or fine. Then you can sleep on the floor of the airport until you're ready to check-in. Or there's plenty of seating with no arm rests if you prefer. There's also hotels inside the airport that you could use.

Edited by edwardandtubs

56 minutes ago, edwardandtubs said:

Here's an idea. If you depart immigration at Suvarnabhumi on 13 April, even if it's just before midnight, you won't get an overstay stamp or fine. Then you can sleep on the floor of the airport until you're ready to check-in. Or there's plenty of seating with no arm rests if you prefer. There's also hotels inside the airport that you could use.

He would still get an overstay-stamp, but not the fine - in theory.  But they have been reported to ask to see ticket-out, and use the flight-date as the "departure" date - seems to vary by IO/time.

I'd go buy the extension from immigration, and avoid all risk and trouble.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, edwardandtubs said:

You have to check in for your flight before going through immigration. The airline desk will only be open for check-in around three hours or so prior to the scheduled flight time. 

3 hours ago, Suidjon said:

May I go to airport immigration and getting fined of 2 days a thb 500 and leave the country  then? ( cheaper than extension of 30 days)

Yes, you'd get a fine of 1000 baht for two days, plus an overstay stamp. The fine is only waived if departing from the airport in Bangkok within the first 24 hours of overstay.

As mentioned above, you can get a 30 day extension for 1900 baht at Chaengwattana and avoid the overstay stamp. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, lamyai3 said:

You have to check in for your flight before going through immigration. The airline desk will only be open for check-in around three hours or so prior to the scheduled flight time. 

Online check in for the flight might be possible, but at most 24 hours before the flight, and immigration is likely to baulk at allowing you through more than about 12 hours before your flight. Getting the extension is the rational course of action. 1,900 baht is not a fortune though, depending on the immigration office you will be using, the time spent is an annoying interruption of your holiday.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, BritTim said:

Online check in for the flight might be possible, but at most 24 hours before the flight, and immigration is likely to baulk at allowing you through more than about 12 hours before your flight. Getting the extension is the rational course of action. 1,900 baht is not a fortune though, depending on the immigration office you will be using, the time spent is an annoying interruption of your holiday.

I don't think immigration would baulk at that as there are hotels and lounges in the airport that departing passengers can use after they pass immigration. As long as you have your online boarding pass, it would be fine.

2 hours ago, JackThompson said:

He would still get an overstay-stamp, but not the fine - in theory.  But they have been reported to ask to see ticket-out, and use the flight-date as the "departure" date - seems to vary by IO/time.

I'd go buy the extension from immigration, and avoid all risk and trouble.

I didn't get an overstay stamp. I got a very nice female immigration officer who made a tiny note. Maybe I'm extremely lucky having never had any problems with immigration at the airport, or maybe it's just the unlucky minority who make the most noise (understandably) on this forum.

9 hours ago, Suidjon said:

May I go to airport immigration and getting fined of 2 days a thb 500 and leave the country  then? ( cheaper than extension of 30 days)

It would only be 900 baht more to apply for an extension and save the 'Overstay' stamp in your passport. It's your choice. Yes attending immigration to get it is a PITA. 

• Like 2