REMITTANCE METHOD, EVERY MONTH OR AVERAGE?

Sorry to be raising this again but its very important going forward. Yesterday my Retired Extension was renewed based on Embassy letter. Job done in 10 minutes at Chiang Mai with my agents assistance. So. From 1st April, I have to be clear what I can, and cannot do so as not to fall foul of Immigration when I renew next year.

Lets put it simply, using 70,000 baht as the example. Am in now required to bring in K70 on, for example, 1st April, 1st May, 1st June making K210 for three months. OR, can I bring in 210,000 on 1st April to cover 3 months? It is and will be clearly shown as a Foreign Transfer from my UK Bank to Bangkok Bank here.

The young man from the Visa Agency seemed quite confident that the "3 monthly method" would be fine as it is based on "the average" of at least 65K...on the other hand, most people on Thai Visa seem to think that it literally now has to be a monthly remittance, and that no other option is acceptable.

Is there anybody reading this who can quote PRACTICAL ACTUAL EXPERIENCE, rather than theory on this very important situation? Thanks!

By all official accounts I have seen it will be previous 12 months of receiving 65k or more.  It can be received anytime during the month but each month must show such receipt.  Have no idea where your 'visa agent' came up with his average method as every report I have seen has said no.

• Like 1

All the information seems quite clear that "monthly income" has to be precisely that! i.e. 12 monthly payments of at least ฿65,000 from another country into your Thai bank account. There is no leeway on this or average of 3 months as far as I can see!

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

3 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Have no idea where your 'visa agent' came up with his average method as every report I have seen has said no.

I have heard of an instance in Jomtiem where the average was accepted after some lengthy discussion. Safe to say I wouldn't bet on it, more a last ditch effort. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

I have heard of an instance in Jomtiem where the average was accepted after some lengthy discussion. Safe to say I wouldn't bet on it, more a last ditch effort. 

There is leiway allowed this year only as many people are not aware of the new rules but even they seem to be the exception.

9 hours ago, EL159 said:

Is there anybody reading this who can quote PRACTICAL ACTUAL EXPERIENCE, rather than theory on this very important situation? Thanks!

Even if someone can give actual experience it’s not going to help much as this year the offices are supposed to be ‘flexible’.

I wouldn’t rely on the agents advice and would make monthly transfers until next year when the dust has settled.

• Like 1

There is no way to provide "actual experience" of what will be accepted in 2020, as the "leniency period" will have expired (to the extent it exists), and we will have to wait for reports of that year - likely varying by office - to have a good idea.

Also - both then and now - that which is accepted "with an agent's help" could very well differ from what is accepted otherwise.  Even if it is a "help organize" agent vs a "fake the money" agent, some sharing of the fee with immigration is likely in some shape or form. 

CYA is best - I'd stick with the 12 mo xfers.