Intensive Thai language classes (not courses)?

Nastya

Hello hello, I am new, from England (and originally Russia) )))

I searched the forum, but didn’t find much information about what are the best intensive Thai language classes in Bangkok. I don’t mean courses with fixed syllabus, but something like teacher will be alone with me (or only 1-2 other students), for 8 hours a day, every day, and cover lots of material, do lots of hard exercises (that’s my best method for studying languages, I like long time at once, not short time many times).

Does any school offer such service? Do you have any experience? What are the best ones? What are the costs?

I will be in Bankok and prefer if place is near BTS or MRT (easy travel), but flexible if not many choices are available!

Kopkunkaaa

1 minute ago, moontang said:

Plenty of teachers offering lessons on Craigslist.  Just avoid the visa mills.

1 minute ago, moontang said:

Plenty of teachers offering lessons on Craigslist.  Just avoid the visa mills.

Thank you so much for your reply Moontag :)))) !!!!

What do you mean “visa mills”? They don’t give real visa support?

Do you have any recommendations about schools with good quality one-on-one teachers? Or are they all independent freelancers on Craigslist?

I studied Chinese in the past at a private language school with one-on-one teacher every day (with one teacher alone) and they arranged my visa without any problems. So I hope to find similar thing in Thailand too...

By the way, I don’t need a visa for short time, but if private school can give me visa then I could stay long time.

I think you would save money hiring a freelancer..they have places to meet, or will come to you.  I took a course at a language school and there were a few teachers in there, who were working on Ed visas, and coming late, if at all, and just not focussed on the course...sill pretty decent, but I am not paying to hear backpacker drama, and there was some of that too.  Labor is cheap, here; teachers are labor..

I will add, I used to live by CMU, and those girls speak so clearly,,,much easier to recognize the words, even if you dont know their meaning.  But, that is a general characteristic of well educated people...so look out for mumblers or mice, and the universities are good places to look to find somebody for 200 per hour, who might be great.  I dont  think the language school teachers are the same caliber people as at the better unis, but their english might be a tiny bit better.  Much more to it than being a professional teacher.

Archived