May's Brexit deal in chaos as Speaker sparks 'constitutional crisis'

webfact

3 hours ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

So you don’t know whether it’s his car, but still accuse him it’s his? That’s a bit like saying “vogie likes fat ladyboys. He says he likes girls; I haven’t seen him with any girls, have you? Do you believe everything he says?”

You just admitted you don’t don’t know whether it’s his car. 

Given his wife is called Sally, and either he or she owns a car with the personalised plate 'S88 LYY' my money is on the fact the 4 X 4 with the bollx to Brexit sticker is his, but as you quite rightly say, we cant be sure- it may be purely circumstantial.

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

I doubt MPs will be stupid enough to do this, as it will prove beyond any doubt their duplicity.

I know you think the electorate have changed their mind since the referendum - but (like MPs....), I'm not at all convinced this is the case and suspect that they're not quite stupid enough to revoke article 50.

If they did so, more than a few MPs would lose their seats at the next GE IMO.

50 for starters and that's due to boundary changes cause they are getting fatter and there ain't enough room on them green benches for all them fat bums. ????

And 3 years is a long time in politics and by then all them sun readers will have forgotten who's fault it was... 

11 minutes ago, Basil B said:

50 for starters and that's due to boundary changes cause they are getting fatter and there ain't enough room on them green benches for all them fat bums. ????

And 3 years is a long time in politics and by then all them sun readers will have forgotten who's fault it was... 

But this thread is about Bercow's decision, and I'm still at a loss as to why leavers hate it so much.

Edit - I've no idea how this topic has turned into a topic about sun readers....  Do you think bercow reads the sun?

29 minutes ago, sungod said:

Given his wife is called Sally, and either he or she owns a car with the personalised plate 'S88 LYY' my money is on the fact the 4 X 4 with the bollx to Brexit sticker is his, but as you quite rightly say, we cant be sure- it may be purely circumstantial.

It doesn't matter, as he is quite happy driving it.

Edit - obviously I can't speak for anyone else, but my previous husband and I largely shared the same political views.

If (which he never would) have put a 'I support hunting' sticker on either car, I'd have ripped it off immediately before driving the car.

Someone in bercow's position would or should, be even more 'sensitive' about driving a car with such logos - unless of course, he agreed with it.....

I signed a petition requesting a debate on article 50, and the government agreed to debate it, on the basis of; Brexit re article 50 it must not be suspended/stopped under any circumstances”.

After the debate i received a video of the proceedings. I was appalled, i imagined a professional debate with many contributing, what i got was a half empty room most attending were either on their phones or tablets and they had a few people debating for most of the time anew referendum. Finally at the end of the debate a government official confirmed quite categorically that there would be no delay or suspension under any circumstances. The whole thing seemed to be a sham and if 50 is not implemented then they are all F*** liars and cheats and should never be in government again.I attach the link to the video below, see what you think.

https://parliamentlive.tv/Event/Index/1736e63b-5fba-4445-837b-6ee041a81a0b

4 hours ago, Thairealist said:

Treacherous May certainly knows what she’s doing. She’s a fully fledged remainer intent on keeping the U.K in the E.U. Even though the majority of her fellow citizens voted to leave. 

719E8EBD-366F-42ED-A985-0F201B6E171C.jpeg

the world I'm afraid doesn't give a fig about Britains post-imperial demise and delusions......

Long Live the Queen !

Image result for queen victoria

2 hours ago, malagateddy said:

If that is indeed the case and dhe revokes article 50..methinks there is the possibility of massive unrest in the UK.

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

got your ticket booked back home then to join the Peasant's Revolt....

Image result for wat tyler death

17 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

Of course it's not.  But sadly there are zero 'papers that are unbiased.....

Edit - But I'm still at a loss as to why leavers are unhappy at bercow's decision!

PLEASE, PLEASE can a leaver explain it to me?

I'm not unhappy - we ain't leaving except in the deranged minds of fanatical Brexiteers hanging onto a forlorn hope of no plan 'taking back control'. That ship long since sailed. 

This is a good un......there will be no revolution ...the moment Farige realizes his epic march has begun with a 100 soggy foot soldiers.

https://twitter.com/ByDonkeys/status/1106947553294196737/video/1

7 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

I'm not unhappy - we ain't leaving except in the deranged minds of fanatical Brexiteers habging onto a forlorn hope of taking back control. That ship long since sailed. 

This is a good un......there will be no revolution ...the moment Farige realizes his epic march has begun with a 100 soggy foot soldiers.

https://twitter.com/ByDonkeys/status/1106947553294196737/video/1

And you "ain't" a brexiter...

So I ask again, for an opinion from a brexit supporter as to why they are unhappy about bercow's decision?

Edit - Surely this is the best we could have hoped for?  Forcing both the uk and eu govts. to make it clear that they are determined to stop brexit at any cost?

Being 68 years young..no..however I do know quite a few people who intend to visit the shooting..stabbing capital of the world for a few days around the end of this month.
Think the chattering classes are in for a " wake up call ".[emoji6]

got your ticket booked back home then to join the Peasant's Revolt....

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRgLr7go44xMw7GkPxwFq6WBVpuz9DeYVCphqKV9BiSdJkVXLpT&key=8d1c62c04d31826f0cb7d4ad341c4a66c0fe4c1b936ff6d94155fca2838c9864

1 minute ago, malagateddy said:

Being 68 years young..no..however I do know quite a few people who intend to visit the shooting..stabbing capital of the world for a few days around the end of this month.

Bangkok during Songkran?

3 hours ago, Basil B said:

Why not?

It was pointed out in the news media that returning to the same issue without substantial change was in breach of parliamentary rules, this must have been pointed out two him, biased or not he can not ignore it.

seems to me it is the Brexiteers who are undemocratic, may can ask the same question as may times as she likes until it is voted through but but hell no to another referendum.

Actually agree with the first para. I think there may well have been a gentle whisper in Bercow's ear, with the prospect of points of order being raised if he ignored this rule. But I would also be surprised if May had not been aware of this possibility. Leadsom was surprised and pissed off though, unless she is an even better actress than May.  

Edit - But I'm still at a loss as to why leavers are unhappy at bercow's decision!

I think those ‘Leavers’ are the ones who had bought into May’s threat of “my deal or no brexit”. They seem to be mostly journos and the odd MP.
Now her surrender document is dead, they believe there will either be a long extension or May will try to rescind Article 50. Either of those would result in no exit.
At 10 days to go:
- will there be a long extension from the EU? Not according to what they say, but still quite possible.
- will she try to cancel Brexit? Political dynamite, but the elites still think they are calling the shots and continuing to steam roller over the electorate.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

6 minutes ago, malagateddy said:

No no..London

Who, the usual scum who look for any excuse to smash shop windows in and loot, Dose not matter, if Article 50 is withdrawn, we crash out, may gets deal, or what ever if the weather is hot enough they will come out of their holes.

3 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Actually agree with the first para. I think there may well have been a gentle whisper in Bercow's ear, with the prospect of points of order being raised if he ignored this rule. But I would also be surprised if May had not been aware of this possibility. Leadsom was surprised and pissed off though, unless she is an even better actress than May.  

prima donna?

Watch your mouth
My friends are business people travelling with their wifes.
Wifes will go shopping and my friends..BREXITEERS will be at Parliament Square.
Sadly..perhaps the scum you refer to will be some of the euuu luvys..curlers in their hair etc

Who, the usual scum who look for any excuse to smash shop windows in and loot, Dose not matter, if Article 50 is withdrawn, we crash out, may gets deal, or what ever if the weather is hot enough they will come out of their holes.

Don’t think the Leave campaigners are your type of usual scum. Not the types who will be away with arms full of trainers or flatscreens, into the nearest sink estate. Nor the usual leftist mobs, preprepared with masks and helmets.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

1 hour ago, dick dasterdly said:

Have you read the current Economist? Its not available in Thailand.....

Archived