Land values in Si Sa Ket

sampson

Appreciate there is no silver bullet on these kind of things but have a friend who has agreed to buy his young lady land.  It actually looks a pretty big plot and is on a sealed road with electric nearby (apparently) somewhere near Khu Khan i believe.  What sounds a bit off is she is telling him it's 4 Rai.  It's not 4 Rai imo from the video and pictures he sent me as that is about 1.5 acres if I'm correct so of course alarm bells have to be ringing. Is there a way he can easily check? It has chanote title he says so presumably these documents will tell him precisely how big the plot is.  

She is quoting 350000 but thinks she can get it for 300000.  Looking around it sounds like that would be far too cheap anyway for 4 Rai.

A picture of the land IMG-20190317-WA0005.thumb.jpg.8ea8b02d7e4c85b867dbe223c255d482.jpg if anybody could make a guess at how many Rai it really is..IMG-20190317-WA0005.thumb.jpg.8ea8b02d7e4c85b867dbe223c255d482.jpgIMG-20190317-WA0005.thumb.jpg.8ea8b02d7e4c85b867dbe223c255d482.jpg

The photo could show 100m x 40m = 2,5 rai or 150m x 40m = 3,75 rai, or a lot of other options. 

As said above - impossible to judge from this photo!

3 hours ago, NiwPix said:

Do you know or can you find out the exact location? Maybe use google satellite maps with birds eye view.

I've told him to get her to stand in the middle of the land and take a panoramic and send her location.

But I've also told him should he not go up there and inspect the documents (ie have them translated) to establish how much land it is and who is selling then he has to accept there is a chance all may not be as it seems.  I suspect it may be a case of she asks she gets though.

I know the couple because I dated her cousin.  I have a decent bullshit radar now in Thailand and thought both the girls were great for what it was worth, but the family! Well that's why I walked and let her get on with her life and if there's that kind of money flying around there will be plenty wanting to get some.  

15 minutes ago, sampson said:

But I've also told him should he not go up there and inspect the documents (ie have them translated) to establish how much land it is and who is

If it’s in a village area he’d be best to take a trusted Thai. Probably 

difficult to get it translated 

6 minutes ago, DJ54 said:

If it’s in a village area he’d be best to take a trusted Thai. Probably 

difficult to get it translated 

If he could take a picture on his phone he could make a good fist of it sending it to people we know.

He has sent another video and the location.  Well actually it is enormous and could be 4 Rai. He said she keeps saying 4 Rai and 6 something else but there's a communication issue with that so I can't say.

Now I know where it is I am pretty sure it is not desirable in any way, a fair way away from the main village and of course with all the interesting characters that made up the family nearby.  He'd be mad to do it if he's planning on staying there.  His money but I did have to laugh how a small piece of land has turned into 4 rai 555

I live in the area. Land prices here are completely dependant on location. If it is on route 220 then name the price. Bury it away in the villages and you pay much less. A one time offer Sampson, I will go and step it out and let you know an approx size. A few words to the locals and I might get a per rai guide number on price.

If you are interested send me a PM.

You need to have some basic thai reading skills or get someone to help.

you can check on this website for where land is on google map (1st field is province, 2nd amphur, 3rd channot number). It gives location and size of land

http://dolwms.dol.go.th/tvwebp/

this second site gives land value for tax, but not the current 'commercial' value. It is not up-to-date if land has been split recently (1st field channot number, 2nd sub number off channot, 3rd province

http://property.treasury.go.th/pvmwebsite/

(click on the first large green and white icon, which has clouds/sun/hills)

Many thanks for all your input.  

An somewhat imprecise method of measuring on google maps puts it at about 0.6 rai max if correctly worked out.  The chanote number has been asked for to try out on that website.

4 rai to 0.6 (if correct) might set off some alarm bells mind you

My Mrs mom paid 65000 baht for 32 talang wah next to her house. She got it down from 100k but only because she told us when she visited. She's got a real POS for a son and he basically told the seller how much cash she had and they concocted a plan to relieve her of it.

That silly purchase will send values up in there crappy village now. 

She's happy though.

Archived