One student dead many injured as school trip bus overturns in Prachinburi

webfact

One student dead many injured as school trip bus overturns in Prachinburi

8pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

News is coming in of a serious accident involving a bus carrying high school students and teachers going from Nong Bua Lamphu in Thailand's north east to Chantaburi.

The bus was carrying 20 students in M2 and M3 and 19 teachers from Ban Khok Namkliang School in Nong Bua Lamphu. It was on its way taking the students on a field trip. 

8pm1.jpg

Picture: Daily News

The accident occurred at about 4.40 am this morning on Route 304 by a temple near a bend in the road in Nadee district. 

One female student was killed. 

Ten others suffered serious and minor injuries. 

More about this as we hear of it. 

Thaivisa notes that the Route 304 was one of the roads mentioned in Communications Ministry plans for "special measures" to reduce road accidents at the upcoming Songkran festival. 

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-03-18

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And so it continues...One thing is certain, the driver will not have the guts to claim responsibility. They will blame anything they can think of other than themselves.

R.I.P to the girl.  

One killed, 31 injured in Prachin bus accident

By The Nation

88eed6559f6e82bdc5a711c625a73a49.jpeg

A student was killed and 16 of her friends were injured along with 15 teachers when a bus taking them on a field trip overturned in Prachin Buri's Nadee district early Monday, police said.

83fbbf0a28ae36bba08546a2dd747453.jpeg

The accident happened at 4.40am on highway No 304 in front of Thap Lan Temple in Tambon Bupram.

The girl was identified as Orathai Chuasook, 14, an eighth grader of Khok Nam Kiang School in Nong Bua Lamphu.

The injured students and teachers were rushed to the Nadee Hospital and Kabin Buri Hospital.

Krairat Boonklongpaeng, the school director, said he was leading 40 students and teachers on a field trip to Koong Kraben Bay in Chanthaburi.

0eec6185c9ce0fb6521a50b3a01fd2e7.jpeg

The bus that overturned was in fact a replacement vehicle. The first bus that took the group from Nong Bua Lamphu was forced to stop at 4am when one of the right rear wheels broke.

Prachuap Chokbanthit, 53, the driver of the second bus, said a truck cut in front of him, causing him to swerve to the left to avoid it but the bus hit the road guardrail and overturned.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30365996

thenation_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation 2019-03-18

18 minutes ago, webfact said:

Thaivisa notes that the Route 304 was one of the roads mentioned in Communications Ministry plans for "special measures" to reduce road accidents at the upcoming Songkran festival. 

The only thing they could do to reduce accidents is to reduce the drivers on roads.

4 minutes ago, webfact said:

the driver of the second bus, said a truck cut in front of him, causing him to swerve to the left to avoid it

Using the brakes was of course out of  the question. Should have just hit the truck instead. Why do they always "swerve" and end up hitting a tree, electric pole or like in this case, overturn on tge side of the road?

16 minutes ago, Dmaxdan said:

And so it continues...One thing is certain, the driver will not have the guts to claim responsibility. They will blame anything they can think of other than themselves.

R.I.P to the girl.  

Yeah, He'll say his BRAKES Failed......R.I.P To the Young Girl....

17 minutes ago, Dmaxdan said:

R.I.P to the girl.  

Do you think the driver did it on purpose? Of course not...he didn't need to get trained properly to be a busdriver...that's where the problem is....same goes for the maintenance staff and roadbuilders and so on.....nobody got properly trained for their job.

No matter what the Thai do to stop this from happening, they can't fix it themselves but won't ask any foreigner for help...

A truck cut in front,seems to be the current excuse,there was one

the other day,makes a change from brakes,and fell asleep.

RIP the young lady,best wishes and a quick recovery to those injured.

regards Worgeordie

54 minutes ago, webfact said:

Prachuap Chokbanthit, 53, the driver of the second bus, said a truck cut in front of him, causing him to swerve to the left to avoid it but the bus hit the road guardrail and overturned.

interpretation - the speeding tour bus was undertaking a truck hogging the outside overtaking lane

Thai roads with lawless lunatics and zero law enforcement = kaos and carnage 

In the west you might hear of serious bus accident once a year - here it is daily

Whether a truck cut him up or not, a contributory factor i think is looking at the photos that appears to be 1 of the top heavy buses the authorities were supposed to be banning.

Sadly a young girl has lost her life, due to a poorly trained driver and what appears to be an illegal bus.

1 hour ago, webfact said:

The first bus that took the group from Nong Bua Lamphu was forced to stop at 4am when one of the right rear wheels broke.

So they were initially happy to send them out with a bus whose wheel had nearly broken ! You cant make this shi# UP !

21 minutes ago, KarlS said:

The double-decker buses running from Phuket to BKK most certainly are not home-made conversions -  Check facts before commenting. 

They are all rolling death traps and moi wouldn't approach one with a proverbial barge pole. 

1 hour ago, colinneil said:

Whether a truck cut him up or not, a contributory factor i think is looking at the photos that appears to be 1 of the top heavy buses the authorities were supposed to be banning.

Sadly a young girl has lost her life, due to a poorly trained driver and what appears to be an illegal bus.

I agree. These buses were made to overturn. As we see all too often here, vehicles will be stacked beyond belief. I am always amazed when I see one of these buses. As if the running gear and frame is enough weight to keep it from being top heavy when it is full of passengers. A single level bus may have remained upright in this instance, not that we know all the details concerning speed and how sharp the swerve was. RIP young lady.

2 hours ago, kingkenny said:

You can see it's happened on a bend looking at the pictures, too fast for the bend, possibly with a swerve. 

Slightly off topic, is it normal to have so many teachers per the number of students on a trip? 

There must have been a free lunch included!

Such a sad, but recurring tragedy.

I am so glad my wife agrees with me that none of our 4 kids will EVER step foot on a bus or other form of vehicle, the aunty on her way back home via the school is about the only person we will allow them to get into a vehicle with if we are running late, because she drives like an old lady, you know the ones that resemble farmer Joe doing 50kmh on the main 80khm road, while school minivans and those other smaller buses are doing 100kmh plus packed with kids.

4 minutes ago, Aussieroaming said:

Very nasty, RIP kid.

I would love to know how many buses travel the roads daily and how many of them are pulled off of the roads for thorough mechanical checks. I will assume not as many as there should be. 

About ZERO, roadside inspections here are a joke, the only thing the cops here are interested in is 2 days of the month, the beginning and the end with their roadside blocks checking rego labels to make their monthly quotas.

The cops and politicians in my opinion contribute to the death tolls because of their lack of care for their countrymen, unfortunately it's the oh mighty baht vs human lives.

4 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

About ZERO, roadside inspections here are a joke, the only thing the cops here are interested in is 2 days of the month, the beginning and the end with their roadside blocks checking rego labels to make their monthly quotas.

The cops and politicians in my opinion contribute to the death tolls because of their lack of care for their countrymen, unfortunately it's the oh mighty baht vs human lives.

Yeah bloody disturbing for anyone using the buses.

As for the so called police and politicians...total waste of oxygen

ALL public vehicles should have front and rear dash cams. And they must function at all times. If it's found to be turned off and there is an accident, the vehicle owner / driver should be hit with a massive fine. But of course its Thailand, so nothing will happen.

4 hours ago, webfact said:

The bus that overturned was in fact a replacement vehicle. The first bus that took the group from Nong Bua Lamphu was forced to stop at 4am when one of the right rear wheels broke.

Well maintained vehicles, top notch drivers.. I feel sorry for the innocent passengers>

I wonder when the government or transport ministry will actually start to feel embarrassed enough to start to do something real!

4 hours ago, Vacuum said:

Using the brakes was of course out of  the question. Should have just hit the truck instead. Why do they always "swerve" and end up hitting a tree, electric pole or like in this case, overturn on tge side of the road?

Install online car cams with GPS and speed alert when the driver don't keep the limit is the only way to reduce accidents like this. 

Another god dam senseless tragedy.  This is the kind of stuff that Gofund would be justified and useful.  Feel so sad for all the families, especially for the girl that left this earth so soon.  RIP!

3 hours ago, Boon Mee said:

They are all rolling death traps and moi wouldn't approach one with a proverbial barge pole. 

A

All vehicles are death traps if not driven correctly. There are tens of thousands of double decker busses around the world that have been driven for decades without such results. A roller skate is a death trap if not used properly. Proper certified maintenance, and proper certified training are the missing factors causing this result...not the type of vehicle.

Archived