Kasikorn canceled a transaction of my airline ticket

While in Central America, I bought a ticket for $700 on the website on an airline - Iberia. Right before my flight I found out that my ticket has been canceled - in the airport they told me; in the  hotline of the aircompany they told me that it was my bank who marked a transaction as being a fraud one.

No email from nobody - not from the airline, not from Kasikorn.

But, right after the purchase I received email, the number of reservation, etc -- "All good, your ticket has been confirmed".

My balance now N - $700, that is, the money hasn't been returned.

I can call to Thailand to Kasikorn, but I'd prefer not to because it'll be expensive. And if there's no necessity.

1) Should I wait for my money to return? Is it the airline - Iberia - that will have to return me the money, right?

2) Why has it been marked as such? I've been using Kasikorn for years, including my current country, many times. In different countries too.

Although I usually make way cheaper purchases. But while in Thailand I bought a ticket to Central America for $500 - without a problem, last year.

") Should I wait for my money to return? Is it the airline - Iberia - that will have to return me the money, right?"

If they initially got the money, but the payment was cancelled afterwards...then they don't have the money...so I doubt they will be returning money they don't have?

6 minutes ago, malt25 said:

If you don't want to call Kasikorn, why not at lease email them to get the ball rolling ?

I can.

It takes them long to respond. And usually they respond with "we can't discuss that on email, it's a private info, call us" for many types enqueries.

3 minutes ago, dotpoom said:

If they initially got the money, but the payment was cancelled afterwards...then they don't have the money...so I doubt they will be returning money they don't have?

I don't know. The ticket was confirmed initially.

26 minutes ago, FredGallaher said:

Strange. Why did you pay with Kasikorn? Do you have a Kasikorn bank card? Kasikorn has always been good, but when I purchase on line I use my US based cards. I had a problem with Dusit hotels recently, but it was on the Dusit end, but I was never charged

Strange. With what should I have paid? With your bank cards? I wouldn't mind.

Did you inform Kbank you were travelling ? As for the airline thats an automated system and if the payment was cleared the confirmation would be auto produced. If the bank later cancelled due to security, the funds are withdrawn from the airline and ticket cancelled. 

You should contact the bank before you get any further issues as your card may well be blocked completely if fraud is suspected.

1 hour ago, hakama said:

I can.

It takes them long to respond. And usually they respond with "we can't discuss that on email, it's a private info, call us" for many types enqueries.

Follow kbank on Twitter, you can private message them on there, I had a problem  with my on line banking, money got lost, they couldn't have been more helpful and responsive, tried their best to sort it out, phoned me etc, and prompt replies..

1 hour ago, hakama said:

I can.

Use Skype or another VOIP service to make your call.

3 minutes ago, lanng khao said:

Follow kbank on Twitter, you can private message them on there, I had a problem  with my on line banking, money got lost, they couldn't have been more helpful and responsive, tried their best to sort it out, phoned me etc, and prompt replies..

Yep, I can't understand a bank that regards a private message on a social media platform as a more secure means of communication than email.

According to the OP.

I have to notify my bank (SCB) every time I go abroad. If not, they will block my credit card as soon as there is a transaction outside Thailand, until I call them and confirm the transaction. Then they unblock the card again. The first time it happened was a trip to Sri Lanka 2 years ago, I was surprised, but now I think it is a good thing they do it.

If you are till stuck in Central America,  go to  an Iberia office, they are usually everywhere there, and find out directly what happened. Then, if need be, call your bank. Or pay with your card directly in their office. 

It could be the airline or website / service you used for the purchase. Some have been caught up in frauds enough times so they're automatically blocked. Happened to me a few times. Usually a call to the bank sorts it out.

Slightly different but my new Kasikorn debit card was declined at Abu Dhabi airport. When I returned to Thailand I asked Kasikorn why this had happened - thinking it was one of their crazy 'activation issues' (a whole other subject).  I was told that they have a new policy now - you have to notify them each time you leave Thailand and intend using your card.

13 hours ago, Na Fan said:

It could be the airline or website / service you used for the purchase. Some have been caught up in frauds enough times so they're automatically blocked. Happened to me a few times. Usually a call to the bank sorts it out.

The ticket has been a) bought b) confirmed

4 minutes ago, KhaoYai said:

Slightly different but my new Kasikorn debit card was declined at Abu Dhabi airport. When I returned to Thailand I asked Kasikorn why this had happened - thinking it was one of their crazy 'activation issues' (a whole other subject).  I was told that they have a new policy now - you have to notify them each time you leave Thailand and intend using your card.

I've had issues with both Etihad and Emirates not accepting my debit cards... Credit Cards no problem.

I agree with the general opinion... you’ll probably need to speak directly with KBank as I’ll bet they aren’t going to address account-specifics via an email-like platform.

I wonder IF you initiated the transaction with Iberia using their (Iberia’s) online platform (thus a CNP or Card Not Present coded transaction) or did you deal face-to-face with Iberia at like a city ticket office or the like?

I’ve had this issue - albeit with a BBL credit card - overseas before, largely because the transaction was auto-flagged as being fraud-suspected —— which I found out later was the programmatic result and based on a combination of several variables such the MCC or Merchant Category Code and transaction code CNP.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Archived