BANGKOK 19 April 2019 17:42
myshem

Beef bones for dogs, where can you find them ? checked all major supermarkets

hello,

it seems hard to find beef bones for dogs, can you tell me where you find them ?

Or maybe pork bones are not the best but they are acceptable raw for dogs ?

Thanks.

Try a relationship with a restaurant that specializes in pork ribs and/or steaks.

As written in post #3, you have to look at the markets in the morning where the butchers sell beef products. You might have to ask and order (might need picture and/or dictionary).

The butchers "slaughterhouses" are usually outside populated areas and a bit more difficult to find here in upcountry. Where do you live?

Can't remember having seen significant amounts at supermarkets.

Don't feed raw pork bones even if they are easy to find (Makro usually has plenty).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Don't feed raw pork bones even if they are easy to find (Makro usually has plenty).

All bones are OK for healthy dogs, but they must be RAW!!!! Never ever give cooked, baked, fried bones to your dog.

Arjen

• Like 1

5 hours ago, johng said:

Tried Macro ?

yes, many branches in BKK, PATTAYA, and more places, but no beef bones.

30 minutes ago, Arjen said:

All bones are OK for healthy dogs, but they must be RAW!!!! Never ever give cooked, baked, fried bones to your dog.

Arjen

Sorry but it's wrong, the only really safe bones are beef, but yes my dog is still ok wit pork bones, until he is not...

9 hours ago, myshem said:

Sorry but it's wrong, the only really safe bones are beef, but yes my dog is still ok wit pork bones, until he is not...

I do not want to discuss about this. We prefer also beef bones. And we buy them from the market. We must order them, and then a few days later we get a big bag full with mostly legs, but also ribs and spines. I keep[ them a few months in the freezer to kill worms.

Anyway, I think your best bet is a local wet/fresh market.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Other goodies at the market today :biggrin:

Tail and ear might be a good "toy" to chew on?

20190319_063716.jpg

What my wife buys has a lot of meat attached.

I was too late to take a picture of the complete piece.\

But I think it's breastbone(?).

20190319_064110.jpg

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

I buy NZ legs of lamb from Makro, and get them to slice it up for my dogs - so they get both meat and bone.

Edit - Trying to find reasonably priced NZ sourced beef with bone, is very difficult, and normally far more expensive.

Edited by dick dasterdly
  • Confused 1

19 hours ago, dick dasterdly said:

I buy NZ legs of lamb from Makro, and get them to slice it up for my dogs - so they get both meat and bone.

Edit - Trying to find reasonably priced NZ sourced beef with bone, is very difficult, and normally far more expensive.

Let me see if I understand you correctly... You buy NZ lamb & feed it to your dog ??? I guess you're a regular lottery winner !

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, malt25 said:

Let me see if I understand you correctly... You buy NZ lamb & feed it to your dog ??? I guess you're a regular lottery winner !

😀 I wish I was a regular lottery winner!  Unfortunately, I'm just an ordinary person - who spends FAR more on food (I trust) for my dogs than myself!

I'm probably being neurotic about it, but I don't trust Thai meat to not be full of hormones etc. ☹️.

Yes, NZ lamb is a lot more expensive than Thai meat - but minced NZ lamb and 'bone in leg' lamb is the cheapest alternative.  IIRC, minced NZ lamb is around 300 bht per kilo, and bone in leg lamb is around 250 bht per kilo.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1