HONDA's after sales service in SE Asia (TH vs VN)

Kf6vci

Always had good, affordable work done on messed up motor scooters etc. Real value for money. Always had a technician look at the bike when there was a question about what needs to be done?

Yesterday, in Vietnam. My Honda scooter (WH-125, but I think it's a SH in TH), made in 2012, has been fuel starved with a way too low idle speed. The engine stutters and stalls within seconds of getting nstarted (unless more fuel gets added by turning the wrist).

Simple - they do have diagnostics and can program their PGM-FI.

Not so fast. The dealership has women behind computers (nanny knows best). No, they won't let a man listen to the stuttering engine for a few seconds.

---

"We have no parts". "Go to some other garage". "Your bike has no EFI" (Yeah, HONDA likely spent $ 100 million and more perfecting this, then using it in every vehicle AFAIK). *+ Next, they demanded about $ 40 to have a technician listen to the "carburetted engine" running lean, then to adjust the carb.

In TH, the billing would come afterwards.

In Europe, some master would do a test drive or check the order, then have the young lads do the work. Pay some 4,000 THB an hour, kind sir. (I gave up on a Monster due to the cost of services).

The point of this rant:

Q: Do you have a contact at Honda's service operations? I feel there is something horribly wrong at this Vietnamese dealer's operations. It's a HONDA, bought and built in VN. Year 2012. And I can't see Vietnamese customers paying $ 40 to have the mechanics clad in white look at their bikes. // Think having to sort out the crowns and required root canal treaments with a receptionist who doesn't know that black spots are caries and what needs to be done about that.

All those back-street garages lack expensive diagnostics. What to do?

Sorry, as the owner of Honda big bikes going back to a CB 750 F II 'Bol d'Or and presently a 5th generation VFR 800, I can't believe this is the new brand policy.

IMG_0857.JPG

Always had good, affordable work done on messed up motor scooters etc. Real value for money. Always had a technician look at the bike when there was a question about what needs to be done?

Yesterday, in Vietnam. My Honda scooter (WH-125, but I think it's a SH in TH), made in 2012, has been fuel starved with a way too low idle speed. The engine stutters and stalls within seconds of getting nstarted (unless more fuel gets added by turning the wrist).

Simple - they do have diagnostics and can program their PGM-FI.

Not so fast. The dealership has women behind computers (nanny knows best). No, they won't let a man listen to the stuttering engine for a few seconds.
---
"We have no parts". "Go to some other garage". "Your bike has no EFI" (Yeah, HONDA likely spent $ 100 million and more perfecting this, then using it in every vehicle AFAIK). *+ Next, they demanded about $ 40 to have a technician listen to the "carburetted engine" running lean, then to adjust the carb.

In TH, the billing would come afterwards.

In Europe, some master would do a test drive or check the order, then have the young lads do the work. Pay some 4,000 THB an hour, kind sir. (I gave up on a Monster due to the cost of services).

The point of this rant:

Q: Do you have a contact at Honda's service operations? I feel there is something horribly wrong at this Vietnamese dealer's operations. It's a HONDA, bought and built in VN. Year 2012. And I can't see Vietnamese customers paying $ 40 to have the mechanics clad in white look at their bikes. // Think having to sort out the crowns and required root canal treaments with a receptionist who doesn't know that black spots are caries and what needs to be done about that.

All those back-street garages lack expensive diagnostics. What to do?

Sorry, as the owner of Honda big bikes going back to a CB 750 F II 'Bol d'Or and presently a 5th generation VFR 800, I can't believe this is the new brand policy.
IMG_0857.thumb.JPG.fd8f7c2b83fa15de3c61c2baa14f3a4b.JPG
Do U have a service manual ? Detailed trouble shooting listed

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Archived