PM Prayut touts village fund

webfact

PM touts village fund

By The Nation

e594abeec4fce6251eb60f0e3989f712.jpeg

Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha yesterday chaired the opening of the “National Fund for People ... Reduce Poverty and Inequality” forum, along with Deputy PM Somkid Jatusripitak, PM’s Office Minister Suwapan Tanyuwattana and Director of the National Village and Urban Community Fund Office Natee Klibthong.

In his opening speech, the PM said that over the past three years, the government had injected more than Bt70 billion into the National Village Fund for about 200,000 projects. He claimed it would bring Bt39 billion in cash flow to the economy and Bt8.5 billion in profit to the communities. 

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30366064

thenation_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation 2019-03-19

3 hours ago, webfact said:

He claimed it would bring Bt39 billion in cash flow to the economy and Bt8.5 billion in profit to the communities.

promises,claims versus results: how has this military government done over the past 5 years ?

3 hours ago, webfact said:

He claimed it would bring Bt39 billion in cash flow to the economy and Bt8.5 billion in profit to the communities. 

No,no it  didn't, in my  village it  just brought more corruption and now we  have no head of village because him and his  team stole it

6 minutes ago, gunderhill said:

No,no it  didn't, in my  village it  just brought more corruption and now we  have no head of village because him and his  team stole it

And there you have it. Money passed down to village leaders that will never be accounted for and very unlikely to ever get to the regular citizen. Corruption all the way down to the local level, everyone getting their cut and all unlikely to care about this so called free and fair election.

5 hours ago, webfact said:

injected more than Bt70 billion 

5 hours ago, webfact said:

bring Bt39 billion in cash flow to the economy and Bt8.5 billion in profit to the communities. 

Not a very lucrative investment.  Our village built a sports centre a few years ago - grandstand, soccer field, oval track, tennis court and administration centre.  I have been here 6 years and I have actually seen it being used one time!  That was the tennis court.  The rest of the area is slowly being reclaimed by mother nature.  The problem appears that the facility is located at the extreme west end of the village so it is 'off the beaten path' . A wise use of a village grant!

Interesting use of the word "tout". According to most dictionaries, this is quite derogatory, both as a verb or a noun. e.g. " attempt to sell ( something) , typically by pestering people in an aggressive or bold manner" or "to solicit patronage" " to solicit, peddle, or persuade importunately". Take your pick.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

11 hours ago, Prairieboy said:

Not a very lucrative investment.  Our village built a sports centre a few years ago - grandstand, soccer field, oval track, tennis court and administration centre.  I have been here 6 years and I have actually seen it being used one time!  That was the tennis court.  The rest of the area is slowly being reclaimed by mother nature.  The problem appears that the facility is located at the extreme west end of the village so it is 'off the beaten path' . A wise use of a village grant!

Squandered 3  million by me on a  reservoir they cant  fill as the ground turned out to be hard  rock,  took them 6  weeks to dig with makros then declared it not deep enough, no site survey nothing.

11 hours ago, Prairieboy said:

Yep got  similar abandoned overgrown by us, never used, waste of  money, like the cycle  lanes,now reverting back to jungle.

Archived