Urgent help with visa extension VOID !

Me and my girlfriend went into Thailand with 30 days visa exempt. I am Western she is Vietnamese.

Went to Samui to do extension 30 days.

i got 30 more, she got 7+VOID = someone put the date for 30 days extension(till 26 April) then officer said “her country has different rules” and after conversation with his friends put red VOID on this date. (Are those really the rules???) and another stamp with earlier - 7 days stamp.

PROBLEM :

We already applied for ED visa a week ago in Phangan. Her visa now finish at 2 April, and our ED visa papers will only arrive around a week later from the school in KP.

We don’t want to separate- the plan was to pick the ED papers here together around 10-15 April and go to LAOS together.

if we leave now together school will have to mail the ED papers to Laos (another week) and we have to wait in Laos 2-3 weeks (yak!)

Is her only option is a visa run to Malaysia for another 30 days? (So we can leave together at the end of April with the papers)? How long this visa run takes? Is it safe enough for her doing it again now only after a month with a strange void ? (Our first visa exempt in past year).

Can we complain to them ? It sounds like the rules are 30 days for her. (Guess no one will listen)

Tired, so tired ????

thanks.

It is a bit of gray area for Vietnamese getting the 30 day extension since they fall under both the bilateral agreement and the standard visa exempt schemes. 

Those under a bilateral agreement do not qualify for the 30 day extension.

image.png.61e3e7792fcf8ba6b72b4148d97adbe7.png

Source: http://www.consular.go.th/main/contents/filemanager/VISA/Visa on Arrival/VOA.pdf

You could try talking to immigration about it. I am aware of Vietnamese getting the 30 day extension.

The only choice may be for her to get another visa exempt entry. It should not be a problem to get another one. 

Not sure where the nearest location for a border run is. Some people go to Ranong for a crossing to Myanmar.

If they wanted to say that she is under a bilateral agreement for visa exempt entries there would be no two entry limit at land border crossings.

Should we email them? Chances are zero right? They already gave her the 30 and void it , why?

Someone said the Paeng(Malaysia) border will not issue a visa exempt only tourist visas? Is it a long trip from KP?

thanks.

4 minutes ago, Rob4 said:

Should we email them? Chances are zero right? They already gave her the 30 and void it , why?

Someone said the Paeng(Malaysia) border will not issue a visa exempt only tourist visas? Is it a long trip from KP?

thanks.

You have been misinformed.

Tourist visas are only issued by Thai Embassies/Consulates they cannot be obtained from border points. 

2 minutes ago, Rob4 said:

Talking to them about it in person would be best. Ask them about Vietnam being on both visa exempt lists. Perhaps print out the info that is in Thai and English.

Evidently the did the extension stamp and they noticed her nationality so they canceled it.

2 minutes ago, Rob4 said:

thanks.

Penang is a consulate not a border crossing.

The nearest crossings to Malaysia are the Sadao and Pedang Baser crossings in Hat Yai province. Both of them often tell people they have to remain overnight in Malaysia to get a new visa exempt entry.

• Like 2

Thanks guys.

i understand completely the differences between SETV and exempt.

i heard that on the border in Malaysia or Burma , she will not get another 30 days exempt, only on airports.

Not sure it’s true but a well known agency told me that and didn’t want to take money.

We will try to get the ED papers faster to leave together to Laos and do it.

Is there a place to check if there are more special ridiculous rules only for Vietnamese that may deny her ED visa? Maybe they are not allowed to get an ED or need to show proofs that they have heart and liver to get it? (Sounds very racist).

Is there a case they changed their decision about extension/visa?

Can we officially complain about this extension decision to someone ? 

we are so tired.

Edited by Rob4

17 minutes ago, Rob4 said:

i heard that on the border in Malaysia or Burma , she will not get another 30 days exempt, only on airports.

What was the reason they gave for saying that? She can get a a 30 day entry by land or air.

Is there a place to check if there are more special ridiculous rules only for Vietnamese that may deny her ED visa? Maybe they are not allowed to get an ED or need to show proofs that they have heart and liver to get it? (Sounds very racist).

There are no special rules. No problem for her to the non-ed visa.

Is there a case they changed their decision about extension/visa?

Yes

Can we officially complain about this extension decision to someone ? 

Yes by calling the immigration bureau using 1178.

Thank you !

Say I call them , explain, and they understand (I tried to do that there and he said gently “those are laws for Vietnam”) they can’t erase the VOID from her passport right? What’s a good outcome?

Can you direct me to an official link and number to complain? What should I based my complain on ?what should I say?

”what are her chances to get the ED” ? I don’t know anymore ???? the previous comment said there shouldn’t be a problem. You asked me or do you have a doubt?

Edited by Rob4

37 minutes ago, Yme said:

Nothing nusual here. Neighbouring countries have the same rules for Asean citizens entering, reentering, extending, and staying.

They don't all have the same rules. It is different for each country in ASEAN.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rob4 said:

How can I check if she must ask the ED visa in her own country? Is there any official website that tell that?

they say some countries must ask ED in their home town.

You will not find anything since there is no rule that states that. Who is saying that she cannot get one in Vientiane.

Those from some countries cannot apply for a visa anywhere other than their home country or country of legal residence.

Thanks, so we sent them message because the Laos immigration website says clearly that some countries can not get visa outside their country. They said she can get it in Laos.

We just worried that this VOID on her 7 days extension will look bad in Laos for the ED. (We where told by the Saigon embassy that she indeed deserves a 30 days extension)

12 hours ago, Rob4 said:

Thanks, so we sent them message because the Laos immigration website says clearly that some countries can not get visa outside their country. They said she can get it in Laos.

What they have on their site is for tourist visas and is probably out of date since it is dated April of 2013. I can recall reports of Vietnamese getting tourist visas there.

The one on the embassy in Malaysia is dated February of last year. http://www.thaiembassy.org/kualalumpur/contents/images/text_editor/files/listed country 2018_2.pdf

An earlier one had Cambodia on it and possibley Vietnam as well.

I would not worry about the voided extension stamp. I am sure they will not even notice it or would not care since it was done by immigration. 

15 hours ago, Rob4 said:

We just worried that this VOID on her 7 days extension will look bad in Laos for the ED. (We where told by the Saigon embassy that she indeed deserves a 30 days extension)

This is not known to be an issue with the consulate for obtaining new Visas.  There are some different "remark stamps" on Tourist Visas which cause problems for Tourist type visas, but even those do not affect getting ED Visas there.

Wow , they are so hard ! 

What is wrong with these Thai people ??

Flights being canceled, delayed, people get sick, things can happen in less than 24 hours .

So I have to set the appointment with a safety area of another day, means stay longer in this hole Vientiane.

Really close to give up everything. Seems like a big money machine.

Just wow.

(not to mention that who every wrote the software for their website is not so smart, since for already a day I can simply not log in and have no support)

Edited by Rob4