International Bank Transfer or Credit Card

Hi guys

I am wanting to do an international transfer but i am have troubles from my thai bank, or credit cards (citi, amex) as my bank is making me jump through hoops and it takes two weeks. 

the problem i discovered with my credit cards is that they dont authorize any transactions into forex brokers or anything foreign exchange related.

I have been told i can use Skrill, as ideally i would fund with credit then pay off credit card

not sure if anyone has any suggestions

thank you

I have posted this several times on a few places.

IF you have a THAI BANK ACCOUNT and a AMERICAN Bank account the easiest way for ""ME"" to transfer money to Thailand is:

Go INSIDE the THAI bank where you have your THAI bank account, go to a teller, give them your FOREIGN DEBIT or FOREIGN CREDIT card  with instructions to deposit the monies DIRECTLY into YOUR BANK ACCOUNT - at my bank they enter the money as XXXXXXTHB in the card machine.

Note: I use XE Currency converter as my ==> exchange cost GUIDELINE

I have found this is the easiest way and most economical way for ""ME"". My last transfer for example: At MY Thai bank I transfered 21000 THB from my US bank ( to buy a new TV ) to my "households expense" account.

XE QUOTE for 21,000THB $668.43USD ... Used as a rate comparison ONLY.

MY COST for 21,000THB transfered and deposited $670.45USD.
This includes all bank fees and exchange charges. (==>> done in under 5 minutes <<==) $2.02USD TOTAL charges. I have never had total charges exceed $5.00USD over the XE Exchange rate.

NOTE: I have a Senior Citizen checking account in the US, this might be a factor, MY card is tied to this account.

I went outside my Thai bank, withdrew 17,500THB at the ATM, now I am watching my new TV using it as a Android box 55 inch monitor ) as I wrote this a few days ago.

DO A ....{{{{ TEST TRANSFER }}}}.... of 10,000THB ( I suggest this amount ) to compare ""YOUR"" charges.

OTHER countries give it a shot.

NOTE: YOUR foreign bank might have a ..transfer limit.., this was a factor the first few times for me.

Here's some information from TRANSFERWISE, an exceptional service provider:

Check the latest fees for however you use TransferWise. For a selection of currencies, you can pay for your transfer by debit or credit card. We can accept Visa, MasterCard and some Maestro cards that have a 16 digit card number. Like a bank transfer, the money must come from your own bank account.

28 minutes ago, edwardflory said:

IF you have a THAI BANK ACCOUNT and a AMERICAN Bank account the easiest way for ""ME"" to transfer money to Thailand is:

Go INSIDE the THAI bank where you have your THAI bank account, go to a teller, give them your FOREIGN DEBIT or FOREIGN CREDIT card  with instructions to deposit the monies DIRECTLY into YOUR BANK ACCOUNT - at my bank they enter the money as XXXXXXTHB in the card machine.

I have found this is the easiest way and most economical way for ""ME"". My last transfer for example: At MY Thai bank I transfered 21000 THB from my US bank ( to buy a new TV ) to my "households expense" account.

This includes all bank fees and exchange charges. (==>> done in under 5 minutes <<==) $2.02USD TOTAL charges. I have never had total charges exceed $5.00USD over the XE Exchange rate.

NOTE: I have a Senior Citizen checking account in the US, this might be a factor, MY card is tied to this account.

I went outside my Thai bank, withdrew 17,500THB at the ATM, now I am watching my new TV using it as a Android box 55 inch monitor ) as I wrote this a few days ago.

DO A ....{{{{ TEST TRANSFER }}}}.... of 10,000THB ( I suggest this amount ) to compare ""YOUR"" charges.

NOTE: YOUR foreign bank might have a ..transfer limit.., this was a factor the first few times for me.

Thank you very much for the most helpful information. From the UK myself but will give it a go with my current account debit card and my no cash advance fee credit card.

10 hours ago, edwardflory said:

That's certainly fantastic information!!! ... would you mind telling us the name of the Thai Bank you use? ... Thank you in advance for this great info????

On 3/18/2019 at 8:41 AM, Neurotic Trader said:

I have been told i can use Skrill, as ideally i would fund with credit then pay off credit card

I would not touch SKRILL if I were you. A friend of mine has an account with them. He has over 750,000 Baht in his account which they suddenly blocked his access to. He has lived in Thailand for over 10 years. Suddenly they make demands as to the type of Visa and Work Permit he should have under their assumption that he might be money laundering. His situation has been going on now for over a year and he still hasn't got his money. Out of common sense, he now has 2 other accounts for receiving income from abroad. Beware SKRILL could Kill your wealth.

10 hours ago, William C F Pierce said:

I would not touch SKRILL if I were you. A friend of mine has an account with them. He has over 750,000 Baht in his account which they suddenly blocked his access to. He has lived in Thailand for over 10 years. Suddenly they make demands as to the type of Visa and Work Permit he should have under their assumption that he might be money laundering. His situation has been going on now for over a year and he still hasn't got his money. Out of common sense, he now has 2 other accounts for receiving income from abroad. Beware SKRILL could Kill your wealth.

thats what i want to avoid i dont trust this place as far as i can throw it

On 3/20/2019 at 10:16 AM, edwardflory said:

Thanks for your reply. I no longer have my countries bank i closed it all and moved it to thai which was a big mistake. but i will work it out and thank you for your reply

22 minutes ago, Neurotic Trader said:

Thanks for your reply. I no longer have my countries bank i closed it all and moved it to thai which was a big mistake. but i will work it out and thank you for your reply

So you're trying to transfer money INTO Thailand... Or transfer OUT of Thailand???

3 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

So you're trying to transfer money INTO Thailand... Or transfer OUT of Thailand???

Indeed, i commented of the vagueness of the OP from the very beginning. Yet still no actual details forthcoming....

3 minutes ago, JamJar said:

Indeed, i commented of the vagueness of the OP from the very beginning. Yet still no actual details forthcoming....

Since the OP later mentioned having given up his home country bank account(s), it made me wonder.. Since his comments about problems seemed to be focused on his dealings with his local banks  / credit card companies here.

In case he's still reading here, the methods for getting money OUT of Thailand are considerably different than getting money INTO Thailand... Transferwise is only for getting money IN... Other services like DeeMoney are for sending money OUT.

Archived