Trump stance on Muslims, Fox host in spotlight after mosque shootings

webfact

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, Krataiboy said:

I care, if only for the same of my children and grandchildren. There are intolerant aspects to Christianity in its various forms, but the theory and practices of Islam are inimical to the values and cultural traditions of Western society. I have no desire, either, for my grandchildren to end up paying djizzya.

You completely missed the point there, the question was not who is an Islamophobe.

3 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

It is used for hunting in NZ.

Herds of feral pigs or goats etc won't stand still while the hunter is reloading a single shot rifle. If you don't have a semi auto, most will escape into the bush.

Thanks for the info, however you might note that there are fishermen who use grenades, that does not mean grenades are not war weapons, and likewise AR-15's remain war weapons despite some Kiwi hunters desire to gun down whole herds.

11 hours ago, Krataiboy said:

Your guess is as good as mine, but according to a 2017 Pew Research study nearly 70 percent of Muslims in the UK favour Sharia law.

Strange, but the only Pew survey I can find on support of Sharia law showing nearly 70% support, is for Muslims worldwide.  Could you post a link to this UK opinion poll?

What I have found, is a 2016 Policy Exchange survey, which shows that 43% of British Muslims support Sharia law in some way, while 6% want a separate Islamic life as much as possible.

1 hour ago, Kieran00001 said:

Thanks for the info, however you might note that there are fishermen who use grenades, that does not mean grenades are not war weapons, and likewise AR-15's remain war weapons despite some Kiwi hunters desire to gun down whole herds.

Silly thing to say. If you actually knew anything about NZ you'd know that the herds of feral animals are being culled as they destroy the land.

24 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Silly thing to say. If you actually knew anything about NZ you'd know that the herds of feral animals are being culled as they destroy the land.

Not silly at all, it would be silly to imagine that New Zealands unusual issues resulting in some people using AR-15's to kill goats somehow make this war weapon a hunting weapon.  As I said, it would be just like pretending that some unusual fishing method means that those war weapons are actually fishing kit.

4 hours ago, Kieran00001 said:

Strange, but the only Pew survey I can find on support of Sharia law showing nearly 70% support, is for Muslims worldwide.  Could you post a link to this UK opinion poll?

What I have found, is a 2016 Policy Exchange survey, which shows that 43% of British Muslims support Sharia law in some way, while 6% want a separate Islamic life as much as possible.

Apologies. I must have been punchy with all the toing and froing! The nearly 70 percent figure (69.7%) was indeed from the Pew worldwide survey. Thanks for pointing that out.

Archived