Two Active Visas ? O-A and METV?

Hello, I have an O-A valid till  Sept 15 , and was thinking of returning Sept 1- Nov 1st 2019 ; with a trip to Laos  Oct 1

I realize I would get 1 year stamp Sept 1st,  then  go to CW  for a Re-entry permit to go Laos,  but then I'd need another one after I leave Nov 1st ...(Assuming I planned on a return say  Aug 1 2020 ...

So, I believe the RE permits  are 1000 THB and it would be 2 visits to CW (or can I get two separate ones on 1 visit ?)

If I did NOT* plan on returning  Aug 1 2020 ,  perhaps  a  METV  would  be better /cheaper ? 

But, then I would have 2 visas in my passport ?  or is  this even possible ?  I am in US

PS: for curiousity what if in Aug 1, 2020, I wanted to stay past the last stamped in date of say Sept 1 , 2020 ,   then the options are a border run for 15 day stamp or and extension of stay ? (assuming I don't want to fly in/out for a 30 day stamp or visa?)

Re-entry permits can be obtained at the airport on the way out too.

You could get two singles (not at the same time), or one multiple entry re-entry permit (3,800 baht).

METV’s are not available in Laos unless you’re resident or Laotian. If you’re going to your home country you could apply for a METV. 

You can apply for a METV even if the ‘O-A’ is still valid, but they might cancel it when issuing the new visa.

You can do a visa run for a 30 day visa exempt entry if you’re from a qualifying country. You could apply for a 1 year extension, but would need proof of an income of at least 65K pm, or 800K in a Thai bank for at least 2 months before you apply.

Your best and only viable option is to get a re-entry permit.

You will have an entry valid until August 31st, 2020 after you enter on September 1st. I suggest you get a multiple re-entry permit that will be valid for entry until August 31st. 2020 and you will get stamped in to that day until it expires.

• Like 1

Sticking with the Non-OA entries also avoids any problems you might have with the Bangkok-Airports or other entry-points who don't follow the law, when coming in on a "tourist" entry, due to longer past-time in the country.  If you ever only spend a week or two here at a time, spread months apart (past and future), you would be less likely to have problems with a Tourist entry.

5 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Your best and only viable option is to get a re-entry permit.

You will have an entry valid until August 31st, 2020 after you enter on September 1st. I suggest you get a multiple re-entry permit that will be valid for entry until August 31st. 2020 and you will get stamped in to that day until it expires.

joe,

the timing is such , that it seems more likely I'll leave Nov 1, 2019 and not be back by  Aug 1, 2020,  so  maybe  I just let the visa die, and don't get the 2nd RE permit, as not sure 3800 for a multi (which I won't use),  nor 2 trips to CW and 2000THB sounds nice either(I don't trust airport RE system to get them ..... though maybe since I may let it die I could take my chances @suwarnaphummi)

is there any current appointment scheduling system for obtaining RE permits @ CW?

Edited by mooping20Baht
s