Applying for Non Immigrant O-A Visa before April 1st London

Im thinking of applying for my Non Immigrant O-A visa this week in London before the online process goes live. I have no problem expediting the criminal record proof for the additional cost and getting my medical cert signed. I can provide the 6 months bank statements showing well in excess of 65,000 baht per month but none of it is from pensions. Do I have to prove the source of this income which is property rental and salary, if so will this be acceptable? Obviously I wont be earning any salary from work whilst in Thailand I will be retired by the time I leave the UK.

Edited by Jim P

Pretty sure your bank statements alone will be fine, most people applying for the Non O-A in their early 50s have had no pension documentation in the past. Worst that might happen is they'd send you away for more documents. The advantage of doing it prior to the e-visa launch in April is you can just walk in with your application and documents and they vet them on the spot. 

The extra £35 on an expedited police certificate is largely offset by the fact that the visa fee goes up by £25 in April, and losing a few months of use on the front end of the visa may be worth it for the peace of mind. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lamyai3 said:

Pretty sure your bank statements alone will be fine, most people applying for the Non O-A in their early 50s have had no pension documentation in the past. Worst that might happen is they'd send you away for more documents. The advantage of doing it prior to the e-visa launch in April is you can just walk in with your application and documents and they vet them on the spot. 

The extra £35 on an expedited police certificate is largely offset by the fact that the visa fee goes up by £25 in April, and losing a few months of use on the front end of the visa may be worth it for the peace of mind. 

Yep thats exactly the way I looked at it as regards offsetting the police cost against the new visa cost and the peace of mind. The only downside is that if it doesn`t work I will have to deposit the 800k and my police record and medical will expire in the 3 months I have to season the account. In the past a lot of applicants just used the now defunct affidavit letters.

My rental income is just shy of the 65,000 alone, exchange rate ????   it`s more the fact the type of visa Im applying for I wondered if current salary was acceptable in addition, its just listed on my statements as `Operational`

Edited by Jim P

On 3/23/2019 at 9:44 AM, Jim P said:

Sorted, had my documents and proofs accepted and collect the visa on Monday????

Jim  - I am in the process of applying for the same visa  - one of the boxes on the form asks for evidence substantiating your purpose of visit for NON-IMMIGRANT OR LONG STAY ONLY... I'm struggling what to put in this box - your help will be much appreciated - thanks  - Chris

7 hours ago, Chris657 said:

Jim  - I am in the process of applying for the same visa  - one of the boxes on the form asks for evidence substantiating your purpose of visit for NON-IMMIGRANT OR LONG STAY ONLY... I'm struggling what to put in this box - your help will be much appreciated - thanks  - Chris

I didn`t fill that in either as I wasn`t sure but the girl at the embassy told me what to write. Bank statements, medical certificate, police certificate. So it`s just a list of the documentation you are supplying as required for the visa. Hope this answers your question Chris.

• Like 1

On 3/18/2019 at 12:36 AM, Jim P said:

before the online process goes live.

Now put back until 1st May:-

EDIT: Now academic in your case, of course, but others reading this thread who are planning to apply for visas at the London Embassy will wish to be aware.

Edited by OJAS

21 hours ago, PST said:

It's May now before the online applications will start, until then, in person or by post.

PST

Doubt it will be even then, I was aware just before I collected my visa and when I asked they said `Probably in May`