BANGKOK 18 April 2019 23:20
flyingsaucersarereal

Thailand Elite Visa flaws my review!

3 minutes ago, Date Masamune said:

If you are below 50 don’t work in Thailand and are not married to a Thai, after 5 year not did have to consider a ED visa and it’s hassles. You did have to traipse around Asia waiting in long lines to get ever elusive tourist visas. You did not line up at 0 dark thirty to at immigration to extend these tourist visas, again and again and again. You were not denied entry to Thailand for false reasons like not having money or coming too many times, even if you held a valid tourist visa.

At the end of 5 years that is what you have, not
“nothing”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fair point.....But still its a lot of money to be paying out to most people...

• Haha 1

It is a lot of money up front.
The way I look at it after the 6 years it works out to 228 baht per day, not a lot of money. I have been looking at it for this year and done my sums so prior to becoming “an elite guest of Thailand” I am going to go for the O-A visa from my own country at least for one year. The reason is to get the elusive Yellow Book for my condo. I don’t care 5 year driving licenses either but not allowed for Elite.

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, flyingsaucersarereal said:

2. I had previously had a 5 year drivers license when I went to get it renewed they would only give me a 2 year license because I don't have a non- immigrant visa. (thought I had a better visa the Thailand Elite "Hi SO" visa. Guess Not!)

This would be the DLT you use wouldn't it ? I cant recall needing to show a non-imm or immigration status to get or renew a license, guys get licenses and renew licenses on visa exempt.

20 minutes ago, quandow said:

The elite visa is for people with too much money and too little brains.

If you're under 50 the options to stay are pretty limited though

I'm considering it as I don't see a better option but would certainly be open to how I could engage my brains more to stay in Thailand full time without marrying a Thai, starting businesses or running the ED gauntlet 

Several off topic inflammatory and nonsensical posts and replies to them have been removed.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, flyingsaucersarereal said:

So in my humble opinion once you leave the airport you can kiss that Thailand Elite feeling goodby because you are no longer special just a guy that spent a lot of cash.

You are under 50 years old and they let you stay on same favorit conditions as if you were retired, even without the hassle of a 800k baht bank deposit, or proof of 65k baht in monthly overseas income. What are your alternatives..?
🙂

• Like 1