Brit teens left for dead on snake-infested island after being ripped off by Thai conmen

webfact

NO WAY BACK 

Brit teens left for dead on snake-infested island after being ripped off by Thai conmen who promised to take them on snorkelling trip

The pals said they were told to jump out of the boat 32 feet from the island

By Nicola Stow

screenshot_8853.jpg

The teenagers claim they were left on the 'snake-infested' Thai island. Credit: CATERS NEWS AGENCY

A GROUP of Brit teenagers claim they were left for dead on an island infested with snakes after paying for a snorkelling trip.

Emily Ince, 19, from Preston, Lancs, was on a dream holiday to Thailand with 17 friends when they were approached by three men offering a snorkelling tour in the seaside resort of Hua Hin.

But the student claims after she and her pals joined the tour – paying £20 each – they were told to jump out of the speed boat 32 feet from an island.

They claim they were then told to swim to shore before the men threw just two snorkelling masks into the water for the group and advised them to "stay away from the snakes".

Emily said she and her friends were forced to swim in the jellyfish-infested sea to the island, which was swarming with deadly snakes.

screenshot_8854.jpg

Emily, third from right, with her pals, who have not been named, before they paid for their 'snorkelling' trip

Credit: CATERS NEWS AGENCY

Full Story: https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/8661838/rattlesnake-infested-island-teens-dead-thai-conmen-snorkelling-trip/

-- The SUN 2019-03-19

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Definitely sounds like a creative writing project this gal had for class so decided to use her snorkeling trip almost a year ago as the topic... “snake infested island”... “ on the deserted island for hours”.... “jelly fish infested sea “... 

There we were dropped off on this horrid island, 17 of us, young, nubile and in the bloom of life, the warm tropical sun heating our slim, firm tanned legal teenage bodies, the sweat rivuleting down our smooth brown flesh barely contained in our tiny bikinis, Marcia joked that the island was great except we needed a Man, as we walked along the beach giggling, hugging, playing kissing and splashing like a herd of young does we spied a figure coming towards us, Marcia moaned look its a bloke and what a bloke he was, tall, long blonde hair flipping with insolent sexuality as he strode towards us, muscles rippling, the tiniest of thong bathing suits barely concealing that which all of us were wanting, I heard gasps of wonder from my friends as they imagined the secret within, he smiled and said Hey Dudes, I felt a tingling, a warm, moist sensation that I had only felt when riding Steeplechase, he got closer to me and said, Well dudes, My name is Yezhov, there are 17 of you and one of me, that should work........

2 hours ago, webfact said:

they were told to jump out of the speed boat 32 feet from an island.

'32 feet from an island' Too precise to be believable. What about their personal belongings? IE clothes, shoes, handbags, makeup bags etc. Now where do I send my 'Go Fund Me' donation?

2 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

Rattlesnake infested island !!! Must have been a freaking long boat trip to find an island with rattlesnakes on it ????????

for the geography-challenged, because there are no rattlesnakes in Thailand.

And what makes an "infestation"? Weren't there any scary spiders? Sharks? Rabid dogs? Yeah, that's it. They forgot to mention that the island was infested with rabid dogs.

There we were dropped off on this horrid island, 17 of us, young, nubile and in the bloom of life, the warm tropical sun heating our slim, firm tanned legal teenage bodies, the sweat rivuleting down our smooth brown flesh barely contained in our tiny bikinis, Marcia joked that the island was great except we needed a Man, as we walked along the beach giggling, hugging, playing kissing and splashing like a herd of young does we spied a figure coming towards us, Marcia moaned look its a bloke and what a bloke he was, tall, long blonde hair flipping with insolent sexuality as he strode towards us, muscles rippling, the tiniest of thong bathing suits barely concealing that which all of us were wanting, I heard gasps of wonder from my friends as they imagined the secret within, he smiled and said Hey Dudes, I felt a tingling, a warm, moist sensation that I had only felt when riding Steeplechase, he got closer to me and said, Well dudes, My name is Yezhov, there are 17 of you and one of me, that should work........
I'll get you a fresh box of tissues.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

3 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

Rattlesnake infested island !!! Must have been a freaking long boat trip to find an island with rattlesnakes on it ????????

Where on earth does the report or The Sun article mention any rattle snakes?

I have been to many deserted or uninhabited islands around Thailand and I am always looking for snakes having been an amature herpetologist my entire life. I cannot recal ever seeing a snake on any of them ever. I’ve seen the odd banded seasnake while spearfishing around some of them but that’s it! These story has most certainly been exaggerated for effect.

3 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

Why lets facts come between the truth and a Sun story. The quality of research put into this story befits the brains of its readers and journalists of this toilet paper publication. 

3 minutes ago, suzannegoh said:

In a screenshot of a Tweet included in the Sun article.

Thanks and my sincere apologies and I now see it’s also actually embedded in the link text to the Sun article.

Well that’s it then they were obviously dropped off on the coast of land locked Arizona in the USA by the 3 alleged Thai conmen who apparently have exceptional seafaring and navigation skills.

3 hours ago, webfact said:

when they were approached by three men offering a snorkelling tour in the seaside resort of Hua Hin.

and they just trusted that the men were legitimate!!!!!!!!

Such has been warned of for decades. Lonely Planet books always had warnings, but perhaps they just didn't bother doing any research.

There are plenty of legitimate companies offering such, and the extra cost is worth it for just such reasons.

Archived