Video: Tourists trapped in lift at Pattaya condominium

webfact

Video: Tourists trapped in lift at Pattaya condominium

1pm_VI.jpg

Rescue services were called to the Spanish Place Condominium on Sukhumvit Road after seven tourists from the Philippines and a Thai got trapped in a lift. 

Anguished cries greeted the rescuers when they arrived - oxygen was scarce and they had been trapped for half an hour.

Lap Jankaew, 50, said he and his Filipino friends had been to a party on the fourth floor. But when the lift got to the first floor the doors would not open. 

Special equipment was used to effect an escape and all those involved were safe. 

Source: The Pattaya News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-03-18

2 hours ago, Youlike said:

Who are all those guys with chinese letters on their back? Chinese medic and rescue service?

It's the omnipresent " Sawang Boriboon" rescue foundation (transcription may vary).

I don't know about their history but obviously the "Thai Chinese" community plays an important role (as in other fields of society :whistling:).

"Thai Chinese": Thai citizens of Chinese origin.

This seems to explain something:

https://www.pattayamail.com/ourcommunity/day-sawang-boriboon-rescue-unit-200334

10 hours ago, jacko45k said:

They had been to a party and needed the bathroom.....

8 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Hope no-one Trumped?

Trump wasn,t there they were philipino....they "trouser cough"

4 hours ago, losworld said:

oxygen scarce?  roflmao... it's an elevator not a submarine (but they are on order)

I'm sorry, but you are wrong.  For all we know, they could have been served copious amounts of beef and bean burritos.  Depending on the size of that elevator, the oxygen content of the lift could have well be compromised.  

I usually let one loose in the lift but always blame it on my boy.

That Spanish place condo is probably the worst condo you could choose to live in. One of the oldest buildings and maintenance is not good. But I guess the tourists must have rented through AirBNB.

5 minutes ago, balo said:

That Spanish place condo is probably the worst condo you could choose to live in. One of the oldest buildings and maintenance is not good. But I guess the tourists must have rented through AirBNB.

It took worse than a nose dive once the owners split the place the up and then stopped paying the cable bill and let both pool go to trash, I owned a nice double unit in there when it was really nice and loved the location.

A couple of years ago I got trapped in an elevator in an upscale local hotel. The unit went to the desired floor and stopped but the door would not open. I thought no problem, lots of people around and the desk is only about 100 feet away. So I pushed the emergency button and someone finally answered. Not sure who? They had no idea of what my problem was or where I was. But would try to find out? After about 45 minutes when no one showed up I took the cover off the door mechanism and was able to manually release the door. Went to the nearby desk to report it and they were not very interested.

5 hours ago, 4675636b596f75 said:

I'm sorry, but you are wrong.  For all we know, they could have been served copious amounts of beef and bean burritos.  Depending on the size of that elevator, the oxygen content of the lift could have well be compromised.  

I usually let one loose in the lift but always blame it on my boy.

you are a bad mother ha ha 

4 hours ago, JimmyTheMook said:

It took worse than a nose dive once the owners split the place the up and then stopped paying the cable bill and let both pool go to trash, I owned a nice double unit in there when it was really nice and loved the location.

is that the one that had the bunker bar at sukumvit end,  if so i use it as a shortcut  looks past its best

21 hours ago, JimmyTheMook said:

I remember when it was built. Beautiful indeed. But as many things here; the elements, time, neglect and corruption took its toll.

Being trapped in an elevator, without aircon, in this climate, is no laughing matter.

Add that they were visiting from out of country and in a strange environment only compounds their anxiety.

The usual crowd that finds amusement in the pain, misery and misadventure of others, are the true loosers in this story. I wish these pathetic individuals well. Well far from me.

Archived