"Thai man with the heart of an angel" reunites Chinese child with anguished parents

webfact

"Thai man with the heart of an angel" reunites Chinese child with anguished parents

6pm.jpg

Caption: Thai man with the heart of an angel

Sanook went to town with effusive praise of a Thai man who ensured that a lost child was reunited with her parents. 

The man had seen the four year old wandering by a road near a market in Bang Bung, Chonburi on Sunday. 

He took the little girl - who is Chinese - into the police station. 

There no one could manage to communicate with the little girl - even a Chinese language teacher who was asked to help found it impossible. The four year old had only just come to live in Thailand. 

But all was resolved when the anguished parents arrived to report her missing. The mother burst into floods of tears hugging her child not realizing that she was safe. 

She said that the family had arrived at the market in a car and gran and the child had got out first while they looked for a parking space. But gran had got separated from the child. 

Sanook reported that the Chinese family tried to force a reward on the good Samaritan who refused it saying:

"I have got a child myself. It was my duty. Everyone should do such a thing and not expect a reward". 

Sanook called him "more handsome than a male deity" in their headline. 

Source: Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-03-18

Not to take anything away from this good Samaritan's efforts, but you remember that Malian immigrant who scaled 4 stories up the face of a Paris apartment building to rescue a child dangling on a ledge? You remember how Macron rewarded him with French citizenship for his efforts?

Can't help wonder if some foreigner on overstay rescued a kid from a burning building or did something heroic like that, would Thailand reward him with a Elite Visa or something? Probably asking too much, huh? He'd be lucky if his overstay fines were waived, or if he got to stay in the VIP lounge at Suwannaphumi on his way to getting deported.

Not to take anything away from this good Samaritan's efforts, but you remember that Malian immigrant who scaled 4 stories up the face of a Paris apartment building to rescue a child dangling on a ledge? You remember how Macron rewarded him with French citizenship for his efforts?

Can't help wonder if some foreigner on overstay rescued a kid from a burning building or did something heroic like that, would Thailand reward him with a Elite Visa or something? Probably asking too much, huh? He'd be lucky if his overstay fines were waived, or if he got to stay in the VIP lounge at Suwannaphumi on his way to getting deported.
Just gonna buy a box of matches and a can of gasoline. [emoji95]

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Two times I found a crying baby on beach could not find they parents I walked up and down on beach to find them both times i found their parents sit on beach drunk and really don't care about their babies 

This man has a good heart but parents should be more careful about looking after their child 

11 minutes ago, Henrik Andersen said:

Two times I found a crying baby on beach could not find they parents I walked up and down on beach to find them both times i found their parents sit on beach drunk and really don't care about their babies 

This man has a good heart but parents should be more careful about looking after their child 

The child was under the supervision of the grandmother.

Bet granny felt dreadful, but now relieved of babysitting duties

2 hours ago, Gecko123 said:

would Thailand reward him with a Elite Visa or something?

500 Baht and one of those Brand's Chicken Essence baskets. In order to claim the reward the foreigner would need to attend hundreds of hours of photo sessions with endless government officials.

Then an overzealous immigration or police officer would demand to see his passport.

34 minutes ago, Henrik Andersen said:

... And they all rode home on a motorbike without a helmet between them and lived happily ever after.

Archived