Jump to content
Thai Visa Forum

Father, daughter killed on family road trip to Krabi


webfact

Recommended Posts

Father, daughter killed on family road trip to Krabi

By The Nation

 

1552881591538-960x0.jpg

Picture: TNA

 

A family trip ended in tragedy on Monday morning when their car crashed into a tree in Prachuap Khiri Khan, killing the father and daughter and leaving the mother and son injured.

 

The family was on its way from Nakhon Phanom to Krabi when the accident occurred at 8.30am on Phetkasem Road in Bang Saphan district.

 

Weera Prachi, 40, was killed behind the wheel. The impact hurled his daughter, Jiraporn Prachi, 10, to her death.

 

Weera’s wife Orapin Odthon, 36, and son Danusorn Prachi, 13, were in the back seat and sustained injuries of unknown severity.

 

Relatives told police Weera was taking the family to visit Krabi. Police suspect he might have fallen asleep at the wheel.

 

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30366007

 

thenation_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation 2019-03-18
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Just1Voice said:

The impact hurled his daughter, Jiraporn Prachi, 10, to her death.

 

Sitting in the front seat with daddy, and no seat belt to restrain her? 

In my 10 years living and driving in Thailand I can't recall seeing a child properly being restrained in the seat. Worse, I have seen children exiting the car unattended and on top of that banging the door on the car parked next to them. 

 

RIP to the victims, most of the times these can be avoided but TIT.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Aussieroaming said:

I have lived in quite a few countries and I have never seen so many accidents ttributed to either brakes or falling asleep at the wheel. 

 

RIP to the family for this tragedy.

 

 

Now you have.
Travelling from home overnight to reach Ban Suphan Prachuap Khiri Khan which is quite well down the coast my monies on he fell asleep!

Shame he didn't stop for a break for 30 minutes to wake up a bit & feel fresh!

Damn waste of a family now shattered!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Crashed into the central ditch.....probably cut off by an impatient truck changing to the outside lane...quite common on the Hua Hin bypass death road.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ChrisY1 said:

Crashed into the central ditch.....probably cut off by an impatient truck changing to the outside lane...quite common on the Hua Hin bypass death road.

Pure unsubstantiated speculation.  Stick to what you know.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Now you have.
Travelling from home overnight to reach Ban Suphan Prachuap Khiri Khan which is quite well down the coast my monies on he fell asleep!

Shame he didn't stop for a break for 30 minutes to wake up a bit & feel fresh!

Damn waste of a family now shattered!

Maybe he did fall asleep or maybe there was another reason. Looking at the photo with the extent of the damage I would have thought that vehicle has rolled, not just impacted a tree.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...