BANGKOK 21 May 2019 08:10
webfact

For Thailand’s sake, let’s move beyond Thaksin

32 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

My wife's family voted for Thaksin, until I told them the real story behind his crooked past and showed them a few reports on the internet, then they quickly changed their minds.  Ignorance is not democracy.  

You could have told them about the junta corruption so they don’t have to make a binary choice. Anyway I hope they don’t give you false pretense when they in their polling booth. Will be your ignorance if they vote otherwise. 

4 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

You could have told them about the junta corruption so they don’t have to make a binary choice. Anyway I hope they don’t give you false pretense when they in their polling booth. Will be your ignorance if they vote otherwise. 

I don't actually care much what they do, it's their country not mine.  I just couldn't put up with them spouting at how great Thaksin was without them knowing some more facts about the man.  

2 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

You be surprised that they know more than you. Many of us think we understand the Thais to be disappointed. Anyway you chose to deny them the truth about the junta illegal seizure of power and the corruption and is your prerogative to chose side. It may be their country not us but we sure want the Thais to live well and free and not exploited and dominated by the military since 1932. 

an exaggeration my friend, but you are welcome to your own opinion. 

• Haha 1

a tad off topic but a certain A hole of the first degree recently inherited 30 billion bht on top of his other few personal billions , way way more than enough to treat every god dammed village to free medical help / village clinic / remove dirt tracks for concrete lanes and mega free  piss up to respect there loyalty to the bloke that left it all behind . Rant over !

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Pilotman said:

No he didn't, he just ripped off the country, by avoiding billions in tax, bribed officials and then bribed the rural village people.  Thats not democracy, that's cynical manipulation.  

And what do you think the current government is doing?

Think of the Watchman and the terrible punishment he received, How about the corruption at the army park down Hua Hin way.

I can look and find lots more but I can't be bothered.

To quote you from your post.

That's not democracy, that's cynical manipulation.  

No it isn't but it's not that bad either. 

You think that stealing a country is not that bad?

Really?

• Like 1

I don't actually care much what they do, it's their country not mine.  I just couldn't put up with them spouting at how great Thaksin was without them knowing some more facts about the man.  

And you really think they didn't know? They are just being polite to you, they know a hell of a lot more about politics in their own country than you...

Sent from my SM-J730F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, sjaak327 said:

And you really think they didn't know? They are just being polite to you, they know a hell of a lot more about politics in their own country than you...

Sent from my SM-J730F using Tapatalk

haha good one.  Clearly , you don't know them.