Thailand Elite Visa flaws my review!

3 minutes ago, Date Masamune said:

If you are below 50 don’t work in Thailand and are not married to a Thai, after 5 year not did have to consider a ED visa and it’s hassles. You did have to traipse around Asia waiting in long lines to get ever elusive tourist visas. You did not line up at 0 dark thirty to at immigration to extend these tourist visas, again and again and again. You were not denied entry to Thailand for false reasons like not having money or coming too many times, even if you held a valid tourist visa.

At the end of 5 years that is what you have, not
“nothing”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fair point.....But still its a lot of money to be paying out to most people...

• Haha 1

It is a lot of money up front.
The way I look at it after the 6 years it works out to 228 baht per day, not a lot of money. I have been looking at it for this year and done my sums so prior to becoming “an elite guest of Thailand” I am going to go for the O-A visa from my own country at least for one year. The reason is to get the elusive Yellow Book for my condo. I don’t care 5 year driving licenses either but not allowed for Elite.

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, flyingsaucersarereal said:

2. I had previously had a 5 year drivers license when I went to get it renewed they would only give me a 2 year license because I don't have a non- immigrant visa. (thought I had a better visa the Thailand Elite "Hi SO" visa. Guess Not!)

This would be the DLT you use wouldn't it ? I cant recall needing to show a non-imm or immigration status to get or renew a license, guys get licenses and renew licenses on visa exempt.

20 minutes ago, quandow said:

The elite visa is for people with too much money and too little brains.

If you're under 50 the options to stay are pretty limited though

I'm considering it as I don't see a better option but would certainly be open to how I could engage my brains more to stay in Thailand full time without marrying a Thai, starting businesses or running the ED gauntlet 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, flyingsaucersarereal said:

So in my humble opinion once you leave the airport you can kiss that Thailand Elite feeling goodby because you are no longer special just a guy that spent a lot of cash.

You are under 50 years old and they let you stay on same favorit conditions as if you were retired, even without the hassle of a 800k baht bank deposit, or proof of 65k baht in monthly overseas income. What are your alternatives..?
????

• Like 1

I'm on the edge of purchasing the PE visa, as I'm 35 and don't qualify for any other visa, been on the metv back to back for the last 4 years, and after doing the maths it works out much cheaper, I am an expat that recieves a salary from an Australian company, I earn a bit over the median income based in Australia, 120k aud so about 2.7 million thb per hwar, so not that much, i have colleagues that earn almost double in my line of work, but that then is a desk job, an unable to work remotely,

500k thb for the PE visa is about 22,200 aud for 5 years, so about $4400 aud per year, that alone aud $4400 is about the cost of a return flight to Sydney and back in business,

I plan on aquiring the PE visa later this year, as I'm honestly tired of traveling back to Australia every year to obtain another metv

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, kmw said:

500k thb for the PE visa is about 22,200 aud for 5 years, so about $4400 aud per year, that alone aud $4400 is about the cost of a return flight to Sydney and back in business,

I plan on aquiring the PE visa later this year, as I'm honestly tired of traveling back to Australia every year to obtain another metv

Looks like about 10K Baht R-T to Sydney and back on google-flights (booked months ahead) - so about 50K Baht for 5 trips.  Of course, you'll need to spend a night there, also.   But, in any case, maybe the other ~420K Baht, is worth paying them off to "be allowed" to continue to spend your money into their country / economy.

Edited by JackThompson
  • Like 1

I didn't see any cockroach's in the detention room last Sunday when they denied me entry for having too many tourist visas.  But the requirement having to fly out via Airasia (the airline I used to fly from the Philippines) was annoying as I had very limited options as I arrived in Bangkok around midnight.  Paid 11,000 for a one way to Kuala Lumpur.  That was the worst part for me.  But I only had to share the detention room with 1 other I think from Singapore.  

I’ll bet your DENIAL of entry stamp is for not having money (even if you did) as there is no law stating the max number of tourist visa entries. Thailand Elite program provides a tourist visa. No reports of their members denied for coming too many times.

3 hours ago, marke985 said:

I didn't see any cockroach's in the detention room last Sunday when they denied me entry for having too many tourist visas.  But the requirement having to fly out via Airasia (the airline I used to fly from the Philippines) was annoying as I had very limited options as I arrived in Bangkok around midnight.  Paid 11,000 for a one way to Kuala Lumpur.  That was the worst part for me.  But I only had to share the detention room with 1 other I think from Singapore.  

And then you were able to come back by land ?

500k for nearly 5-6 years is 80-100k baht a year

1 million for nearly 20-24 years is 40-50k baht a year

if these nationalists stay in for a few more years, lawyers fees will cost more annually for a 12 month stay on many other long stay visas

forget trying to DIY a visa if they stay in power, it will become just less hassle to pay extra for 'others' to try to handle it 

nothing is cheap anymore, money stagnate in accounts etc, the days of getting by on peanuts for a stay of life on this land has been over for a while, thanks illegal nationalists, thanks alot

I'm considering it. Currently on retirement extensions. Sick of their onerous rules. Combo method pretty much dead or too convoluted to risk attempting. 800k under immigration's prying eyes all year. I would happily fly out just to avoid extensions with Elite. Address reports I can handle. 5 minutes.
Do the elite limos from BKK go as far as Pattaya?
If not deal breaker!

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

My thanks to the OP for confirming the Elite Visa is for those people with more money than sense.
No. It's a valid option for some. I am concerned they promised time terms will fully be honored. Does the contract allow them to back out of that later without grounds such as criminal convictions? What about health insurance requirements? Isn't that a risk too that the Elite people will be required if when all long stayers are?

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

2 hours ago, kmw said:

I'm on the edge of purchasing the PE visa, as I'm 35 and don't qualify for any other visa, been on the metv back to back for the last 4 years, and after doing the maths it works out much cheaper, I am an expat that recieves a salary from an Australian company, I earn a bit over the median income based in Australia, 120k aud so about 2.7 million thb per hwar, so not that much, i have colleagues that earn almost double in my line of work, but that then is a desk job, an unable to work remotely,

It makes complete sense in your situation. 5 years of out/in every 90 days would add up to more than the price an Elite. Even if you were just going to KL etc, it would still cost 20-30k per trip, 

• Like 1

Only issue that I know of if the applicant has overstayed, when I enquired they asked me only issues where if I ever overstayed a visa, I have once by one day and copped a 500thb fine, and they said it won't be an issue,

Also on another note another poster said the PE visa was a waste of money, however I need to disagree, I myself am single and 35 years old and don't qualify for any other visa, at aud 4400 this is cheaper for an Australian company per year to sponsor an employee on a work visa and also much less for PR

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, JackThompson said:

Looks like about 10K Baht R-T to Sydney and back on google-flights (booked months ahead) - so about 50K Baht for 5 trips.  Of course, you'll need to spend a night there, also.   But, in any case, maybe the other ~420K Baht, is worth paying them off to "be allowed" to continue to spend your money into their country / economy.

10k would be scoot via Singapore with only carry on, Qantas or Thai, the only direct flights, would be 20-30k. The taxis at either end would probably be 5-10k