Experienced compensation after accident?

I had accident on the street. Driver in car hit me and my friend in motorbike. Police report: car driver fault. Insurance company investigate (from the driver) who was the driver from car (two people in car). They take us to hospital - I have to cover all expenses with hospital for now (my health insurence is shit - they change rules this year after many years when was ok). 

My question is - what I should do - wait for insurance company work, they let me know and they cover my hospital and give me money for my body injured, pain etc? 
Or I should contact insurance company and tell them my expectations, Or find company here to get help?

Do anybody have experience with this and get the money? I read I need to go to court to get money, so is not possible get money straight from the insurance company? 

Nobody contact with me yet about this, do companies here work with case like that for success fee or I need to pay first? 

The car probably had compulsary insurance, so for the medical costs you should claim from them, here is explained how to do this: Step_claim_eng.png

As you can see the hospital could have claimed the money directly from the insurance company, there was no need to pay out of your own pocket (if less than 80k THB)

For property damage and medical costs over 80k THB you will have to contact the driver and his insurance company.

thank you jackdd

my case is littlebit different 
Im out of hospital now and I covered everything by myself. I will go to hospital two times more for tests and change dressing. 

Have more questions now:

1) Can I still get the money this way? I just should tell hospital to claim money for me?

2) If hospital costs was arround 35K THB for now can I claim for example destroyed clothes and shoes from accident, physicall pain, discomfort (no sleep at night), can't exercise at the gym and missed travel still in this hospital up to 80K THB? 

from what understand correct this infographic mean about claim compensation from MY insurance company? If yes then thay rejected and I can get some money after comeback to europe but nothing is guaranted - about that I have to wait 2 months until I back to europe. But if mean about get compensation from driver I can tell the hospital to make the process for me. Let me know please. 

1) If you paid already, you will have to claim by yourself, so complete the documents as requested and submit them. I would call the hotline and ask what exactly you have to do, or check if they have an office near you, then maybe they can help you there to complete everything: http://www.rvp.co.th/

2) Only medical costs, everything else would have to be claimed from the person who caused the accident.

This is the compulsary insurance, which every vehicle in Thailand should have. So you and the other person both have this insurance.

If only compulsory insurance was held by both parties then costs are shared between the two parties. For medical purposes there's a limit of around 30,000 THB per policy. If the police were involved (and directing the proceedings), nothing will be paid until all parties agree and someone has been charged and fined.

Archived