Court to rule on Premchai poaching case

webfact

Court to rule on Premchai poaching case 

TSNBg3wSBdng7ijM6HI0rINnPtJ1TBkdBDz0lkK3

The Thong Phaphume provincial court in Thailand’s western province of Kanchanaburi is scheduled to deliver its long-awaited verdict in the illegal hunting case in which a billionaire Thai construction tycoon is charged with killing protected species.

The alleged offence took place on February 3rd last year in Kanchanaburi’s Thungyai Naresuan wildlife sanctuary.  The hunting party included Mr. Premchai Karnasuta, the CEO of Italian-Thai Development Corporation, Mr. Yong Dodkrua, Mr. Thani Thummat and cook Mrs. Nathee Riamsaen. They were arrested by forest rangers, led by Mr. Wichien Chinnawong, in possession of the carcasses of a panther and other animals.

The poaching arrest of the influential construction tycoon caused public uproar and fueled public awareness of Thailand’s wildlife, especially endangered species like the panther.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/court-to-rule-on-premchai-poaching-case-tomorrow/

thaipbs.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2019-03-19

20 minutes ago, cornishcarlos said:

Insufficient evidence, case closed.   

Just my guess !!

Or, restitution and compensations paid to the black panther family, case closed with a token fine to an otherwise exemplary citizen and a warning not to do again...

Arriving at the court. the very frail looking Premchai was assisted by a few strong men from his wheelchair.

Standing in the dock ( very unsteady on his feet ) he said not me your honour, i am too frail to even hold a gun, case of mistaken identity.????????

A money fine will be inconsequential, 

we all hope the case has highlighted and educated the need to protect endangered species, the court should have khun Premchai give back to the community by traveling the countries parks and learning what is unique about each particular one, being part of the ranger information crew, that then can be  passed on,  to Joe public, 

the education to all  just might sink in a little further,

all costs associated to be born by the convicted, there are somewhere around 120+ national parks for him to learn about.

Sadly the repetition of these high profile cases that get thrown out on such poor excuses has started to dull my feelings towards Thailand
There comes a point when you go with the flow so to speak or get ripped up in the tide, getting to the point where I dont even follow the stories because the outcomes are so obviously predetermined

Maybe this is the case that restores my faith, odds of this happening?..........

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, leeneeds said:

A money fine will be inconsequential, 

we all hope the case has highlighted and educated the need to protect endangered species, the court should have khun Premchai give back to the community by traveling the countries parks and learning what is unique about each particular one, being part of the ranger information crew, that then can be  passed on,  to Joe public, 

the education to all  just might sink in a little further,

all costs associated to be born by the convicted, there are somewhere around 120+ national parks for him to learn about.

5 years in jail on the standard prison diet and he would emerge a changed man. 

4 hours ago, Anythingleft? said:

Sadly the repetition of these high profile cases that get thrown out on such poor excuses has started to dull my feelings towards Thailand
There comes a point when you go with the flow so to speak or get ripped up in the tide, getting to the point where I dont even follow the stories because the outcomes are so obviously predetermined

Maybe this is the case that restores my faith, odds of this happening?..........

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

My feelings entirely. The only way to go is to not give a flying <deleted> about any semblance of justice and enjoy the bubble.......

1 minute ago, eddie61 said:

My feelings entirely. The only way to go is to not give a flying <deleted> about any semblance of justice and enjoy the bubble.......

I regard the visa fees I pay my price of admission to something that may well qualify as the world's greatest long-running farce

34 minutes ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

Convicted of related offenses but not poaching.

Typical Thai judicial cowardice. 

Agreed, sad that they can't get the poaching charge to stick. But they did convict an other for killing the black panther. So maybe they can't convict 2 for the same crime

Having said that its 16 months more and no probation.

But.. he will appeal. Still, most said nothing would happen. I know its the first step but its more then nothing.

Archived