Italian restaurant Sukhumvit

Kenny202

There are many Italian restaurants on Sukhumvit Road, too many to mention. If soi 11, Limoncello comes to mind. Via Vai in soi 8 is another in the general area with Italian owners that feels like it has been there forever. Both of these two are good, but there are many, many good Italian restaurants on Sukhumvit.

Opera in Phrom Pong has been there years, but it looks a little tired now - I think the original owner set up Rossanos, Asoke area, which is worth a visit.

My personal favourite is in Soi 31, Bella Napoli, but that may be too far up Sukhumvit.

Plus Pala Pizza at the Asoke BTS station ground floor, if you like the square cut styles of pizza, but the food in general there is quite good.

Pizza and the City at the end of the first jog of Soi 11 is pretty good for Napoli style, if I recall.

https://www.facebook.com/pizzaandthecity/

Rosso Di Sera a ways into Soi 15 was pretty good as well, and pretty authentic for BKK.

https://www.facebook.com/Rosso.di.Sera.Bkk

I like Bella Napoli as well.

Is Lemoncello any relation to the one in CM, that closed down (for at least a while)?  Some of these places seem very doable, and possibly a good value for modern Sukhumvit.  In the States, I lived in the East Bay for 6 years and there was superb italian there.  The Italians brought artichokes to Cali 100 years ago+, and the SF made salami is famous, partly because it is made with no artificial cooling or heating.  But, I always viewed them as either Northern or Southern, which is overly general, but I would expect to see veal in a northern place, and spaghetti/meatballs and lots of good red sauces at southern..of course the sicilian pizza can be great comfort food for an American...screw the overcooked roast and prison veggies, lol..

Italian food is a large bowl of Pasta Fazool (Pasta e fagioli for you non NYers) with Pickled Bannana Peppers and fresh bread. let me know if its on the menu anywhere.

I have found the gravy here to be particularly tasteless. Must be the tomats

16 hours ago, mstevens said:

There are many Italian restaurants on Sukhumvit Road, too many to mention. If soi 11, Limoncello comes to mind. Via Vai in soi 8 is another in the general area with Italian owners that feels like it has been there forever. Both of these two are good, but there are many, many good Italian restaurants on Sukhumvit.

I like Via Vai. Expect to pay around 1500/2000 Bahts per person for a 3 course meal + wine and coffee. I go there when Monsoon, which is right in front, looks too crowded. I have good memories from Kinaree which is just a bit further down the road, but the food isn't up anymore to the vibe of the place. Delightful little corner this soi 8.

2 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

That is so stupidly overpriced its sad,

Dining out in Bangkok is now pricier than in some European countries. But even when I want a good steak at home followed by some proper cheese, all with one or two bottles of wine it costs me 2000 to 3000 Bahts for two. I don't do this every day though... Giving an education to my girls, food and sex is all I have left. Food and sex might go soon....

I used to go to Via Vai for their lunch buffet that included an entree and then salad and such bar... Used to run a couple hundred baht (dunno if they still offer that)... And would order their pizzas from time to time, which probably are in the 300-400 baht range, though a lot are also under 300b, depending on toppings... So it's certainly possible to eat for less, if one skips the wine and other niceties....

Screenshot_5.jpg.f0ad7893c5e9f6287b98b32d37d6ad44.jpg

https://viavaibkk.com/appetizer/

12 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Via Vai pizza is well out of step with the current quality available at Soho pizza or Sfizio.

The lunch deal was a good offering some years ago as John pointed out.

I wasn't ever very excited about the pizza they serve at Via Vai.. In my memory, very thin crust, and pretty thin in terms of the cheese and toppings they layer on top. Perhaps that's why their pizza prices are relatively modest.

If I was specifically going out for pizza, VV is not where I'/d go. But I do / did like the other non-pizza food on offer there....as well done and quite tasty.

It closed about 5 years ago but there used to be a wonderful, traditional,Italian Restaurant, on the little link road connecting 11 and 13. As you turn right  at the bottom of 11 ( next to the new Holiday Inn),it used to be around 30 mtrs along on the left; I believe there is a restaurant called Dubai in that location now.    I think it had been there for many years. I was taken there originally, maybe 10 years ago,by an Italian friend, long term (30 plus years)  bangkok resident. Went there maybe 5/6 times over the years before it closed. Owner/chef always seemed a little over stressed ( and grumpy) but the food was usually excellent. The restaurant on soi 1 down the soi near Bumrungrad, also pretty good, reminds me a little of that place.

I have a feeling that the (now closed) soi 11 restaurant  might be the place the OP is thinking of.

Dining out in Bangkok is now pricier than in some European countries. But even when I want a good steak at home followed by some proper cheese, all with one or two bottles of wine it costs me 2000 to 3000 Bahts for two. I don't do this every day though... Giving an education to my girls, food and sex is all I have left. Food and sex might go soon....

Agreed. Recently I wanted a beefsteak(no gristle)
Prices are out of proportion to reality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived