BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

webfact

Brit teens left for dead on snake-infested island after being ripped off by Thai conmen

2 hours ago, webfact said:

they were told to jump out of the speed boat 32 feet from an island.

'32 feet from an island' Too precise to be believable. What about their personal belongings? IE clothes, shoes, handbags, makeup bags etc. Now where do I send my 'Go Fund Me' donation?

They could do better than saying that the island doesn't even appear on the map. Sounds like they were marooned on Gilligan's Islands, with headhunters and snakes, until they were rescued by Wongway Feldman and the Ape Boy.

2 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

Rattlesnake infested island !!! Must have been a freaking long boat trip to find an island with rattlesnakes on it 🤔🤔

for the geography-challenged, because there are no rattlesnakes in Thailand.

And what makes an "infestation"? Weren't there any scary spiders? Sharks? Rabid dogs? Yeah, that's it. They forgot to mention that the island was infested with rabid dogs.

They are alive, in a world where some will snuff the life out for a few bright, shiny objects. The story will unfold, nicely laundered and ironed; by those who wish it so.

There we were dropped off on this horrid island, 17 of us, young, nubile and in the bloom of life, the warm tropical sun heating our slim, firm tanned legal teenage bodies, the sweat rivuleting down our smooth brown flesh barely contained in our tiny bikinis, Marcia joked that the island was great except we needed a Man, as we walked along the beach giggling, hugging, playing kissing and splashing like a herd of young does we spied a figure coming towards us, Marcia moaned look its a bloke and what a bloke he was, tall, long blonde hair flipping with insolent sexuality as he strode towards us, muscles rippling, the tiniest of thong bathing suits barely concealing that which all of us were wanting, I heard gasps of wonder from my friends as they imagined the secret within, he smiled and said Hey Dudes, I felt a tingling, a warm, moist sensation that I had only felt when riding Steeplechase, he got closer to me and said, Well dudes, My name is Yezhov, there are 17 of you and one of me, that should work........
I'll get you a fresh box of tissues.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

What about the cannibals, they didn't even get a mention, probably al killed off by the snakes. 

3 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

Rattlesnake infested island !!! Must have been a freaking long boat trip to find an island with rattlesnakes on it 🤔🤔

Where on earth does the report or The Sun article mention any rattle snakes?

3 minutes ago, Dukeleto said:

You clearly have not read the OP, as it states rattlesnake infested island.

4 minutes ago, Dukeleto said:

In a screenshot of a Tweet included in the Sun article.

I have been to many deserted or uninhabited islands around Thailand and I am always looking for snakes having been an amature herpetologist my entire life. I cannot recal ever seeing a snake on any of them ever. I’ve seen the odd banded seasnake while spearfishing around some of them but that’s it! These story has most certainly been exaggerated for effect.

I recon they are lucky the snakes didn't come out before they got off the boat 🤔

3 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

Why lets facts come between the truth and a Sun story. The quality of research put into this story befits the brains of its readers and journalists of this toilet paper publication. 

3 minutes ago, suzannegoh said:

In a screenshot of a Tweet included in the Sun article.

Thanks and my sincere apologies and I now see it’s also actually embedded in the link text to the Sun article.

Well that’s it then they were obviously dropped off on the coast of land locked Arizona in the USA by the 3 alleged Thai conmen who apparently have exceptional seafaring and navigation skills.

3 hours ago, webfact said:

when they were approached by three men offering a snorkelling tour in the seaside resort of Hua Hin.

and they just trusted that the men were legitimate!!!!!!!!

Such has been warned of for decades. Lonely Planet books always had warnings, but perhaps they just didn't bother doing any research.

There are plenty of legitimate companies offering such, and the extra cost is worth it for just such reasons.