Kanchanaburi/Myanmar Border: Possible to go short visit while border run?

30 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

As far as I know 500 baht of the 960 baht charge is for the border pass. The 500 baht is the same amount that is charged at at the other land border crossings Myanmar.

It is, but you do not receive a "border pass" you are simply paying to facilitate exit/entry stamps from Myanmar.

Passing the border is not allowed without a visa or actual border pass, and border passes are only issued to Thais/Burmese locals using the crossing.

3 hours ago, elviajero said:

You're being pedantic. Again, for the record, it's neither a visa or border passport, just entry/exit stamps. The 960 THB is shared amongst many players, but mostly goes in to the pockets of those running the Myanmar side. But the end result is that your 960 gets you transported over the border and back to get exit/entry stamps to satisfy Thai immigration.

I'm not being pedantic at all - you clearly wrote that the cost was for "The Transport" I know different but people who have never been to that border before would read that and wonder if there were any extra costs involved - most people know that there are Visa - Border pass costs involved when entering another Asian country

If you are going to give advice at least make it clear advice which doesn't leave people wondering about any extra costs

On 6/29/2019 at 8:33 AM, ubonjoe said:

What type of visa are you using to enter Thailand when you do the border crossing? You have to have a visa issued by a embassy or consulate to enter at that crossing. They do not issue the 15 day visa on arrival at that crossing that you qualify for.

Who are you paying the 5k baht to? Not aware of anybody paying that much and certainly not 10k baht.

I did it the first time back in 2017 people I saw in line for immigration were sure not but nieboring counties citizens then when I handed my passport with non O multiple visa and I was told to wait to inform the supervisors in next office. Then I was asked to pay 10k even though Myanmar has diplomatic releation with my country so, I don't told my Thai private taxi driver it is disgusting and told I would only pay 5k. I later heard female voice saying Saudis have too much money. 

Then I did twice for getting it done, I arrived late today and will go back tomorrow with METV 6 months knowing I did pay for one month extension which ends today.

I will pay 500 baht for one day and even my Thai friend said he will not accompany me so, all they will charge me is about 1.5k

as the rational statement hoping for the best and expecting the worst. 

Maybe I will have my mobile camera on. Just guessing. Cheers 

11 hours ago, Different said:

Then I did twice for getting it done, I arrived late today and will go back tomorrow with METV 6 months knowing I did pay for one month extension which ends today.

I will pay 500 baht for one day

If you have a valid visa for entry to Thailand it should only cost you a total of 960 baht for transport and the border pass.

• Like 1