BANGKOK 23 May 2019 05:52
Rob4

Urgent help with visa extension VOID !

Thanks, so we sent them message because the Laos immigration website says clearly that some countries can not get visa outside their country. They said she can get it in Laos.

We just worried that this VOID on her 7 days extension will look bad in Laos for the ED. (We where told by the Saigon embassy that she indeed deserves a 30 days extension)

12 hours ago, Rob4 said:

Thanks, so we sent them message because the Laos immigration website says clearly that some countries can not get visa outside their country. They said she can get it in Laos.

What they have on their site is for tourist visas and is probably out of date since it is dated April of 2013. I can recall reports of Vietnamese getting tourist visas there.

The one on the embassy in Malaysia is dated February of last year. http://www.thaiembassy.org/kualalumpur/contents/images/text_editor/files/listed country 2018_2.pdf

An earlier one had Cambodia on it and possibley Vietnam as well.

I would not worry about the voided extension stamp. I am sure they will not even notice it or would not care since it was done by immigration. 

15 hours ago, Rob4 said:

We just worried that this VOID on her 7 days extension will look bad in Laos for the ED. (We where told by the Saigon embassy that she indeed deserves a 30 days extension)

This is not known to be an issue with the consulate for obtaining new Visas.  There are some different "remark stamps" on Tourist Visas which cause problems for Tourist type visas, but even those do not affect getting ED Visas there.

Thanks a lot. Will update what happened.

If you set up an appoitment and miss it due to flights/buses/ferry being late, do you have to wait again for another week or so ?

28 minutes ago, Rob4 said:

Thanks a lot. Will update what happened.

If you set up an appoitment and miss it due to flights/buses/ferry being late, do you have to wait again for another week or so ?

The website states this.

image.png.9924ba5d6697e3a43ab06a6be88bedc0.png

Source FAQ's here: https://thaivisavientiane.com/#

Posted (edited)

Wow , they are so hard ! 

What is wrong with these Thai people ??

Flights being canceled, delayed, people get sick, things can happen in less than 24 hours .

So I have to set the appointment with a safety area of another day, means stay longer in this hole Vientiane.

Really close to give up everything. Seems like a big money machine.

Just wow.

(not to mention that who every wrote the software for their website is not so smart, since for already a day I can simply not log in and have no support)

Edited by Rob4