Translation from a receipt

NanLaew

The following was on a receipt describing something done at a local garage. My quick and dirty translation suggests it's a 'nozzle wash' but maybe in a diesel engine maintenance sense, maybe it's the injectors? Anything more specific would be appreciated.

Thanks!

NL

what.jpg.4c6306654007c86943e74552f2cacaa0.jpg

Just shown the other half who confirms your analysis......something has been washed / sprayed.........that was it........I have to add that sometimes we get receipts for deliveries to the bar and when I ask her what it is she says don't know, the handwriting is too bad !!!!

1 hour ago, thaiguzzi said:

Rebore & crank regrind....:ph34r:

In under 30 minutes?

1 hour ago, Gecko123 said:

ค่าค้างฟิวส์remaining (unpaid) balance (for) fuse #1.

That's even quicker and dirtier than my translator.

1 hour ago, AhFarangJa said:

Just shown the other half who confirms your analysis......something has been washed / sprayed.........that was it........I have to add that sometimes we get receipts for deliveries to the bar and when I ask her what it is she says don't know, the handwriting is too bad !!!!

Something washed and/or sprayed is what Mrs NL says too. The truck was cleaned already and this was tacked-on to the regular service. Engine air cover never lifted and injector lines still have ~90k of road dust on 'em.

Did I misdecipher that the handwriting reads: ค่าค้างฟิวส์๑? If not, then I'm at a complete loss as to how anyone came up with "washed/sprayed" from ค่าค้าง. ฟิวส์ for sure translates as fuse.

NanLaew: Not sure if I appreciated the tone of your reply to my post. Struck me as pretty smug coming from someone who asked for help. If you're implying all I did was run the wording through Google translate, you're mistaken.

20 hours ago, Gecko123 said:

Did I misdecipher that the handwriting reads: ค่าค้างฟิวส์๑? If not, then I'm at a complete loss as to how anyone came up with "washed/sprayed" from ค่าค้าง. ฟิวส์ for sure translates as fuse.

NanLaew: Not sure if I appreciated the tone of your reply to my post. Struck me as pretty smug coming from someone who asked for help. If you're implying all I did was run the wording through Google translate, you're mistaken.

Not to discount your valiant efforts but so far two native speakers (Mrs NL and Mrs(?) AhFarangJa) have opted for the 'spray/wash' interpretation of the mangled Thai script. Mrs NL (my quick and dirty translator) was the one asking the dealership precisely what this service item was and can confirm to me in English what she was told in Thai that it was for the washing and/or spraying of some mechanical part or item that she doesn't know the English word for.

The first part that you decipher as ค่าค้าง pronounced kha kang does indeed translate as arrears.

However, if the first part is deciphered as ค่าล้าง that translates as 'wash fee' or 'kha lang' as spoken by Mrs NL.

You are correct that the second part ฟิวส์ translates as fuse but I am leaning towards the หัวฉีด which is pronounced 'haw chit' by Mrs NL and suggests nozzle or since it's a diesel, the injectors. If you type injectors into google translate, it says หัวฉีด or haw chid in Thai

You did well considering you are working solely from what has been (badly) written whereas Mrs NL had the benefit of hearing the written words being spoken and possibly Mrs NL and Mrs(?) AhFarangJa are more familiar with bad Thai handwriting than we are.

15 hours ago, kokesaat said:

ค่าล้างหัวฉีด. Looks like they probably added a can of injection cleaner fluid

Looks like it since there was bugger all touched under the bonnet.

I normally do the needful since it is my truck but I was out of the country and needed the ride ready for some long drives as soon as I got home. This dealership is always good and they give you a bag with the empty oil and brake fluid bottles and the dirty filters to show what was replaced. Unfortunately this time, there's no evidence of an empty ฿1900 can of injector flush being offered as evidence. I reckon this time they may have pulled a fast one on the delightfully quick and dirty Mrs NL. Mechanics pulling a fast one on women drivers seems to be a global given.

Archived