motorbike transport service Pattaya to Bangkok

likerdup1

Looking to get a service to take my motorbike from Pattaya to Bangkok.

I did the ride once before and can't be bothered with another trip. To much on a small bike. Anyone have any ideas? thanks kindly for informed answers.

17 hours ago, Agusts said:

but come on, it's just a two hour trip, get on it

Have you seen the weather forecast?

37 C (99 F) in the making for Bangkok.

Yesterday drove to the barber, 3 km at 38 C.

Enough :biggrin:

6 hours ago, BBJ said:

There is a guy Called Christian Arthur Richards.  He's transported my bike twice.  You can find him on FB 

Thanks, he is booked already otherwise I would have used his service, but I found another moving service that will take my things, myself and my bike in one trip for a bit more money. They are based out of Bangkok. Christian quoted a good price though, better than the Bangkok service.

I appreciate your suggestion,  after all it was the simplest and quickest solution for my move to BKK.

Cheers!

On 3/18/2019 at 8:04 PM, Agusts said:

If under 150cc can do both train or post office... but come on, it's just a two hour trip, get on it , squeeze the throttle and you will be there, have some adventure...! 

The Train from Pattaya station doesn't take bikes. I went over there yesterday and asked the station master.... Mai Dai !! Mai Dai... oh well. Yes the Post will do it but the bike has to be shipped out of Banglumung Post Office in Naklua... too much hassle because has to be packed etc... but the price is not bad 1200THB + packing 300THB

1 hour ago, likerdup1 said:

The Train from Pattaya station doesn't take bikes. I went over there yesterday and asked the station master.... Mai Dai !! Mai Dai... oh well. Yes the Post will do it but the bike has to be shipped out of Banglumung Post Office in Naklua... too much hassle because has to be packed etc... but the price is not bad 1200THB + packing 300THB

By the time you've messed around at both ends, packing and unpacking etc. you could have ridden it there for about 150 Baht petrol. Why not just do it early on a Sunday morning when Bangkok is quiet, leave at sunrise when it's nice and cool, take it steady and have Brekkie in Bangkok about 9am. I did Bangkok to Korat at Songkran last year on a little KSR110 (so I could cut through the traffic), about 250 kms and it was pretty enjoyable.

2 hours ago, JonnyF said:

By the time you've messed around at both ends, packing and unpacking etc. you could have ridden it there for about 150 Baht petrol. Why not just do it early on a Sunday morning when Bangkok is quiet, leave at sunrise when it's nice and cool, take it steady and have Brekkie in Bangkok about 9am. I did Bangkok to Korat at Songkran last year on a little KSR110 (so I could cut through the traffic), about 250 kms and it was pretty enjoyable.

What make and model of bike were you riding? BTW no thanks for your Non answer to my post. Not looking for people to try to convince others how cool they are for riding long distances on a bike. I am not looking for encouragement to ride my 125 CC twist and go for 3 hours in heavy traffic at high speeds on unfamiliar roads. I've done the trip already on a 125CC Nouvo. No thanks, I'll ship it and ride it in town for short trips when I get it there.

On 3/18/2019 at 8:04 PM, Agusts said:

If under 150cc can do both train or post office... but come on, it's just a two hour trip, get on it , squeeze the throttle and you will be there, have some adventure...! 

I've done it already last time I made the move from Pattaya to Bangkok in 2015 ... I rode on the same make and model of bike. It was a hassle.. didn't care for the long ride.

Anyways, as you can see in my post I was asking for suggestions on how to ship the bike... not looking for encouragement to ride it to Bangkok from Pattaya. No thanks for absolutely no answer to my question.

On 3/19/2019 at 1:36 PM, Kinnock said:

Size matters - I've done that trip many times on 300cc and larger bikes, and it was fine, did it once on 110cc and thought I was never going to get there.

Train or post - good idea.

It certainly does... I'm not looking to do it again on my 125CC Nouvo. Been there done that and hated it. Give me a big bike and I'll do it. My friend routinely makes the trip on his 1000cc Honda.. no problem. 125cc Nouvo.. NO THANKS!

On 3/18/2019 at 4:51 PM, dabhand said:

Would the train be an option? Maybe enquire at the train station in East Pattaya.

Made the inquiry. They do not accept bikes from Pattaya to Bangkok on the once a day 2pm train.

I drove from Bangkok to Chaing Mai on an aerox scooter in under 12 hours and back a week later. Nobody died. As someone else said the time you spend enquiring different places and replying on the forum you could have driven there and back 2 times and save yourself a couple thousand baht. As suggested just go very early in the morning leave a bit before the sunrise and you won't experience so much traffic. Man up, it's just 150km.

1 hour ago, hello55060 said:

I drove from Bangkok to Chaing Mai on an aerox scooter in under 12 hours and back a week later. Nobody died. As someone else said the time you spend enquiring different places and replying on the forum you could have driven there and back 2 times and save yourself a couple thousand baht. As suggested just go very early in the morning leave a bit before the sunrise and you won't experience so much traffic. Man up, it's just 150km.

Yea Man up, right. Some of you guys make me laugh... Man up.. LOL! ... I asked about a delivery service not for a pep talk on how I should just drive the bike again to Bangkok WHICH I DON'T WANT TO DO!

I prefer to spend a couple thousand baht (which is nothing to me) and have it waiting for me at my condo in BKK. I make 3000THB an hour sitting at a desk. No need to pound my ass into the ground for 3 hours choking on exhaust and dodging uneducated Thai car, truck, bus and other bikes to save a couple thousand baht.

I found a moving service (suggested by someone actually trying to be helpful here) that will take me, my belongings and the bike for 4000THB. I will ride comfortably in a cab and have someone load and unload the bike and my belongings for me. Some of you guys can't read.. I asked about a motorbike delivery service. Not for advice on how to "Man up" whatever the hell that is... over and out.. LOL!!!

7 minutes ago, hello55060 said:

It means to grow a pair and just drive 2-3 hours on the road and again traffic can be avoided if you time it right. Glad to hear you got it sorted anyway and sorry If I touched a nerve.

You didn't touch a nerve, and sorry to be blunt. But you are not being helpful. You are suggesting that I don't have the balls to make the ride. I have done it before. I don't want to do it again.. it is a waste of my time! If you have no money and lots of time you do it. I have money and don't want to waste my time so I will pay somebody to do it.  who is manning up now?

On 3/18/2019 at 4:42 PM, robblok said:

I heard you can send it by post, if its under 150cc I believe.

Can do, recent experience with Thailand Post, send bike from Chiang Mai to 20 km outside Pattaya.

Initial discussions with the CM post office guy who handles this very positive, focused and pleasant.

They picked up the bike, delivered correctly 6 days later, to specified address. Main PO in Nth Pattaya called a day in advance and 1 hour before delivery to the door. Nothing damaged or scratched, 10/10.

Bigger Honda bike, all up 2,500Baht. 

14 minutes ago, hello55060 said:

It means to grow a pair and just drive 2-3 hours on the road and again traffic can be avoided if you time it right. Glad to hear you got it sorted anyway and sorry If I touched a nerve.

Not your call to tell anybody to man up...

Maybe a poster has medical difficulties, you don't know and I don't know, and that's not really the point anyway.

You should apologize for your rudeness. 

I am happy to apologise to the OP if my post came across a bit strong. It wasn't intended to be nasty or malicious. 

The OP seems to be a high flyer bragging about earning 3000 Baht an hour doing nothing at his desk, so I hardly think it's a medical condition and he did state he had done the trip previously and never once stated he couldn't. So I like most in here made a fair assumption that it wasn't down to health reasons and noted the OP saying because of too hot, traffic and it's just a scooter (which don't really change much and 2 can be avoided). And if there's traffic which is better...having a big bike that can go 200kmph or having a scooter than can filter easy. Traffic can be avoided if go early and the scooter factor that his bike can go 110kmph doesn't matter that much, who blasts at those speeds for a long time anyway in Thailand unless you're Thai.

It seemed like they were pretty poor excuses, which is why I used the term just "man up" and it's a lot less hassle than having to go to effort of emptying all the gasoline out the tank as they won't ship with it, or trusting them to do it for you properly, find a company that can pack it safely and makes sure it's not damaged on arrival. Rather than make a trip for a couple of hours.

Obviously, the OP doesn't care about the money side, but it seems easy and more convenient if I was in his shoes just wake up one morning and drive it myself, each to their own of course. Even if I had 100 million baht sat in the bank I would still rather drive it for my own peace of mind for a couple of hours.

14 hours ago, hello55060 said:

I am happy to apologise to the OP if my post came across a bit strong. It wasn't intended to be nasty or malicious. 

Real men never apoligise when people choose to misconstrue their comments ✔️

17 hours ago, hello55060 said:

The OP seems to be a high flyer bragging about earning 3000 Baht an hour doing nothing at his desk, so I hardly think it's a medical condition and he did state he had done the trip previously and never once stated he couldn't. So I like most in here made a fair assumption that it wasn't down to health reasons and noted the OP saying because of too hot, traffic and it's just a scooter (which don't really change much and 2 can be avoided). And if there's traffic which is better...having a big bike that can go 200kmph or having a scooter than can filter easy. Traffic can be avoided if go early and the scooter factor that his bike can go 110kmph doesn't matter that much, who blasts at those speeds for a long time anyway in Thailand unless you're Thai.

It seemed like they were pretty poor excuses, which is why I used the term just "man up" and it's a lot less hassle than having to go to effort of emptying all the gasoline out the tank as they won't ship with it, or trusting them to do it for you properly, find a company that can pack it safely and makes sure it's not damaged on arrival. Rather than make a trip for a couple of hours.

Obviously, the OP doesn't care about the money side, but it seems easy and more convenient if I was in his shoes just wake up one morning and drive it myself, each to their own of course. Even if I had 100 million baht sat in the bank I would still rather drive it for my own peace of mind for a couple of hours.

None of that gives you any right to post what you did, and further your personal desire to drive the m.cycle Pattaya to Bangkok is irrelevant and is no reason to write rude comments and pass strong opinions about the way others choose to do things. 

But we don't need to know about the Op's supposed income strategy. Posturing of the most vulgar kind. 

For the record there is a train from Pattaya to Bangkok. But that will involve trips to the station. 

Your local songtaew driver may also do it . I know they will tow broken cars to Bangkok. :whistling:

On 3/21/2019 at 7:35 PM, likerdup1 said:

Yea Man up, right. Some of you guys make me laugh... Man up.. LOL! ... I asked about a delivery service not for a pep talk on how I should just drive the bike again to Bangkok WHICH I DON'T WANT TO DO!

I prefer to spend a couple thousand baht (which is nothing to me) and have it waiting for me at my condo in BKK. I make 3000THB an hour sitting at a desk. No need to pound my ass into the ground for 3 hours choking on exhaust and dodging uneducated Thai car, truck, bus and other bikes to save a couple thousand baht.

I found a moving service (suggested by someone actually trying to be helpful here) that will take me, my belongings and the bike for 4000THB. I will ride comfortably in a cab and have someone load and unload the bike and my belongings for me. Some of you guys can't read.. I asked about a motorbike delivery service. Not for advice on how to "Man up" whatever the hell that is... over and out.. LOL!!!

What's the moving company, if I may ask?

Archived